Budget and no cooking

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Budget and no cooking

Postby Steflou64 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:48 am

I ordered Maximum Weight Loss book and need to lose 100 pounds. I recently wasted $1,500 on a down payment for gastric sleeve in Mexico and plane ticket. I was going to do the Spud Fit potatoes only for a year but see that is a bad idea. Will doing the Maximum Weight Loss plan let me recover my $1,500 and lose weight? I have tried every diet and am very depressed/weigh over 200 pounds! I also do not cook so need easy throw together meals and travel meals for the weekends.
Steflou64

Re: Budget and no cooking

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:33 pm

You have come to the right place. Everything you need to know is free on this website.

Color Picture Book
https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/dr-mcdo ... nglish.pdf

SNAP meals:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/Advance ... t_3-13.pdf

Be glad the only thing you’re out is the deposit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby dlee » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 am

Steflou64 wrote:I ordered Maximum Weight Loss book and need to lose 100 pounds.
I recently wasted $1,500 on a down payment for gastric sleeve in Mexico and plane ticket. I was going to do the Spud Fit potatoes only for a year but see that is a bad idea. Will doing
the Maximum Weight Loss plan let me recover my $1,500 and lose weight? I have tried every diet and am very depressed/weigh over 200 pounds! I also do not cook so need easy throw together meals and travel meals for the weekends.

Just curious , Why do you say you wasted money on the deposit for gastric sleeve ?
As Lyndzie says the program is all here on this site to help you.
.So many people have been helped to lose weight and gain health. Keep meals simple. and consider doing some batch cooking...like baked potatoes. Scrub and throw a half dozen or more in the oven.Also some sweet potatoes. Nothing easier. Then you have a compliant meal ready to heat up from your leftovers. Add pureed , no oil added beans on top and some salad, I'm sure you could buy some pre made bagged salad to round it out. Or a bag of chopped broccoli steamed. Very simple.
Jeff Novick's snap meals are really great too.
You might also want to watch or read The Pleasure Trap, by Doug Lisle. He explains why we are so tempted by foods that really don't help weight loss. Good luck on your journey to health, you are in the right place. dlee
dlee

Postby forgood » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Do you have a microwave? You could microwave a lot, get frozen vegetables, frozen shredded hash browns, canned beans, corn tortillas, salsa. I often use the microwave, today I had shredded hash browns, with frozen vegetables heated up. Other times, I microwave corn tortillas and beans, and add a salsa and have a bean soft taco. Just a couple of ideas.
forgood

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program