February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby sirdle » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 am

1.5 lb loss this week. :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby alishana » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:05 am

Hi all ! I'm down 1lbs this week :-D
alishana

Postby anelson108 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:26 am

Weigh-in today: 196.4
Last week: 198.4
Results: 2 pound loss
Total loss (since joining MWL): 8.2
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: I ordered Buddhist Delight from a Chinese restaurant in my city and was surprised at the amount of fat in it! I'm seeing that it is better when I prepare my own foods.
anelson108

Postby Belana » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:41 am

Hello MWL people,
Today I weigh 118.2. I've lost two pounds.
I never lose weight this fast. I hope it's not a fluke. :|
I've got 13.2 pounds left to lose.
This diet is easy for me to follow. I'm hoping I'll only have four more months of MWL to go.
When I reach my goal weight, I'll be asking how to proceed next...
I'm worried about tonight. I have a dinner party to attend. :roll:
My strategy is to eat a meal before I go. Not much else I can do.
Belana

Postby Rosey » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:33 pm

no change this week. gah.
Rosey

Postby Humberto » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Hola and Hello, last week I gained, this week no gain no loss, so I'm good with that.
Looking forward to being back in the 220's soon.

Last week: 232.20
This week: 232.20 interesting its exactly the same.

This week I cooked potato melody (sliced small potatoes with whatever veggies/herbs that are left over), west African Stew, Peanutty Tofu Lettuce cups and Sushi Ginger (first time working with Ginger, some work but really worth it, I find it to be a great snack and cubs the appetite).

All the best to all,
Humberto
Humberto

Postby Linda Dorrill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Evening all,

I was unable to monitor this site this week. DH was out of town. He brought me red roses for Valentine's Day. And, he brought yellow one's for my Dear Daughter. I've enjoyed them being in the kitchen.

Last night I had a party where I cooked dinner. The participants were vegan, vegetarian, and meat eaters. So, I made McDougall compliant (but not MWL compliant) items. I weighed yesterday and was down three for the week, but then this morning was up one. Goes to show that every bite matters.

So, down a total of 2 lbs. Currently at 171. I'll get that missing pound next week, I hope.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
Linda
Linda Dorrill

Postby amandamechele » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:13 am

Laura - Awesome! I hope you have had continued success this week. I can say absolutely yes, if you do it every time, it does get easier. It’s the going back and forth between MWL and more stimulating types of food that can keep your cravings stoked.

Moonlight - Giving your all to something and not having the success you want can be uncomfortable and disappointing sometimes, but those days and weeks and months of success make up for it. They feel amazing...exciting...inspiring... like you just drank a bottle of happiness! It just takes some time to get there. Let’s keep inspiring each other to show up and do our best and chase those blues away. XO. We’ll show them that everything, everything will be alright. ;)

Marilyn - Hey, its nice to have you back! Wow, congratulations on the wonderful January results. Yep, those 3.6 for this week are going in the tally! I have never tried sauerkraut on a potato, but that sounds delicious. We have a low sodium brand out here that is good, so thank you for the suggestion. It sounds like you have figured out how to get closer to the MWL guidelines in a comfortable and satisfying way. That is success!

Dpascar - Great loss! Enjoy the slopes. :)

Anne - You checked in every week and had a loss. Fantastic month! Soup and sequencing and snacks...oh my! LOL. These are all great habits. Are you enjoying working from home?

Sirdle - Nice!

Alishana - Great loss. Magnifique!

ANelson108 - Fantastic loss! Cooking at home ensures control over the ingredients and portions, but eating out can be a nice break from preparation too. Most places are just not able to remove all of the oil (or enough of it) to adhere to the MWL guidelines, sadly. I’m sure you’ve seen this presentation by Mary McDougall, but I’ll link it just in case you haven’t: Dining Out When You Must. Best wishes for the moving week.

Belana - Woot woot! It’s not a fluke, it’s your great effort and diligence. Follow the plan well and this is what happens. Congratulations. There is a monthly maintenance thread (that the wonderful Lindsay facilitates) that you can continue your journey with when you wish to make that shift.

