January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Here is the link for the February Weigh-in group!

I hope to see you all there tomorrow and Saturday.

Lorna - I’ll quote your post and put it in the February group. Don’t sweat it. You are going through a lot right now. Take it one day at a time, and make all of the good choices that you can to try and hold your ground on your losses thus far, until you have the time and the focus to get back to bigger efforts. I’m so happy that you chose to still weigh in. XO

Michele - I hope you’re feeling all better now.

Alishana - Be absolutely proud. :) But don’t worry too much if the rest of the week isn’t entirely 100%.Thats a lot to live up to and i want you to feel good about even 80% efforts. But...this is totally not to dissuade you from 100% efforts, just trying to avoid Dr. Lisle’s whole Ego Trap thing. See you tomorrrow!
amandamechele

Postby Ellen N » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:47 pm

I have lost 1# this week (weight 164#) and I am satisfied with it since I had a special dinner out with my husband (vegan stir fry but had a bit of oil despite my asking not to, also had some tofu just because I love it) and also attended a big 85 year birthday bash at a local winery for his aunt. Yes, I did have a glass of wine and a few nibbles of things I shouldn’t have! However, I stuck to the plan pretty well otherwise. I think no longer eating walnuts and dried fruit on my oatmeal has halved my breakfast calorie intake and avoiding bread and oil has a big impact as well. Now I need to start planning for a weekend retreat I will attend this month and get motivated to control my fat intake. They provide a vegan choice but not MWL friendly. Perhaps I should bring a bunch of baked potatoes with me to sneak in!
Ellen N

Postby Kerrilyn2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Down .6
Kerrilyn2

Postby Humberto » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Hola and Hello, gained 1.40 lbs this week.
But still in the 220's, weight today is 229.80.
Last Friday was at 228.40.
Now to work on having more fun with this and making my way to the 210's. That is going to feel so good.

All the best to all,
Humberto
"May Kindness be our Walk"

PS:
Don Miguel Ruiz
The biggest lie is that there is something within us to fear.

Abraham / Hicks
You might say, “How do I know if I’m in a receiving mode or not?” And we say, you always feel good when you’re in a receiving mode. When someone offers you a compliment, do you receive it, or do you sort of just shrug it off? There’s something about believing that you must justify your existence through your effort or through your perseverance, through your struggle. And many of you just have not practiced the receiving mode.
Humberto

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi friends! Time has FLOWN BY and it’s already February! Be sure to check in the new thread Any posted to make sure you get counted: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59233#p596381
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Linda Dorrill » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Down 1 lb. this week.
Linda
Linda Dorrill

Postby amandamechele » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:42 am

Lyndzie wrote:Hi friends! Time has FLOWN BY and it’s already February! Be sure to check in the new thread Any posted to make sure you get counted: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59233#p596381

Thank you Lindsey. January really did fly by. Crazy! I hope things are well with you. :)
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 am

Hi Linda, Kerrilyn, and Ellen,

Thank you so much for checking in! I’ve reposted your comments in the February Weigh-In Thread.

Join us there for more fun conversation and more weight loss!

XO
amandamechele

Postby Frymom » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:09 am

I was sick and in bed all week, but still had a loss of 1.8 lbs this week for a total of 13.2 since January 4th.

I’m looking forward to getting out and moving again, walking, and leading a more active lifestyle. Being in bed is the worst for me. I often think about being in bed and how much I dislike it, and compare that to losing the weight, avoiding major diseases, and having a good quality of life into my old age - THAT is THE BEST REASON for losing weight and eating WFPB.

BTW, I haven’t got a single email all week from this thread (not in my spam either). Not sure why the emails stopped coming, especially since all the weigh-ins should have come in. I’m just grateful I figured out how to get back to this site so I could report.
If anyone has any thoughts on why all of a sudden the emails stopped, please do share. :)
Frymom

Postby Michele613 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:15 am

Hi there....guess you know by now that we are posting in FEBRUARY MWL thread. Look there :D
Michele613

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program