November 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: November 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Yomom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:56 pm

I am still holding at 148#. No loss but more importantly, no gain.
Kathy
Yomom

Postby amandamechele » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi All!

Woo hoo! That was one long month. Thank you to everyone weighing-in, checking-in and following along. I hope all of you feel just a bit better and have had, either, some success with losing a bit of weight and/or learning what it's going to take to keep you working towards your goals. Moonlight said it well:

Moonlight wrote:This being conscious of our eating and exercise, making an effort to stay healthy, is a way of life. There’s no finish line to cross.

It is all about the effort.

Dr. Lisle's BYG podcast this week was a really good one if you are struggling with feeling unsuccessful.

I also found a fabulous inspirational story that I thought some of you may like: Joyce Rainwater is a Star MDougaller who lost 100+ pounds.
ImageImage
Joyce wrote:To help maintain my weight loss, I devised six tools to stay motivated. I call them the “Six Kicks”. They are “velvet hammers” that “check” me in the choices I make along that fine line between controlling weight and letting it control me. We each need standards high enough to get results, but we don’t want to adhere to them so rigidly that we become fanatical, obsessed, or humorless.
The Six Kicks are firm but flexible governors of behavior that can help us be vigilant without becoming victims of the diet trap. They bring us into a state of psychological readiness to overcome daily challenges to our resolve. For example, Kick 1 is “Own Your Weight Fate,” meaning take responsibility for the choices you make. It’s the first step in rescuing yourself. Followers of Six Kicks stay mindful of:

their surroundings (an environment which doesn’t support weight loss because it bombards us with messages to eat while pressuring us to be thin),

the problem (the Standard American Diet and a sedentary lifestyle),

the solution (lifestyle changes that we can maintain day after day, not dieting),

themselves (we must be different than the average American, 67% of whom are overweight or obese), and

their goals (to focus less on food and eating and more on health and well being).

To anyone struggling to lose weight and keep it off, I can tell you there is a way to lose weight permanently. It takes no special talent or intelligence. Once you have the facts, such as those presented in The McDougall Plan... ... you can formulate a set of strategies and techniques that work for you, transforming yourself into a healthy and energetic person. If I escaped the prison of food obsession and obesity, you can too!

Sound familiar?

Thanks again for spending November with me! I hope all of you will join in on the December Weigh-In Thread and keep your momentum going.

Amy XO

PS. I've decided to do a quick tune-up in Santa Rosa this coming March (2019). I'm going to the McDougall 3-Day Intensive Program. I've even convinced 2 of my kids to join me, and now I'm onto trying to convince everyone else I know who is even the slightlest bit interested to come too. Wanna come? I need people to sit with...LOL.

PPS. Canadian McDougallers - Stock up on your spuds, prices could go up this winter. Potato Shortage Looms Due to Harvest from Hell After Unsustainable Weather. :eek:

Here are the results for the fifth week in November:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, December 7th, 2018

Total group loss reported in 2018: 506.08 pounds

November 2018 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2018: 54.7 pounds
Total group loss in February 2018: 49.3 pounds
Total group loss in March 2018: 52.5 pounds
Total group loss in April 2018: 26.9 pounds
Total group loss in May 2018: 50.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2018: 54.3 pounds
Total group loss in July 2018: 50.3 pounds
Total group loss in August 2018: 73.85 pounds
Total group loss in September 2018: 44.06 pounds
Total group loss in October 2018: 30.9 pounds
Total group loss in November 2018: 18.47 pounds

Week ending 11/30/2018: 10 participants reported a total loss of 1.9 pounds
---------------------------------------
Starbright831 - 0.1
Moonlight - 3.0
Moonspirit - 1.1
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 4.2
--------------------------------------
Arewethereyet - 2.4
Idgie - 2.8
Lyndzie - 0.2
Svenja - 0.0 (Hiatus)
Mark Cooper - 0.0 (Hiatus)
Yomom - 0.0
Amandamechele - 0.7
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 6.1
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in November 2018: 18.47 pounds
Week ending 11/30/2018: 10 participants reported a total loss of 1.9 pounds
Week ending 11/23/2018: 8 participants reported a total loss of -1.3 pounds
Week ending 11/16/2018: 11 participants reported a total loss of 12.08 pounds
Week ending 11/09/2018: 13 participants reported a total loss of 1.06 pounds
Week ending 11/02/2018: 15 participants reported a total loss of 4.73 pounds
amandamechele

Postby Rosey » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Sorry I didn't report Friday I was not feeling well at all. I was and am extremely swollen and wasn't even feeling like moving at all from Thursday till Saturday. I weighed this morning and was up 9 lbs. from last report.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Rosey, I hope you feel better real soon. be kind to yourself. :)
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 am

moonlight wrote:Rosey, I hope you feel better real soon. be kind to yourself. :)

I am. Just wish I could get my body to behave. My husband thinks it's because we are painting in the house and I'm allergic to paint. Each bought of swollen and being bed ridden for a few days has happened right after we were painting something. I didn't realize it till hubby mentioned it. He could be right or it could just be quincadence guess I'll find out soon since we have plans to do more painting.
Rosey

Postby amandamechele » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 am

Dea - I hope this week has gone well, a 0.1 gain is a tiny blip and walking will definitely help make you feel great.

Moonlight - If you ever do make that celery-fennel soup, please let me know how it tastes. I kind of want to try it, but not quite enough to go to the effort without a good review first...LOL. How has this week gone so far? You mentioned another dinner out.

Becca - I hope this week has settled down for you in order to get back to good food prep and thus a feeling of control. I just chopped every veggie and fruit in my fridge while listening to podcasts this evening, after putting my youngest to bed. Did everything work out for your daughter?

Kathy - Three cheers for no gain! Best wishes this week.

Rosey - I now see the message you were referring to in the December thread. Sorry, I got behind in my replies this week. Sounds like a rough week but I hope your home is looking beautiful and fresh with that new coat of paint. Maybe avoid painting if you can?? It doesn't seem to agree with you....LOL... I'd totally be using that as a reason to not have to paint. Please be well and I hope your are able to shed some of that extra water weight this week to give your leg some relief.
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program