Jeff Novick's 10-Point Checklist

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Jeff Novick's 10-Point Checklist

Postby DenverGuy » Sat May 18, 2019 9:15 am

I received the e-mail today with the checklist and it was good to see that again. It was disappointing to see that air-popped popcorn is on the list of foods to avoid. I never would have guessed! It's a lot better than the packaged stuff cooked in oil. I have been making a batch of Trader Joe's organic popcorn every day, not realizing that that could be holding me back from losing more weight.
Also, I like Dave's Killer 21 grain bread with a little sliced avocado on it. That's bad.
Nuts and seeds? I will give them up. But don't we need a little natural fat?
Any thoughts on the air-popped pop corn?
DenverGuy

Re: Jeff Novick's 10-Point Checklist

Postby JeffN » Sat May 18, 2019 9:35 am

DenverGuy wrote:I received the e-mail today with the checklist and it was good to see that again. It was disappointing to see that air-popped popcorn is on the list of foods to avoid. I never would have guessed! It's a lot better than the packaged stuff cooked in oil. I have been making a batch of Trader Joe's organic popcorn every day, not realizing that that could be holding me back from losing more weight.
Also, I like Dave's Killer 21 grain bread with a little sliced avocado on it. That's bad.
Nuts and seeds? I will give them up. But don't we need a little natural fat?
Any thoughts on the air-popped pop corn?

The 10 point Checklist is for the Maximum Weight Loss Program, hence the restrictions on both high fat foods and calorie dense foods. This is not new.

There are several discussions on the popcorn issues (which is 1800 calories per pound)

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14126&#p127817

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Jeff Novick's 10-Point Checklist

Postby DenverGuy » Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 am

I appreciate your response. I'll read the popcorn article. Thanks.
DenverGuy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program