December 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: December 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Moonlight - XO. I know how you feel, really I do. I admire that you continue to check in, no matter what. Weigh or don't weigh, you can figure out what feels best for the time being. I hope this week is going a bit better, your plan is a good one; just get back to the basics.

Dea - In addition to the appropriate care, eating this way is the best thing we can do for ourselves, no matter what the issue. It never... ever...ceases it amaze me that all roads to getting healthier seem to lead here, to the McDougall plan. Congratulations on the loss!

Becca - Nice! Have a lovely and relaxing school break; are you celebrating solstice this week? I'm not familiar with the particulars of when this holiday is. Enjoy the family time... and congratulations on reaching a new low. Here's to more of those!

ForestGoddess - Good loss. What kind of things throw you off on the weekend? Wanna chat about it? (I don't want to put you on the spot or anything, so no need to respond if you don't want to, but I'm happy listen and I'm sure others here are too.) We can be in this together if you choose it! :)

Amy D - Woo hoo! I'm with you on that.

Lindsey - Best try ever! My family loves your attempt...reminded us of the Food Fail...Nailed It! memes. (I don't think I could even get the scaffold to stand, much less add any grapes). You rock!

amandamechele

Postby moonlight » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 am

amandamechele wrote:Moonlight - XO. I know how you feel, really I do. I admire that you continue to check in, no matter what. Weigh or don't weigh, you can figure out what feels best for the time being. I hope this week is going a bit better, your plan is a good one; just get back to the basics.

Thank you, Amy! I wondered if it would be okay to check in on a thread titled Weigh-In. :lol: My attitude about my diet has improved significantly since last week, thank goodness! I'm back on track with my daily eating plan. I'm eating WW oat cereal and soymilk, though. Not on MWL plan but better than the alternatives of last week. Hopefully, I'll be able to wean myself off that for an evening snack real soon. My plan is to start weighing again in January. I will weigh the week before the first monthly weigh-in for January so I can start anew. Thank you for your support. :D
moonlight

Postby Svenja » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello ... just a quick 'hello' :)

I will be at a training course Friday to Sunday ... so I'll check in early :)

I am quite happy with how things are going.
Before my fast (not part of the MWL Program) I had gained some weight ... experimenting with re-introducing some foods ...

I am now 12 lbs less than before the fast ... BUT ... "only" 5 lbs less than my last check in a few weeks back ...

My cloth fit well and I am aiming at not gaining weight during Christmas :)

New goals next year !!! ... aiming for a healthy weight! It's gonna be so freaking awesome !!! :D

Have a fantastic time everyone!
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby Starchyme » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:05 am

I'm excited! I hit my goal weight. I will move on to the regular McDougall program as my WOEFL. Many thanks to everyone who inspired and supported me on my long journey Happy McDougalling! By the way, is there an accountability thread like this for people following the regular program?
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby moonlight » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:42 am

Congrats to Svenjia and Starchyme!! And, congrats to everyone checking in today! Cheers to becoming healthier! I hope you all have a great week.

I’m feeling better about McDougalling this week. I have stayed compliant all week. I’m not going to weigh until January!
moonlight

Postby Starchyme » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:04 am

Morning, Moonlight. Many thanks for your congrats. You are so right. I'm healhier and more energetic at 81 than I was at even 41.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 am

Congrats Starchyme! What a wonderful gift to yourself for the holidays. You might like this thread: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=58031

I am down -.2. The holiday candy started a downward spiral. Not totally off the rails, but not compliant enough. Leaving today to go up to Chicago for a girls weekend to go wedding dress shopping for my sister. Everyone is a “normal” eater, so we’ll see what happens. I am extremely sleep deprived at the moment, and therefore lacking my #1 defense against poor decision making. Wish me luck, and best to everyone else!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Starchyme » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:28 am

Thank you, Lyndize. I appreciate your words. You can do it also! Wishing you an easy time of getting back in the loop and enjoying your accomplishment, as well as the occasion. You can do it! We are here to support you.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby anne57 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:58 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Starchyme » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am

Congratulations. You can do it! We are here to support you any way we can.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby anne57 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Arewethereyet » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 am

Oh, all the fun I've missed this week by not reading the board: fruit tree fails, too many treats, etc!

Down 1.8 this week. I think I'm finding a groove. It's been a soup and salad kind of week.
Last edited by Arewethereyet on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arewethereyet

Postby Suey51 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:59 am

Hello everyone!

Congrats to Starchyme, Svenja, Moonlight, Lindsey, Arewethereyet, Anne57 and everyone checking in this week for keeping on keeping on! Love the fruit tree fail pics. They made me chuckle and saved me trying to have a go :wink:

Starchyme - I was about to write - 'if you do find such a thread, please share it as I'd love to join in!' and then I saw that Lindsey had shared the thread I created earlier this year LOL! Many many congrats on your achievement and it would be lovely to share the weight maintenance journey with you :D (And thanks Lindsey for sharing that thread!)

Moonlight - well done on a compliant week :D

Good luck Lindsey! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Welcome back Anne57 !

Best wishes, Sue xx
Suey51

Postby starbright831 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh no! I’m up a pound.
Dea
starbright831

Postby Rosey » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm

No Loss no gain.
Rosey