Mary's mini with corn?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary's mini with corn?

Postby KatherineUK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi all,

Can I ask if you do MM with corn can you use polenta and the flour used to make arepas?

Thanks
Katherine
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Re: Mary's mini with corn?

Postby KatherineUK » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 am

I suspect that polenta may be ok but the flour used to make corn cakes perhaps not so as it's more processed
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

KatherineUK

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 am

From the first newsletter article about the Mary's Mini:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

corn *is* listed as one of the starches you can use for the mini. Examples for daily meals include tortillas for breakfast, polenta for lunch, and pureed for dinner.
VeggieSue

Postby KatherineUK » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:51 am

VeggieSue wrote:From the first newsletter article about the Mary's Mini:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

corn *is* listed as one of the starches you can use for the mini. Examples for daily meals include tortillas for breakfast, polenta for lunch, and pureed for dinner.

Thanks very much Sue! I believe the instructions have changed a bit since they started it as fruit isn't included. This might work better for me with corn. I am on day 3 with potatoes and doing OK so far from a food point of view though I suspect it will be some time before I eat a baked potato when I get to the end! Work is going to be much more challenging too!

xx

KatherineUK

Postby Rosey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:55 pm

I would get tired of baked ones myself. I do a potato soup with carrots onion, garlic and cayenne that would probably work that's all that's in it other then water.
Rosey

Postby frozenveg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Katherine,

Just one more note about potatoes (although you can do just fine with corn!). You may want to try different potato varieties. There are some that taste so wonderful, and some are just so-so, to me. It's a very personal choice. Frankly, I have found that different companies' frozen corn kernels taste vastly different to me, too. I moved a couple of years ago, and have had to try several different brands of frozen corn to get to the taste I always loved in my former town.

Good luck on your mini!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby KatherineUK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 am

frozenveg wrote:Hi Katherine,

Just one more note about potatoes (although you can do just fine with corn!). You may want to try different potato varieties. There are some that taste so wonderful, and some are just so-so, to me. It's a very personal choice. Frankly, I have found that different companies' frozen corn kernels taste vastly different to me, too. I moved a couple of years ago, and have had to try several different brands of frozen corn to get to the taste I always loved in my former town.

Good luck on your mini!

thank you - it was amazing :-)

KatherineUK

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program