February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby landog » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:41 am

amandamechele wrote:
Landog - Thank you very much for joining us again for your Unprocessed February. You continue to show us what is possible with great adherence. This month you went from 146 to 141. 5 pounds in 1 month for someone not overweight. Look at what is possible everyone! I’m still amazed that last year, at the beginning of February you weighed 167. I don’t consistently read the other forums, but have you considered writing up your account of the past year and a bit for the Testimonials and Success Stories board? I think many people would be very inspired to see your journey all in one place.

Landog,

I just went to the Lounge...LOL...and it looks like you have done just this. I’m going to go and read it now. :)

Amy

(Edited to add: This is a story all of everyone will want to read: 10 Years “McDougalling” - heart bypass surgery. It may have you considering stepping up your MWL compliance a couple of notches.)

Hi Amy,

As you have seen, mine is not a success story. I hope I can serve as a bad example!
I've been able to go from overweight to a normal BMI by sticking to an MWL plan. You can, too - the plan works.

Serious health issues are great motivation. If you can find that motivation without almost dying, you'd be much better off!

Thanks for your support!
-dog
landog

Postby amandamechele » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 pm

landog wrote:Hi Amy,

As you have seen, mine is not a success story. I hope I can serve as a bad example!
I've been able to go from overweight to a normal BMI by sticking to an MWL plan. You can, too - the plan works.

Serious health issues are great motivation. If you can find that motivation without almost dying, you'd be much better off!

Thanks for your support!
-dog

Landog,

I consider your story a success story. The outcome could have been very different, such as this occurring much earlier in life or worse. I’m so glad that you are alright and want to thank you for sharing what happened with everyone. It could help many people see how important very close adherence is. I am attempting to figure out how to alter my C/B before it comes to that. Believe me, I hear you.

Amy :)
amandamechele

Postby landog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm

amandamechele wrote: I am attempting to figure out how to alter my C/B ...

Amy :)

C/B ?
landog

Postby amandamechele » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:34 am

Landog,
I think I’ve been listening to too many podcasts with Dr. Lisle... LOL. C/B means cost/benefit ratio.
For what ever reason my mind still finds the costs of going strictly MWL too great compared to the benefits.
My health has improved and my family is happy with the way I look, and I’m thinking this is possibly limiting my motivation somewhat. I think I’m motivated, but then I can be drawn off track by the high calorie dense foods in my house (which are pretty much healthy choices, but they’re keeping my excess weight on); this part is strictly pleasure trap in nature.
So, not quite the right sort of motivation and a somewhat tempting environment appear to be my current pitfalls. Add to that a disposition that will ask for some accomodations of my friends and family but not ones that I feel are unreasonable or unfair or selfish - if that makes sense. I am experimenting with work-arounds on a regular basis, but the trial and error method of problem solving just takes time. Hopefully I have enough of it to figure it out.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:22 am

Hi All,

Here is the link to the new March Weigh In thread. Hope to see you there!
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program