Warm Weather Resorts & Plant Base Food

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Warm Weather Resorts & Plant Base Food

Postby Belana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 pm

I know this is a long-shot question…
Are there any warm weather resorts that offer McDougall food selections or plant-base menus?
Belana

Re: Warm Weather Resorts & Plant Base Food

Postby Rivergal » Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am

re: warm weather resort with access to McDougall Food plan I've been looking as well - short of renting a place with a kitchen, I have yet to come up with anything. There is the Holistic Holiday at Sea Cruise which is Vegan,but I believe it is possible to get oil free food on it an there is the Balance for Life program in Florida which has a program where you can just eat food rather than fasting - both are worth looking into

Would like to know if anyone has any experience with either of these or has any other suggestions
Rivergal

Postby chrisv » Sun May 26, 2019 5:30 pm

There is a Pritikin resort in Miami, I think they serve fish, but it would probably be easy to do McD there. It is a whole program, I was looking at it just because going somewhere warm and not cooking for a week sounds relaxing. I have used airbnb or vbro to rent places with a full kitchen, and then look up shopping options ahead of time.
chrisv

Postby Rivergal » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 pm

I just found out about the Balance for Life Retreat in Florida run by Dr Frank Sabatino -- they do fasting, but they also have a plan where you can just eat plant based foods - it is held in a hotel right on the ocean. I'm going to look into it further and consider a trip there -- I think if I wanted to fast, I'd go to True North, but this place looks like a good vacation beach resort option
Rivergal

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program