Rosey - XO. You’re still here and doing this. As frustrating as it can be. You have made such good ground....keep that in mind. I totally get it. My first 5 years trying to do this were uneventful and I lost 30 pounds for that whole time based on the changes I made consistently (that may sound like I chose to make only a few changes, nope, I was trying every single day to make all the right changes, I just wasn’t having consistent success). Then I changed a few more things that I learned while learning even more and I began to have more success...60 more pounds....stalled out 1-2 years....lost 20 more.... gained back that 20....2 more years of stalling....another slight creep up.....then down.....then up..... Gah! LOL. Let’s just keep showing up until we hit our next deep grooves, to quote Dr. Lisle. We all come with our different struggles and situations, but perseverance, reflection and refinement can get us to the Hall of Fame in our own life!

Humberto - Hola! You’ll get back there. Your potato medley sound scrumptious. :)

Linda - How lovely! Red roses, yellow roses; what a dear husband he is. Good loss and lesson for the week. Every bite does matter...and so does life satisfaction. You made healthy meals and satisfied yourself and your guests. MWL or not, that was a win. Now, if you want to continue your amazing rate of loss, then you are right to sweat the small stuff like this. But, otherwise, just keep up your current effort, it’s working and you haven’t had to sacrifice enjoyment in other areas of your life to get this far.
amandamechele

Postby Jaap Amesz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:30 am

18.74 pounds / 8.5 kilo

I worked so hard to get 20. Well to bad. It will never happen, cause the only chance is the first serious week. Next week 10 pounds is fine. See the pictures of me at the scale here in my journal: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=59260&p=597616#p597616
Jaap Amesz

Postby taz432 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 am

Lost 1.8 my second week, and it's still not difficult yet. I'm never letting myself get hungry because that's when I start to crave sweets. It is a little different walking through the grocery store. I really notice all the cookie, candy, baked good displays like never before and feel like I'm missing out but not really craving them. The food I'm eating tastes really good, and fruit has never tasted better.

Taz
lost 1.8
BMI 26
taz432

Postby Lorna1954a » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:05 pm

I ‘be been AWOL most of this month. I have been taking care of my mom and the days and weeks have all run together. I’m still following the plan and I have lost 10 lbs. since starting January 1st. As for this week I have lost 2 lbs. which puts my weight at 248. My goal is 132 or less. I am 5’ 4” and 64 years old. I just found out 2 weeks ago that I have arteriosclerosis. At first it scared me, especially since my mom just had those strokes. But listening to interviews and webinars from Dr. Esselstyn, I realize that nearly everyone in the USA , young and old has some form of heart disease and don’t know it. Start now and make a difference in your life.

Lorna
Last edited by Lorna1954a on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorna1954a

Postby squealcat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Sauerkraut on potatoes !! Yes, you should try it ! I buy the kind with caraway seeds in it. Learned it from a fellow MWL friend.

I read a bit of Dr McDougall's MWL book yesterday and a paragraph or two struck me. Eating frequently was suggested instead of hours between meals..... I have found (and others know this too ) that getting too hungry is disaster for me. I then start eating and can't seem to stop. Well, the MWL book says to eat more meals in your day and I think that may help me combat those munchies that I get some times. THis weekend is my experiment. Today for lunch I had a large salad (like I do most days) and usually I have potatoes or soup besides that but today I just had the salad (it did have garbanzo beans on it ) and waited 20 minutes to see if I was still hungry....and I forgot I was waiting and went about my day. I still feel full but when I feel the twinge of hunger, the plan is to eat some kind of vegetable and potatoes or rice....a smaller amount than usual so I will be hungry later on for dinner. Will see what happens. Maybe I will just have an early dinner and then something later as a bedtime snack. I don't know. Will just see.

-Marilyn (squealcat)
squealcat

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi everyone! You all are really getting into a groove and finding what works for you. As has been said many times before, time and adherence is the key to success. Don’t lose heart if you have a weigh in that isn’t what you wanted, just keep moving forward. While this group is called Maximum Weight Loss, it’s really about regaining health. Let’s nourish our bodies, move a bit, and get some fresh air. Creating these healthy habits will make healthy eating second nature, and a healthy weight will happen naturally. Go team go!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby moonlight » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Wow, this is a busy group!! Way to go!

Sadly, I have gained a couple of pounds.... (173) Poor choices the last couple of days. Most of gain is due to sodium, I think.

Happy McDougalling!!
moonlight

Postby Idgie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I know it sounds like my dog ate my homework, but my scale broke and I'm waiting on the new one. For a while, my brain was all "Well, then, I can go off-plan until the new scale comes." See how dumb my brain can be?

I'm going to the store for more sweet potatoes today. The new scale will not be the boss of me. :-)
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program