May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Idgie » Fri May 31, 2019 6:21 am

Down .8 to 306.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby sirdle » Fri May 31, 2019 6:37 am

A loss of 0.6 lbs this week. :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Artista » Fri May 31, 2019 9:45 am

I weigh the same this week as last week.

Thank you, Amy, for all your positive words to encourage the members of this group. :)
Artista

Postby pace524 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:16 am

Happy Friday! Down 2.4 lbs this week. Still battling this asthma flare up and cough but still making progress here. It's nice that the eating plan is so simple. It doesn't require a lot of extra work or thought...just a little prep. :)

Weight last week: 215

Weight this week: 212.6

Total weight loss since starting MWL: 7lbs

Last edited by pace524 on Fri May 31, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pace524

Postby Belana » Fri May 31, 2019 10:26 am

Goodbye May and hello MWL,
No weight loss for me.
I watched Doug Lisle's Cram Circuit presentation on YouTube.
I know my triggers for that and having house guests just joined the list. Luckily, I'm done with house guests for a while.
One good thing I learned that I was confused about is the difference between binge eating and a conditioned cram.
Knowledge is power.
Weight: 108.7
Belana

Postby Heyjudi » Fri May 31, 2019 11:11 am

I have been remiss on posting on Fridays but I am doing well on MWL.

I am 130.6 today :-D
Heyjudi

Postby OOnaOwl » Fri May 31, 2019 11:15 am

I am still in this for the win! :)
No new weight lost, but I haven't gained any of the few pounds I have lost back at least.

I believe I have pinpointed the facets of this weight loss project that are hindering my success: Consistent over-eating & some insulin resistance. Thank you Belana for mentioning the Doug Lisle information! I am going to watch that video on Cram Circuit. I get so confused because I am small & pretty sure I eat too many calories for the size I want to be. But the feedback from other people in my life is often mixed that I am either over or under eating. I need to stop listening to those people & follow my inner guidance on this! I was for sure overeating these past few months at nearly every meal-as in a very full feeling until I couldn't eat more-but not so much that I felt sick or that I would burst at least. For the insulin resistance I have reduced white starches to none or occasional for now, and limited grains to oatmeal in the morning only. I might add some brown rice in soon also. I am eating a lot more raw vegetables & more fruits. My goal is to lose at least 10 more pounds, I began this round of weight loss on February and have only lost about 2 to 4 pounds since then.

I am enjoying the food, have come up with some new favorite dishes for the warmer weather too. Wishing everyone here health & happiness to you & yours!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAKnwyn/]

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" -Japanese proverb
OOnaOwl

Postby Spirit3330 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Good Afternoon...

Yaaaaayyyyy..... I'm down 2.5 lbs. I wish I had done some measurements before I started. I see a big difference in my waistline and hips.

Spirit3330
Spirit3330

Postby LLP » Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm

No loss for me. Just happy it isn't a gain :)

Liz
LLP

Postby midnight87 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:00 pm

No loss for me this week, I was worried I might have a gain so I'll take it. I had some issues with allergies this week so I wasn't paying attention as well to my food. Now, I'm just looking forward to June :)
midnight87

Postby amandamechele » Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Some responses that I missed from last week:

Pace - Happy happy Belated Birthday! A birthday, a car accident, asthma and 3 pounds down. Sounds like a busy week with lots of highs and lows. Congratulations on your loss. That is amazing!

Idgie - I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she is home now. It is really easy to fall back into old habits in times of extreme stress. We want the comfort of that little hit of sweet/fat food pleasure, while being too tired to keep up the prep work necessary to stay easily on track and out of trouble. It can be a really trying time and I’m glad you got through it with a loss. I hope you are proud of yourself. How is mum doing this week?

Rick - Thanks for the soup recipe. I feel quite similarly to how you and your wife used to feel about kale. It’s just not my favourite because of its toughness and bitterness. The soup sounds like a delicious way to give it another try. Thanks!

Liz - I’m sorry your post got lost and then I also failed to acknowledge your new post in a timely fashion. Sincerest apologies. I’m so glad you are slowing incorporating more and more of the guidelines into your life each week. The process does work, very well. Congratulations on your loss.

And now onto this week:

cmwann - Yes! You are so close. Next week will possibly be the week you get into the 130s. I’m glad you are enjoying exploring new recipes. Have you found any new favourites?

Idgie - Nice!

Rick - Awesome!

Artista - You are very welcome. :) Everyone’s contributions and discussions are so appreciated by me. Culturally speaking food is such a social process, I enjoy knowing that even though we are not breaking bread together (or maybe potatoes...LOL), we are sharing the preparation, described enjoyment, and beneficial outcomes experienced from our chosen food culture. 3 out of 4 ain’t bad. XO.

Pace - Woo hoo. Another great week! I’m sorry to hear about your asthma and cough. Do you live in an area where the air quality is lower than usual, or is this maybe a seasonal flare up for you? There are some pretty bad forest fires raging in Alberta, in the next province over from where I live, and it has created an intermittent haze in my area. It is especially tough for people with inflammatory airway diseases.

Belana - Hello Goodbye to May! I hope you’ll be joining us for June too. Knowledge is power!

Judy - Thanks for checking in. I’m glad you are still doing well and sticking to your goals. Best wishes for the coming week!

OOnaOwl - Here’s a link to The Cram Circuit lecture. It is very helpful. I wish you well with your 10 pound goal. Keep doing what you are doing and let time work its magic. I’d love to hear about some of your new warmer weather favourite dishes!

Spirit Double yaaaaaay! LOL. Congratulations.

Liz - I’d call that a silver lining!

Midnight - See picture above! June is here and we now have a fresh new beginning on our hands. So let’s reset some goals for the month and work towards them. XO.
Sent from my iPad
amandamechele

Postby Dpascar » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:23 am

Might be a day late but better than not. Down 0.2 pounds this week. I have definitely plateaued a bit since losing the 47 initial pounds. Fluctuating but slowly getting towards my ultimate goal of 50. (To be honest my goal originally was 30 which I thought I would never reach). Have a great day. Dan
Dpascar

Postby moonlight » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:00 am

No loss for me this week. Like others have said, I'm glad I don't have to report a gain. Yesterday I was sitting eating lunch at a restaurant. I was thinking about how disappointed I was that I haven't lost weight this week. Then I realized I had made an exception for lunch, I was eating tortilla chips! No wonder there's no weight loss... I've let higher fat food creep into my diet... Argh!

Congratulations to everyone checking in and continuing to pursue a healthier diet and lifestyle! I hope you all have a week filled with vegetables and starches and losses. :D
moonlight

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:09 am

Hi All,

For anyone that hasn’t yet checked in (there’s still all day today), you can weigh in here today or in the new June group.

Talk to you all soon!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby pace524 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:51 pm

~Amandamechele wrote,
- Pace. Woo hoo. Another great week! I’m sorry to hear about your asthma and cough. Do you live in an area where the air quality is lower than usual, or is this maybe a seasonal flare up for you? There are some pretty bad forest fires raging in Alberta, in the next province over from where I live, and it has created an intermittent haze in my area. It is especially tough for people with inflammatory airway diseases.

Thank you! The asthma is definitely an unusual seasonal flare up for me. I'm in Northern California, and we've had a longer than usual rainy season. This is great but caused a difficult allergy/asthma season for many. I'm usually not one of them, so for that I am grateful. Today I feel a bit better. Hopefully it keeps moving in that direction.

Have a beautiful week. Praying they get those forest fires under control in Alberta!
pace524

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program