Weight loss

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weight loss

Postby Lyo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi Recently bought the Starch Solution and saw a lot of John's videos on YouTube he's a pretty amazing person .
I have lost 14 lbs but seemed to have stopped .
I know john talks about not counting calories but l thought l would keep a journal this past week and found lm probably only reachinv 1000 calories a day .lm 5ft 8in and weigh 101 kilos .
I swim every day 30 lengths of a 25mt pool .
I am not on any medication and feeling very well since I started plant base eating although I have been vegetarian for the pass 12months l wasn't dairy free .
My husband has 4 grade cancer and he now is doing the Plant base diet and already feeling a well being feeling his bloods results have improved ie cholesterol red and white cells even his kidney function.
He only has the one kidney now after nephrectomy due to the primary site being in one ..
My question is am l doing something wrong calorie wise .just like to know anyone else having problems.
Lyo
Lyo

Re: Weight loss

Postby DanTheYogi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi Lyo,

Welcome to the forums.

Do you think you could post your food journal for us? Your numbers don't add up - there is no way your weight loss would have stalled if you are only eating 1000 calories a day (which is low for pretty much any size human). So either some food is sneaking into your diet without you realizing it, or your scale is broken. :)

Don't forget to log ALL foods - oil, sauces, condiments, etc. These are the things people typically miss.
DanTheYogi

Postby Rosey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 am

Your not eating enough I believe. Every time I eat the amount of calories you said I stall out on my weight loss. We don't need to count unless we aren't eating enough.
Rosey

Postby DanTheYogi » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am

Rosey wrote:Your not eating enough I believe. Every time I eat the amount of calories you said I stall out on my weight loss. We don't need to count unless we aren't eating enough.

This is not possible, as it would mean you are breaking the laws of thermodynamics. Nobody has ever consumed fewer calories in a lab setting and had their weight loss stall. If you are eating less calories than you are expending, you will lose weight. If you think you are eating less and aren't losing weight, well, you simply aren't eating as little as you think you are. :)

I would recommend you and OP review the threads Jeff listed here in regards to set points/starvation mode, etc:

EDIT: Instead of a post with a bunch of links, I'll link to a specific post by Jeff that covers this topic well.

viewtopic.php?t=11464#p92622
Last edited by DanTheYogi on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanTheYogi

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 am

Someone had this issue recently with Cronometer and was inputting the cooked measurement for rice/beans/pasta when they were measuring food uncooked. I’ve made this mistake before as well.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program