June 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Shortnsweet » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Lord have mercy. Last day of vaca. Heading home. I give myself a B-/C+ for staying on plan. I’m glad to be heading home where I can get back on track ASAP.
Shortnsweet

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Shortnsweet wrote:Lord have mercy. Last day of vaca. Heading home. I give myself a B-/C+ for staying on plan. I’m glad to be heading home where I can get back on track ASAP.

I hope you had a lovely vacation! Being at home does make it easier to follow the guidelines.
Best wishes getting right back on track. Try to ignore the nagging of your nervous system as it complains about the changes back to whole natural foods. It will adjust quickly with very good adherence... and then it will be singing your praises!
Let me know how it goes. :)

Amy
amandamechele

Postby cmwann » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 am

Down 2.2 this week, so I'm at 138.6. I'll take it, for sure, but I'm still now down to the 137.6 I was a few weeks ago. BUT there's only 1 pound till I hit that again and then it's down even more from there. The numbers do matter for me, but it's more than that. I just can't ever imagine eating like I used to. I'm sure I may cave now and then to something everyone else around me is eating, but it doesn't hold the appeal that it used to. Usually a bite is enough to tell me that it may taste good, but it's not all that, and not worth my health. I really look forward to my oatmeal in the morning and yummy sweet potatoes or brown rice and good veggies. I'm so thankful that I've found this way of eating!

As for snack cravings at night (from a post above), I've been making a McDougall recipe for granola. That seems to do the trick for me. I hope that helps!

Have a great week, everyone!
cmwann

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program