July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Just moving this check-in over to the correct location. :)
Heyjudi wrote:Happy Friday Everyone.

I am the worst for checking in! :crybaby: But just wanted to post that I reached my first goal. I am 125.2 today. I have been carrying around an extra 5-10 lbs for the last 3 years. Sort of slipped off the wagon. :roll: Guidelines are in place and focus is back. I will be attending the 3 Day Intensive in September and plan to lose the last 5 and be 120 by then.

The combination of diligence, eating more greens and being faithful to my walking each day has paid off. AND I don't eat out even though friends try to convince me it won't hurt! It does! It did for me! Extra calories, fat, salt, definitely affected my resolve over the past few years and I see now where the pounds came from.

Best of luck everyone! Stay focused and be compliant and you will get the results!

Judi :-D
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi All!

Thank you for checking in this week. We’ve spent another whole month together and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. I hope you have all enjoyed the challenge of it, whether this was a good or not-so-good month for actual weight loss. Keep on practicing all of the strategies you have developed for yourselves that help you follow the guidelines.

Here’s a quick reminder on where your focus should be:

For a look at all of Dr. McDougall’s suggestions take a look at:
Dr. McDougall’s Color Picture Book

Have a lovely week and I hope to see you in the August Thread.

Amy XO.

Here are the results for the fourth week in July:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, August 2nd, 2019

Total group loss reported in 2019: 349.02 pounds

July 2019 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2019: 140.53 pounds
Total group loss in February 2019: 78.64 pounds
Total group loss in March 2019: 7.4 pounds
Total group loss in April 2019: 33.55 pounds
Total group loss in May 2019: 38.2 pounds
Total group loss in June 2019: 13.4 pounds
Total group loss in July 2019: 37.3 pounds

Week ending 07/26/2019: 12 participants reported a total loss of -0.9 pounds
---------------------------------------
Sirdle - 1.3
AnnetteW - 1.0
Vegman - 1.3
Michele613 - 1.5
APrincess - 0.5
Rosey - 2.0
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 7.6
--------------------------------------
Alishana - 0.0
Cmwann - 0.6
Moonlight - 0.0
ShortnSweet - 0.7
LauraG - 0.0
Heyjudi - 5.4
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 6.7
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in July 2019: 37.3 pounds
Week ending 07/26/2019: 12 participants reported a total loss of -0.9 pounds
Week ending 07/19/2019: 11 participants reported a total loss of 9.4 pounds
Week ending 07/12/2019: 10 participants reported a total loss of 20.9 pounds
Week ending 07/05/2019: 10 participants reported a total loss of 7.9 pounds
amandamechele

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 pm

amandamechele wrote:Hi All!

Thank you for checking in this week. We’ve spent another whole month together and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. I hope you have all enjoyed the challenge of it, whether this was a good or not-so-good month for actual weight loss. Keep on practicing all of the strategies you have developed for yourselves that help you follow the guidelines.

Here’s a quick reminder on where your focus should be:

Wow, thank you so much for the great information. I’m going to get this right eventually. You are so helpful!
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby Strawberry60 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 am

Hi I would like to join the weigh in thread rather than just posting on my own page.
Is that ok?
Do I post weekly onto this page?
Can I also ask questions on here?
I normally weigh on a Tuesday which I have done today but will weigh again on Friday.
I was disappointed this morning to see a 1.2lb gain. I am counting my calories and have been 100% strict and even moved around more, yet a gain! :crybaby:
Anyway I shall wait to hear back x
Will it matter in 10 minutes. 10 hours. 10 days. 10 weeks. 10 months. 10 years.
Strawberry60

Postby sirdle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 am

Strawberry60 wrote:Hi I would like to join the weigh in thread rather than just posting on my own page.
Is that ok?
Do I post weekly onto this page?
Can I also ask questions on here?
I normally weigh on a Tuesday which I have done today but will weigh again on Friday.
I was disappointed this morning to see a 1.2lb gain. I am counting my calories and have been 100% strict and even moved around more, yet a gain! :crybaby:
Anyway I shall wait to hear back x

Welcome to the club!

When you lose 5 lbs we'll teach you the secret handshake. :shock: Nah, just kidding. ;-)

Congratulations on moving around! It is very important, not just for weight loss, but for your quality of life!

The 'threads' are organized by month. We have already had our last weigh-in for July. In the next few days Amy will start a new thread for August and then we'll all move over there.

Feel free to post any questions you have, but be sure to also check out Jeff Novick's sub-forum. Lots of great information there! Many of your questions may already have been answered.

Cheers, :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Connie - Gah indeed! Keep up the efforts of the past couple of weeks. You can get that number heading back in the right direction. XO.

Laura - I love hearing that! Your positive attitude is infectious. :) Thank you.

Judy - I’m glad you are doing so well. Congratulations. I had no doubt about your determination based on your track record of success. Your closing line is worth repeating. Stay focused and be compliant and you will get the results!

Amy - You are, I just know it. It may take time so be kind to yourself when you slip up but just keep at it.

Strawberry60 - Welcome, we would love to join you on your path to health. Yes, you do post weekly. A new August Thread will be put up late tomorrow evening (after I’ve figured out what to write about...or more accurately which of the many already posted articles, guidelines or videos to focus on...LOL). I will include a link in this thread, so you can just click on it to go there. Otherwise, just look under the MWL thread and you will see it there, once added. Let’s talk more about how you are doing in the August thread. Your small gain could have occurred for many reasons, and could also just be a blip on the scale vanishing this coming week while being equally diligent. I look forward to learning more about you. I will be changing the weigh in days to Thursday and Friday in August. This is a brand new change, so I expect a slow migration back a day over a number of weeks, so please don’t be surprised to see people weighing in anytime between Thursday and Sunday as we all get used to the new request.

Sirdle - Awesome welcome and info. Thank you.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 pm

Connie - Gah indeed! Keep up the efforts of the past couple of weeks. You can get that number heading back in the right direction. XO.

Laura - I love hearing that! Your positive attitude is infectious. :) Thank you.

Judy - I’m glad you are doing so well. Congratulations. I had no doubt about your determination based on your track record of success. Your closing line is worth repeating. Stay focused and be compliant and you will get the results!

Amy - You are, I just know it. It may take time so be kind to yourself when you slip up but just keep at it.

Strawberry60 - Welcome, we would love to join you on your path to health. Yes, you do post weekly. A new August Thread will be put up late tomorrow evening (after I’ve figured out what to write about...or more accurately which of the many already posted articles, guidelines or videos to focus on...LOL). I will include a link in this thread, so you can just click on it to go there. Otherwise, just look under the MWL thread and you will see it there, once added. Let’s talk more about how you are doing in the August thread. Your small gain could have occurred for many reasons, and could also just be a blip on the scale vanishing this coming week while being equally diligent. I look forward to learning more about you. I will be changing the weigh in days to Thursday and Friday in August. This is a brand new change, so I expect a slow migration back a day over a number of weeks, so please don’t be surprised to see people weighing in anytime between Thursday and Sunday as we all get used to the new request.

Sirdle - Awesome welcome and info. Thank you.
amandamechele

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:25 am

Amandamechelle, I'm posting my Friday weight right now for you. I'm being a bit too stable right now, and when I'm home from my trip plan on hitting it hard. 153.3 (loss of 1.1 lbs from last Friday).

Thanks
AnnetteW

Postby amandamechele » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Here is the link to the new August Weigh In Thread.

Weigh-in is today and tomorrow!

I hope to see you all there.

Amy
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program