Headache and MWL

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Headache and MWL

Postby Plants4Life » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 am

Hello,
what can i do to avoid headache/ lightheadedness on the Maximum Weight Loss Diet? Im avoiding overt fats because of acne. Sicne I cut them out I experience headache/ lightheadedness. I reintroduced flaxseed a few times to see If It makes a difference and everytime my headache went away after having them for a few days. Unfortunately my skin got worse from the flaxseed. Cronometer says I get all nutrients without flax and omega 3 schould be fine with 1.7 g daily. I drink around 3 liters a day and don't overdo it with the salt. What can I do to fix this problem?

Daily I eat:

oats, banana, blueberries

millet, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, beans

brown rice, peas, kale

Macros: 80 10 10 Carbs: 690g Fat: 40g. Protein 120g 3500kcals (I eat so much because I tend to lose too much weight without overt fats)
Plants4Life

Re: Headache and MWL

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:44 am

Plants4Life wrote:3500kcals (I eat so much because I tend to lose too much weight without overt fats)

Perhaps it's time for a medical workup. If you're eating that many calories and still get headaches and lightheaded and losing weight, maybe there's something going on besides just changing your diet around.
VeggieSue

Postby JeffN » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 am

You may want to take the time to respond to the other responses you've already received in your other post

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59113&p=595121#p595121

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Plants4Life » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 am

VeggieSue wrote:
Plants4Life wrote:3500kcals (I eat so much because I tend to lose too much weight without overt fats)

Perhaps it's time for a medical workup. If you're eating that many calories and still get headaches and lightheaded and losing weight, maybe there's something going on besides just changing your diet around.

Started losing weight after ditching overt fats. Before, I weight 66kg, then I dropped to 60kg and now I managed to be at 62kg. This happend in 2 months, so I lost weight very rapid. Interestingly for me it doesn't really matter how many calories I eat, It just depends on overt fats. Before going on the MWL I ate maybe 2300 kcal now I eat over 3000 and having a hard time to gain any weight back. And I don't have any headaches and lightheadedness when eating flax. After to weeks of consuming 20g a day I stopped it and the next morning I woke up with these symptoms. Maybe its someting psychological or placebo because, its a bit funny that it happends so fast.
Plants4Life

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program