February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Welcome to the February Weigh-In Thread for Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Program.

For the program details visit the MWL Guidelines thread in this forum. Please check out as many of the links as you have time for, there is so much here to discover!
A couple of other great resources, for those just starting out, are from Jeff Novick the staff dietician for the program: The Ultimate Guide to Free Calorie Density (MWL) Resources and his 1 hour video explanation on Calorie Density: How to Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer.

Hi All!

Welcome, welcome... to the shortest thread of the year! We’ve got 28 days together to get some good momentum going.

In my last post I promised some inspiration in the form of before and after photos for this thread. As luck would have it the McDougall's released a new Star McDougaller success story this week. I received it in my email, and some of you may have as well.
While looking up the details on the website, I discovered 2 more.

Shelly got started in the winter of 2016 and has lost over 100 pounds!

Kiki got started in May of 2018, and looks 10 years younger already....
ImageImage

If you take the time to understand and follow the guidelines well...these results are typical!! (LOL, I’m just riffing on diet ads here... everyone’s pace of weight loss will vary, but there are no gimmicks)

I hope everyone who reads this decides to join in for the month. It’s just 28 days.... we can do 28 days, right?

So please weigh-in right now! It’s the 1st and a Friday, so it’s Welcome Weigh-In day! Best wishes everyone.

Amy :)

PS. I said I would link this so that you have a face to put with my posts: Here is my inspirational before/after post from last year. I know people like the happily ever after of a finished goal (I’m one of those people), but with my story, I offer an alternative, that of a perpetually unfinished project.... but in a good way....think Cezanne, not Sisyphus. Sometimes great work takes time to perfect!

Here are the standard monthly instructions for participating in this thread:

Our weigh in's are on Fridays and you have until 12 PM PST on Saturday to report.

This weekly weigh in group is for those wanting to follow the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) program or Mary's Mini's. There is a sticky at the top of this forum on the guidelines for the MWL program..

In order to tally the results please submit your results by posting the total pounds you have lost or gained that week. You don't have to share your total weight if you'd rather keep that to yourself. This is an honor system so we take the gain, loss or maintain you give us in order to tally. (Please make a new post each week)

If you are a new member and would like to join but don't have a weight to be counted for the week then you will be counted either as a body with a zero starting weight, or when you check in for the weekly weigh in the following week. Large amounts of weight lost over a period of months or weeks, prior to joining the weekly weigh in group, will not be counted towards the weekly total.

If you measure your weight in something other than pounds please convert the measurement to pounds.

All gains will be counted towards the total to encourage weekly participation. Posting is encouraged whether it's a gain, a loss, or a maintain.

You are welcome to share as little or as much as you want on your weight loss journey here in this thread. We encourage members of the group to talk to each other, cheer each other on and set goals together.

This thread is for the mutual support of all who wish to participate.
Last edited by amandamechele on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Re: February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 pm

I’m just moving Lorna’s weigh-in here. I didn’t have the post up yet when she wanted to weigh in.

Lorna1954a wrote:I gained 2 lbs this week. It’s hard to know what is water and what is fat when I carry a lot of water weight. In December I got the flu and lost 14 lbs in a couple of days and then gained it all back within 3 days of getting well again. I won’t give up. I am in for life, literally

Lorna - Awesome attitude! Just keep working on it.
amandamechele

Postby Michele613 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:16 am

Down 1.4 lbs

Have a good weigh in everyone and a great weekend and successful week ahead. Hunker down and stay warm and healthy too...temps are shockingly lowwwwwwwwwwwww.

[/url]
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wi4UbeR/]
Michele613

Postby anelson108 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:26 am

Weigh-in today: 199.4
Last week: 203.2
Results: 3.8 pounds loss
Total loss (since joining MWL): 5.2 pounds
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: Last week, I gained weight because I ate too much fat. This week I REALLY adhered to the plan. I see that if I follow the MWL program, then I WILL lose the weight.
anelson108

Postby cena » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:07 am

Down 2 pounds

I didn't get to post last week, but lost/gained 0. This week I'm back and lost 2. I've been eating alot of volume. But the weight is still moving down so I'm thrilled. From 210 to 208!
cena

Postby Dpascar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:41 am

Down 1.5 more pounds this week
Dpascar

Postby alishana » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:18 pm

AmandaMechele Thank you for your kinds words. Especially today because I did 80% on plan. I hope keeping a good attitude !

