July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby sirdle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 pm

amandamechele wrote:Your friend’s boyfriend has no idea that calling you the tall skinny one is such high praise after all of the work you’ve done to get there. Ha!

I was smiling all day! 8)

amandamechele wrote:LOL... I love it that you are still close friends with someone you’ve known for so long.

I'm rather proud that we are still friends. In 12th grade she asked me to the Senior Prom. I said, "Er... what about your boyfriend?" She replied, "Boyfriends come and boyfriends go... but you are going to be around the rest of my life!"

Cheers, :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby GlennR » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Shredded wheat is made from flour, so it is not part of the MWL program. It has a calorie density of 1600 cal/lb.

That's not accurate. Shredded wheat is wheat that has been cooked and run through wheels that cut the wheat in long strands. It is not a flour product.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/5668642/this-is-how-shredded-wheat-is-really-made-and-each-one-takes-24-hours-to-create/
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm

GlennR wrote:
Lyndzie wrote:Shredded wheat is made from flour, so it is not part of the MWL program. It has a calorie density of 1600 cal/lb.

That's not accurate. Shredded wheat is wheat that has been cooked and run through wheels that cut the wheat in long strands. It is not a flour product.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/5668642/this-is-how-shredded-wheat-is-really-made-and-each-one-takes-24-hours-to-create/

Thanks for the clarification. It is still too night in calorie density to be eaten while working on weight loss, as most dry cereals are.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby alishana » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:04 am

Hi everyone ! Still no loss for me, but I'm relieved. I just came back of 2 weeks visiting my family and even if they make delicious vegan food for me, it's mainly not MWLP approved. To maintenance a balance, I was preparing some food myself and trying to not overeat. Now that I'm back at home, I'm exited to lose again !
I'm wishing you an awesome day !
alishana

Postby sirdle » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 am

A gain of 1.3 lbs this week. :o

Still roller-coasting after my trip to Germany. Still eating a lot of food, but my exercise has dropped quite a bit and I've reverted to more starches and fewer vegetables.

Need to work harder at transitioning back to my previous eating patterns.

Cheers, :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby cmwann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 am

Down .6 to 138 lbs. That is a WIN for me since we went to an out of town wedding last weekend, and it was rough to stay on plan! I did the best I could, though, and I think still losing is fantastic at this point! Only 8 lbs to go till the goal weight I set on 8/29, so 11 months ago. I had 25.6 lbs to lose at that point, and I was WFPB (have been for a few years), but not McDougall until a couple of months ago. I'm so happy I found his plan since that has been what has spurred more weight loss after being stuck.

I hope you all had a good week, and good luck with the upcoming one! It's going to be great!!
cmwann

Postby moonlight » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 am

I’m at the same weight as last week, which is remarkable given my week. I’ve been way out of my regular schedule without having control over my choice of food sometimes. Most days I haven’t gotten any exercise. I think this next week I’ll be back to my regular schedule.
Good luck everyone!
moonlight

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:31 am

Starting weight (7/5/19): 158.5
Week 1 (7/12/19): 151.4 (loss of 7.1)
Week 2 (7/19/19): 153.4 (gain of 2.0)
Week 3 (7/26/19): 154.4 (gain of 1.0)

I keep telling myself I'm still down 4 lbs for the month.

Hey, I'm looking forward to keeping up with this monthly challenge, but won't be around next week to weigh. I want to use my Wednesday weight for my Aug 2 weight. Hopefully that's okay.
AnnetteW

Postby vegman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 am

Last Friday: 164.0 (BMI 24.4)
Today: 165.3 (BMI 24.6)
Change: +1.3 pounds
Goal: < 148 (<BMI 22)

Under the weather and inactive most of week. Fewer salads.
vegman

Postby Shortnsweet » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:58 am

I need my weigh-in day to be on Wednesdays. It's usually my lowest weight day of the week. As of Wed, I was down 1.9 lbs. I've had 2 days of eating out at Mexican restaurants and although I made good choices, I know that's caused a blip on the scale.

As of today, my weight loss for the week is 0.7 lbs and I'm ok with that. I'm feeling a bit smaller. Actually, I accidentally put on a pair of jeans shorts that are 2 sizes smaller than I've been wearing and they were snug, but fit.

I officially committed to Pilates and had my first class Wednesday. It was hard! But, I liked it because it is a total body workout. I've determined I only have jello in my 'core'. I looked like a seal trying to do crunches. I could only lift my chin to chest like I was nodding yes. At no point did my shoulders leave the mat.

I haven't had any wine (or alcohol) for 18 consecutive days. My original plan was no wine until end of July, but I'm thinking of extending it to 30-days. I'm feeling so much better overall and I know this is a contributing factor.

I have family in town this weekend and we're going to a concert, celebrating a birthday (not mine) and probably going out to eat a few times. I'm looking forward to it and doing a lot of self-talk to get myself mentally prepared to have fun without going off plan.

Shortnsweet

Postby Michele613 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 am

Up 1.5 #s....Not in a good head space yet so no surprise...maybe the turn will be next week.

Good eatin' to everyone....keep eyes on goal!
Michele613

Postby Aprincess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:32 am

Up a half pound this week.. :oops: I need to give it more of an effort this week. Good luck everyone!
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Alishana - Welcome back from vacation! I’m glad you were able to stay pretty close to the plan. That is a fabulous accomplishment. I wish you an awesome day and week!

sirdle - It’ll settle down now that you are back to your regular life patterns. Good luck transitioning back.

cmwann - Woo hoo! I’m so excited for you, you are getting close. I’m also glad to hear that you have found the program helpful. Keep up all of the good choices.

Moonlight - Best wishes for the coming week, you can get back on track. I find this lecture from Dr. Lisle is a good one to watch while doing my food prep when getting back on track. The Path of Least Resistance.

Annette - You had an unusual loss due to your fasting for a medical treatment, and you are correct that 4 pounds a month is standard and to be proud of that. Yes, please do weigh in on Wednesday next and I’ll use it for next Friday.

Vegman - I hope you feel better this week.

ShortnSweet - I have been planning to move the weigh-in day, unfortunately not to Wednesdays, in order to accommodate my family’s schedule this coming fall. I was thinking Thursday/Friday weigh-ins. My concern is that leaves the whole weekend to get into trouble for those susceptible to that kind of thing. Enjoy the Pilates, my crunch abilities are similar to yours... LOL...love the cartoon. Good luck this week with your social events and congratulations on your extended break from alcohol. Red Squadron’s got your back!

Michele - XO. You’ve checked-in, and I’m so happy about that. That’s a difficult thing to do when not feeling it, so please give yourself a little pat on the back for that. Keep observing what your eating and make mental notes about situations that commonly lead to trouble following the guidelines.

Amy - You can take that 1/2 pound back off this week. No worries. Keep up the good efforts. :)

amandamechele

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:16 am

last week 274,4lbs this week 276.4lbs for 2lb gain. gah.
Rosey

Postby laurag » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Still at 152 hi everyone lots of positive energy out there I love it! I am more motivated than ever I feel like I really got this!
laurag

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program