May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:35 pm

Welcome to the May Weigh-In Thread for Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Program.

For the program details visit the MWL Guidelines thread in this forum. Please check out as many of the links as you have time for, there is so much here to discover!
A couple of other great resources, for those just starting out, are from Jeff Novick the staff dietician for the program: The Ultimate Guide to Free Calorie Density (MWL) Resources and his 1 hour video explanation on Calorie Density: How to Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer.

Hi Everyone!

I’m thrilled to have you considering joining us for a month of MWL eating. Welcome back to everyone continuing with their weight loss from previous periods. We are going to rock this month too!
I often wonder who has had a chance to take a look at the links, provided above, which breakdown the program and concept of calorie density in detail. Since I seem to benefit from a semi-regular refresher of best practices, I thought I’d post one of the sections from the MWL Resources thread. Below is a quick pictorial crash-course on how effective adjusting the ratio of starchy foods to non-starchy vegetables can be:

To see the whole slideshow click here: Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Healthy

Best wishes for the rest of the week! I’m looking forward to hearing from you all on Friday and Saturday!

Amy XO

Here are the standard monthly instructions for participating in this thread:

Our weigh in's are on Fridays and you have until 12 PM PST on Saturday to report.

This weekly weigh in group is for those wanting to follow the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) program or Mary's Mini's. There is a sticky at the top of this forum on the guidelines for the MWL program..

In order to tally the results please submit your results by posting the total pounds you have lost or gained that week. You don't have to share your total weight if you'd rather keep that to yourself. This is an honor system so we take the gain, loss or maintain you give us in order to tally. (Please make a new post each week)

If you are a new member and would like to join but don't have a weight to be counted for the week then you will be counted either as a body with a zero starting weight, or when you check in for the weekly weigh in the following week. Large amounts of weight lost over a period of months or weeks, prior to joining the weekly weigh in group, will not be counted towards the weekly total.

If you measure your weight in something other than pounds please convert the measurement to pounds.

All gains will be counted towards the total to encourage weekly participation. Posting is encouraged whether it's a gain, a loss, or a maintain.

You are welcome to share as little or as much as you want on your weight loss journey here in this thread. We encourage members of the group to talk to each other, cheer each other on and set goals together.

This thread is for the mutual support of all who wish to participate.
amandamechele

Re: May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby josietheschnauzer » Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Thank you. I will try and participate.
josietheschnauzer

Postby amandamechele » Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 am

josietheschnauzer wrote:Thank you. I will try and participate.

Hi Josie!

Wonderful to have you join us. :)
Are you new to the program? How did you learn about Dr. McDougall?

Amy
amandamechele

Postby moonlight » Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Amy, I like the pictures and graph! We will rock this May!! Thank you for all you do to encourage and support us. :D
moonlight

Postby Shelley Crockett » Fri May 03, 2019 5:14 am

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a great week.

I had a great week of birthday celebrations, which included a few dinners out.
I did my best to avoid oil, but was definitely eating higher calorie density foods than I have been, more processed food and salt. I've felt bloated all week.

Stepped on the scale and was up 4 lb!! :eek: Yikes, I was a wee bit shocked as I didn't think I was that far off program. But proof that that extra little bit of indulgence really does make a huge difference. Back to strict MWL, as my body does like it best.

Sorry, if I throw off the weekly numbers with this gain.

Shell. :)
Shelley Crockett

Postby Dpascar » Fri May 03, 2019 5:45 am

Good morning all, went on an all inclusive vacation and stayed good to the food but maybe indulged in the open bar a bit too much. Gained 2 pounds on vacation but lost 1.5 this week. So for this week I am 1.5 loss but since my last official weigh in I am .5 gain. How is that for confusing.
Dpascar

Postby KathleenK » Fri May 03, 2019 6:15 am

Hi everyone. This is my first post in the May 2019 Weigh In Thread. I weighed 185.0 lbs this morning with a goal weight of 145.0 lbs I am 5'9'. Since I am just restarting my journey my weight loss for the week is 0 lbs. :-) Happy to be on board.
KathleenK

Postby AnneC » Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 am

Hello everyone! I'm starting back on MWL and vegan eating today. I baked a batch of potatoes yesterday to get me off to a good start for the weekend. Not weighing in today because I'm just starting, but figured I should post something to commit myself to a weigh in next Friday. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's weight loss progress. AnneC
AnneC

Postby anelson108 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 am

Weigh-in today: 194
Last week: 192.8
Results: 1.2 pound gain
Total loss (since joining MWL): 10.6
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: Again, I ate some high-fat foods this week. I did some emotional eating. Amandamechele, thanks for your comments last week! I will watch the food addiction/emotional eating links you posted.
anelson108

Postby beanpip » Fri May 03, 2019 9:00 am

I would love to join in too if that's OK?
I will just be starting out - I am 215lbs and only 5'3" so quite a journey ahead of me!
Thank you :)
Karina xx
beanpip

Postby Rosey » Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

I'm up this week 285.4lbs so 2lbs up from last weight. Very swollen so I know that's part of it. Wish I could get my body to behave. Pretty sure sugar is a lot of my issue. keeping track like I have been I seem to keep letting sugar back in just before the worst of the swelling.
Rosey

Postby Apr.grandash55 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello, I’ve been trying to follow the Mcdougall plan for a while now. I found him after finding Doug Lisle on YouTube. I just found this forum today and I’m excited to participate in this thread. I will start with a 0 as I’m just starting. I have 45 pounds to lose. Good luck this week everyone!
Apr.grandash55

Postby cmwann » Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm

This is my first post. I'm 143.8 this morning (no loss or gain for the week) and my goal weight is 130. I've been mainly WFPB for a couple of years, but am not as strict as I'd like to be, and I am now going to try Dr. McDougall's weight loss (no nuts/seeds, dried fruits, etc.) to hopefully get this ball rolling again! I've been keeping a weight journal since the end of August of 2018, and I'm down 12.2 pounds in that time, so VERY slow weight loss. But it's still a loss and hopefully will keep going in the right direction if I keep at it! :-)
cmwann

Postby alishana » Fri May 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi ! I'm up 1lbs this week.
alishana

Postby Heyjudi » Fri May 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Hello Group,

It's been a while since I've been on the discussion board. :crybaby: Sadly I've added some weight (8 lbs) over the last year and I need to get back on track. My weight today is 134.4 and I want to get back to 125. I'm happy :-D to join the May 2019 MWL Weigh In.

I am a March 2012 10 Day 'Grad' and I have been enjoying eating this way of eating for the last 7 years. I love it! However, I have been less compliant this last year. Ergo 8 lbs!!!! :angry:

@Amy, I made a Jeff Novick 'approved CD chart' when I got home from the program in 2012, I've updated and would like to share with the group if that is okay? I print it out and post it on my frig to help me get back to my Calorie Density Roots!

Judi

Today: 134.4
Goal: 125
Heyjudi

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program