I'm down 1,8 this week ! Exited for February with you all.
alishana

Postby GlennR » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 pm

Okay, I'll try again. Zero pounds up or down this first week. I suppose that means I have nothing to report. :D
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Rosey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Last week 267.8 lbs this week 268.8 lbs for a 1 lb gain. I sure am bouncing around don't know what's going on with my body was up 13 lbs with swelling between Friday and Friday so at least that wasn't a report day.
Rosey

Postby laurag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm

holding on at 157 so still a little down from the unmovable 160... weight loss 0 this week but that is ok
Hi everybody thank u for kind words and the encouragement
laurag

Postby Dark Blonde » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Starting: 303
Last Week: 295
Today: 296.5
Weekly loss: gained 1.5
Total loss: 6.5

I was so good on the road, and got home and got stupid. I have to cut out the late night snacking, cut back on salt, add more raw veggies to the starch, and get out in the cold and start walking.

Its difficult to report a gain, but here I am. Looking forward to my next weigh-in.
Dark Blonde

Postby landog » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm back for another round! February is my annual 'unprocessed' month (okay, okay, minimally processed).
I make sure that I stick to "whole foods!"

For example, today I ate:
Breakfast - Spinach and Steel Cut Oats
mid morning snack - a reheated baked potato
Lunch - Leftover Mexican Rice casserole.
afternoon - an Evercrisp apple and a Sumo mandarin
Dinner - Fries and cauliflower

Last February, I joined this group because I had been feeling out of shape. I had been lax on my adherence and I thought that I would renew my commitment to this WOE by joining this group. Last February, I weighed in at 167 lbs. Today, I weigh 146 lbs.

amandamechele wrote:If you take the time to understand and follow the guidelines well...these results are typical!!

That's right, Amy!

I've been at this for 10 years, and this past year was my most successful as far as adherence is concerned. I've finally got this down.

But, I'm the opposite of a Star McDougaller. It took a major health issue to scare me straight. I urge anyone who is here, who has this knowledge on how to avoid chronic disease but is doing this less than 100% - just give it your all for a month.

..and then two.
..and then three.
..and then it becomes a habit.

The alternative... can be scary, or worse.
landog

Postby Humberto » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Feb start weight is 229.80.

Hola and Hello, gained 1.40 lbs this week.
But still in the 220's, weight today is 229.80.
Last Friday was at 228.40.
Now to work on having more fun with this and making my way to the 210's. That is going to feel so good.

All the best to all,
Humberto
"May Kindness be our Walk"

PS:
Don Miguel Ruiz
The biggest lie is that there is something within us to fear.

Abraham / Hicks
You might say, “How do I know if I’m in a receiving mode or not?” And we say, you always feel good when you’re in a receiving mode. When someone offers you a compliment, do you receive it, or do you sort of just shrug it off? There’s something about believing that you must justify your existence through your effort or through your perseverance, through your struggle. And many of you just have not practiced the receiving mode.
Humberto

Postby amandamechele » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:38 am

Reposting from other thread: :)

Ellen N wrote:I have lost 1# this week (weight 164#) and I am satisfied with it since I had a special dinner out with my husband (vegan stir fry but had a bit of oil despite my asking not to, also had some tofu just because I love it) and also attended a big 85 year birthday bash at a local winery for his aunt. Yes, I did have a glass of wine and a few nibbles of things I shouldn’t have! However, I stuck to the plan pretty well otherwise. I think no longer eating walnuts and dried fruit on my oatmeal has halved my breakfast calorie intake and avoiding bread and oil has a big impact as well. Now I need to start planning for a weekend retreat I will attend this month and get motivated to control my fat intake. They provide a vegan choice but not MWL friendly. Perhaps I should bring a bunch of baked potatoes with me to sneak in!
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:38 am

Reposting from other thread:

Kerrilyn2 wrote:Down .6
amandamechele

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program