July 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 pm

amandamechele wrote:
Thanks Stephanie, I love a spicy chili too. Do hot Thai peppers have more heat than jalapeño? I have a very similar go-to recipe and I use chipotle peppers for s smoky heat. With regards to Jeff's factors for long-term success, you seem pretty darn good at most - if not all - of them. :)

Hi Amy! The Thai hot peppers are new to me - I bought a plant this year and am still learning!! :D They are super small and hotter than a jalapeno, but not so hot as to require gloves to cultivate!! Thank you for your kind words... :cool: I have room for improvement, but this "don't care what others think", I have covered... :)

Hope you have a great week!

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Vintagesan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Good morning from Germany. :)
I just had my scale-date because it's already Friday here...
The scale says I'm down 4.5 pounds .

Start weight: 220 lbs
Week 1: 214,5 lbs
Week 2: 211,5 lbs
Week 3: 211,5 lbs
Week 4: 207 lbs

I'd like to thank you for this weigh in thread - I really believe this helped me. To be honest: I always laughed about these WW meetings, but reporting my weight each week here prevented me from some bad food choices. :mrgreen: Of course my month wasn't perfect, but a) I finally came under 220 lbs again and b) I lost more weight on MWL than expected.

Because of my rusty English from school I was a bit afraid to take part in your discussions but I read everything here. Amy moderated the month so great and I also followed how anyone else here is doing. Actually my plan was to try out MWL for a month and then turn back to all those delicious things I am not allowed to eat on MWL, but I decided to spend only one dinner in pasta-heaven and then continue. So I hope to read from all of you in August as well? :nod:

Vintagesan

Postby Idgie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Vin, that's wonderful! Congratulations!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Chumly » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 am

I weighed myself this morning: 249.5 lbs. Down 2.5 lbs. this month.

Michael
Chumly

Postby Idgie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:50 am

309.4 today, down 2.4.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
Idgie

Postby victw » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 am

Down .2 for the week.
And .6 for the month.

Interesting head game for 3 days in a row I weighed one lb lighter than this mornings weight. I was expecting to be able to report that lb. It's no biggie.

At .2 a week I will be hanging around on this thread for a lot longer.

No other insights for the week - except some how I ended up with no fruit for today. I knew I was out of fruit on the way home last night. But I was super hungry and a stop at the grocery store would probably go awry. I knew I had good food for dinner.

I was never a regular fruit eater before - but it's been super helpful at work where there is always candy around the corner. I have my healthy breakfast/lunch. And mid morning/mid afternoon I eat my fruit. Late dessert - healthy snack.

I did have some cut up jicama - that I will have this morning instead of fruit.

Vic
Vic
11/1/19 Sloppy - 137.6/21.55
1/1/19 Still maintaining - 134.8/21.11
10/12/18 Maintenance wt - 136.4 BMI 21.36
5/6/18 151.8 lbs 23.8 - Normal. 4/8/18 154.6 lbs BMI 24.2 - Normal. 3/11/18 161 BMI 25.2 Overweight.
3 years staying on plan is the goal.
victw

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am

283.6 to 279.6lbs for 4 lb loss this week. Woot out of 280's. 260's here I come.
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:28 am

Congrats, Vic and Rosey!!
Idgie, Southern CA
Idgie

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Happy weigh in day ! :) Congratulations to the group!! Seems like an awesome week !!!

Vin, I'm all in for the internet hug! Love that!

I was happy that the lord of the scale granted me a 1.4 lb. loss this week... :cool:

Today is all about potatoes (and a couple fruit and veggies)... Potato waffle for breakfast, baked potato with split pea soup for lunch, will have oven fries for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great week!
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Svenja » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:05 am

Good morning!

I love love love the amazing summer weather we have in northern Germany this year ... I wouldn't mind it lasting a little longer.

I lost 2 pounds this week! I am happy!

I hope to report next week that I finally reached my half year goal (loosing 15 kg / 33 lbs) and to be under 100 kg.

Have a great week everyone!
Eat your plants!

Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:27 am

Congrats everyone!!!!
Rosey

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:05 am

Stephanie - I hope the Thai peppers are surprisingly hot. :) Good loss! The lord of the scale is very generous to those who work hard. :)

Vintagesan - Fantastic week, really great. :) I am so pleased that you are finding value here. Jeff has shown us the research that, in general, weighing ourselves weekly lead to better outcomes. I am also so pleased you will be joining us for at least another month. Yay! What a cute GIF, hugs to you too! (I'd love to know how to do that?)

Michael - Congratulations on a successful month. I hope you will join us in the August group as well.

Idgie - Wonderful loss this week. How are you finding the prep work and cooking? Do you have any favourite recipes that you use over and over agin?

Vic - Good call on avoiding the grocery store when hungry. Slow and steady wins the weight-loss race. XO. Cheers to your loss this week.

Rosey - Fabulous week! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you, I love getting into a new decade, it feels so good. Keep up the great effort. :)

Svenja - Congratulations! I wish you all the best this week as you get closer to your goal. How inspiring!

I've been personally struggling to stay on track, some weeks are better than others, and I'm feeling quite hopeful to soon be, again, experiencing the same successes all of you are having. You are an extremely inspiring group, I must say. :) Congratulations to you all!
Here are some non-diet related inspiring images from my week of travels, I've been up and down the island (from Victoria to Tofino) where I live and am inspired by the beauty in the world all around me.
amandamechele

Postby moonspirit » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 am

Beautiful pictures, Amy! And congrats on weight loss, everyone. :)

I am down to 172.2, down 2.8 lbs this week.

I ended up needing to leave the retreat. One of the teachers got power-trippy about the incense, and I left to take care of my asthma. But while I was there, I ate on plan with the help of our wonderful kitchen staff.

Amy, to answer your question, I am the retreat center manager (though I am transitioning out to go back to school), and my husband is the media coordinator (responsible for amplification as well as audio/video recording and editing). It's more meditation than yoga, though we do have some yoga-related rental groups come through. The center and the high desert valley we live in are beautiful, surrounded by mountains. Currently, I'm only working part time, keeping the outside rental business afloat while they are in the hiring process for my replacement. Once that person is trained, I will be focusing solely on school. (I'm finally getting my masters degree in counseling.)

I'm feeling so much healthier and happier. I noticed myself feeling inspired to exercise this week, and I think the cleaner fuel is helping with my asthma - even though we live at high altitude (~9000 ft), I've been able to climb the hills where we live without using my inhaler. And last weekend, my husband and I did a hike to 11,000 ft (there is a beautiful hidden valley up in the mountains from where we live). I used my inhaler toward the end of the climb, but if I'd known how close we were I probably would have gotten by without it.

I too am grateful for this opportunity to check in every week. I haven't been this weight in probably 5 years. And I feel good. Much love to you all...

Becca
moonspirit

Postby Idgie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:09 am

Amy, love those photos!

I do have foods I return to over and over -- plain baked sweet potatoes, for one. I'm also trying to put any recipes I end up making into the recipe forum here. In the past couple days, I've added my mango salsa, a quick curry, and an oil-free tabbouli. Cooking is my favorite recreation, which to be honest makes this way of eating pretty easy for me, but I find I'm also eating a lot of stuff that doesn't require any skill at all -- big salads, waffle-iron hashbrowns (which I wouldn't have thought of without these forums), fresh fruit, etc.

I also find that planning the day's meals ahead of time is really really helpful.

On June 10th, I weighed 330 pounds. I've lost about 22 pounds of that in 7 weeks, and I feel so grateful to everyone here for that. (And to myself, because let's be honest, I'm doing the work. :-) )
Idgie, Southern CA
Idgie

Postby moonlight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:23 am

Hi! Sounds like everyone had a good weight loss week. I'm the same weight as last week. I've had some issues with compliance and not much exercise. I'm happy I'm still at 177 lbs. though. That's about 50% of my goal.

I love the internet hug pic and the YAY pic. Thanks for posting!

I hope everyone has a great week. Until August, happy MWL days! :)
moonlight

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program