Had to take on MWL plan...ramblings

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Had to take on MWL plan...ramblings

Postby lucidguppy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

I need to get back onto the McDougall plan. While I was still vegan, I was eating too many nuts and bread and I've gained a lot of weight back. I can also eat a lot of pasta. For me the oils and breads and flours seem to be as bad for me as meat. I really need to make 1/3 of my plate vegetables because I can eat so much. Also the MWL plan tells me to have a snack (FF humus and black bean dip have been good so far - with raw veggies) - that good food will push out the bad (which is available at work).

I'm really liking the phone app cookbook - it's much easier than the paper cook books for me. Today is the first full day back on plan - wish me luck. Also I'm feeling my metabolism kick on - my hands feel warmer now.

This post is just me to talk about it and how I'm doing and to get my brain to buy into the plan again.
lucidguppy

Re: Had to take on MWL plan...ramblings

Postby Idgie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Sounds like you already know what you need to do. We've got your back! You can do this.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Re: Had to take on MWL plan...ramblings

Postby Arewethereyet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:04 am

Sending you support on this new start!
Arewethereyet

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program