October 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: October 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Mark Cooper » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 am

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words, support & well wishes. It really does make such a difference in my quality of life to finally have my pain level be this mild, after about 7 months of pretty severe constant pain. I feel SO much better.
Mark Cooper

Postby choufleur » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 am

Mark, that's so great that your bone marrow results came back normal and you're feeling better!!

I just read through all the posts I missed. The positivity and helpful suggestions are really motivating. I've been sick for a couple of weeks now and although I reported a loss this week, I think it was probably a fluke due to dehydration. As I wrote in my journal, I had a bit of a pity party for myself while I was sick which was dumb. I am back on track today and will try to check in more, since I think reading about how everyone else is doing also helps.
choufleur

Postby Arewethereyet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 am

Plan to see you on Friday's in November. My new start was good, but still followed my pattern of a great 1st week or two with difficulty repeating.
Arewethereyet

Postby amandamechele » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Svenja - Thanks for checking in, I hope you enjoyed the conference. :)

Marilyn - Awesome job this past week. Congratulations on your improving A1C and your very sensible plan on slowly improving the cholesterol numbers. Did you make any more new recipes? I got a form email from Jeff Novick about veggie soup and now I'm craving it! I think I want to make a cabbage soup of some sort...maybe with a tomato based broth. My mom bought a spice called tomato powder and I love the tomato flavour it imparts in her soups without adding any thickness to the broth. I am going to have to look for it online.

Idgie - :) Gimme an M! Gimme a W! Gimme an L! What's that spell....MWL! Gooooooo Team McDougall! Hee hee! Thank you. XO.

Rosey - I am so proud of you for reporting in on an off-week. (I hope that doesn't sound condescending, it's not meant to). I say this because when someone does something that I think is very brave it has me reflect on whether I would be able to do the same thing in their shoes. This weight loss thing is my Achilles' heel. You have inspired me this week...thank you... I need to be brave and face the bad feelings associated with a week gone astray and just stand back up after yet another fall... brush myself off and keep walking. I hope you'll walk with me!

Becca - It's funny how that works, huh. I find those off-plan forays not as enjoyable as I think they're going to be as well....and not just because of the post-cheat guilt. They actually just don't taste as good as I once thought they did. Healthy food really does just taste better once you've taste-adapted to it. I also agree that social get-togethers become more and more about the people (and the break from cooking) than treating yourself with junk food. I've enjoyed reading about your values clarification!

Stacey - Enjoy your travels and Halloween! See you when you get back. Here's a pumpkin that I saw tonight while trick-or-treating with my youngest:

Choufleur - Thanks for checking in this week even though you don't feel well. You had a loss...yay!

Stephanie - How has your plan for a simple and unprocessed foods gone this week? I'm very interested in the soup you made....I mentioned up above, due to being quite susceptible to suggestion (LOL), I am craving some soup.

Lindsey - I have been hoping for that for years...LOL... I'll just have to buy the rest of Jeff's recordings to see more of him. This is the best type of fan club to be in... the celebrity is actually working towards getting us fans to be in a better place in our lives. If only this was how our culture (and our individual minds) always chose to reward status to people, for their ability to motivate positive change.

Mark - :) Glad you are feeling so much better!

Arewethereyet - I hope to see you in the new thread on Friday. Keep up the effort and eventually Week 1, will lead to week 2 and maybe even week 3. Even if you have to keep starting again, more time on plan is better than not, in the long run, whether its a bunch of Week 1s or a whole slew of weeks strung together.

I hope to see everyone back in our little group for November!
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 pm

Just one more creepy Halloween tribute to plant-based eating and human creativity. (Thank you to Shelley for sharing this!)

Happy Halloween All!
amandamechele

Postby moonlight » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am

That's great! Thanks for posting it!!
moonlight

Postby alicect » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 am

Hi all,
I am posting final weight for October - will post more later today. I am down 1.4 lbs - yay! Got lucky as I did not plan for the baby shower and ate off plan a bit. But spent the rest of the week eating on the MWL plan. On to November!

alicect

Postby alicect » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 am

Oops - I will post to November - cheers to all!
alicect

Postby Rosey » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 pm

amandamechele wrote:
Rosey - I am so proud of you for reporting in on an off-week. (I hope that doesn't sound condescending, it's not meant to). I say this because when someone does something that I think is very brave it has me reflect on whether I would be able to do the same thing in their shoes. This weight loss thing is my Achilles' heel. You have inspired me this week...thank you... I need to be brave and face the bad feelings associated with a week gone astray and just stand back up after yet another fall... brush myself off and keep walking. I hope you'll walk with me!

It definitely was not easy posting that but I do better when I make myself report no matter what the result. Today's was much more fun to post. but that's in the November folder. SMILE!!!
Rosey

Postby amandamechele » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi All....

I've been meaning to add a link to the end of this thread since I watched this wonderful interview.
Near the end, the question of is there a right amount of food to be eating? is addressed. Stacey had asked about it, I hope it's helpful.
Healthy Living Live: Dr. Doug Lisle on Ideal Weight and Anxiety Eating
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program