July 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:01 am

Love your pictures I so want to listen to someone play harp in person.
Rosey

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello All!

We certainly did end July on a high note...or should I say low weight. :D
Congratulations on a successful month. I hope you will consider continuing the fun in the new August thread, which I will post on Wednesday.

Dr. McDougall's November 2002 Newsletter lists some Successful Weight Loss Tips and Refinements for Maximum Weight Loss which I think are a great way to refresh your thinking on your program. Take a quick peek and see if any of the suggestions may be helpful.

Have a lovely week!

Amy XO

Here are the results for the fourth week in July:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, August 3rd, 2018

Total group loss reported in 2018: 338.4 pounds

July 2018 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2018: 54.7 pounds
Total group loss in February 2018: 49.3 pounds
Total group loss in March 2018: 52.5 pounds
Total group loss in April 2018: 26.9 pounds
Total group loss in May 2018: 50.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2018: 54.3 pounds
Total group loss in July 2018: 50.3 pounds

Week ending 07/27/2018: 9 participants reported a total loss of 19.8 pounds
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Total gains: 0.0
--------------------------------------
Vintagesan - 4.5
Chumly - 2.5
Idgie - 2.4
Victw - 0.2
Rosey - 4.0
VegSeekingFit - 1.4
Svenja - 2.0
Moonspirit - 2.8
Moonlight - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 19.8
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in July 2018: 50.3 pounds
Week ending 07/27/2018: 9 participants reported a total loss of 19.8 pounds
Week ending 07/20/2018: 8 participants reported a total loss of 18.5 pounds
Week ending 07/13/2018: 10 participants reported a total loss of 11.1 pounds
Week ending 07/06/2018: 10 participants reported a total loss of 0.5 pounds

PS. My friend and I saw bears on our walk today! She says they aren't as scary as she thought they'd be.
amandamechele

Postby moonlight » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Thank you, Amy, for all your attention to helping us stay motivated! It was great to read Dr. McDougall's article again on the MWL program. My big take away this time was the part about eating several small meals instead of 3 big ones. Recently I've been thinking about stomach receptors and only eating until I can just start to feel full. I think I've kind of stuffed myself at times thinking I should eat at least 2 cups of rice to keep me full until the next meal, then eat just as many veggies... That's too much food for me to eat at one time. This weekend I've been practicing being aware of that feeling of fullness and stop eating, then eat again when I feel some hunger. Great article! Really worth the re-read. I hope you (and everyone on this thread) have a great week of blissful MWL eating!
moonlight

Postby amandamechele » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:00 am

Becca - Thanks, and solid loss this week. :) I love love love hearing about the positive changes happening in your life. I'm sorry to hear about the brief dust-up with your co-worker, but you kept your goals in mind and came out of the situation with your integrity intact. Much love to you too and congrats on reaching a 5-year low.

Thank you Idgie. I'll have to venture over to the recipe forum and take a look, I'm always looking to discover new curries to try. How fantastic that you love to cook (I'm not as enamoured with it to everyone in my immediate family's dismay...LOL). Yes...you are totally doing the work and hopefully feel proud as well as grateful.

Moonlight - Half-way there! Half-way there! Oh my goodness, how exciting. Best wishes for the coming week too. Thank you for the sweet well-wishes. I never get tired of reading this stuff and always hope you feel the same. Helps to keep me focused. Keep us posted on your Hara Hachi Bu experiment!

Rosey - Thank you, I figured I didn't have any food photos to share so these would have to do. Listening to the harp in person is lovely, and a very different experience from that of hearing it in recorded music. I found it is a quiet and humble instrument dedicated to letting the personality of the young woman playing shine forth. Visually she had me thinking of mermaids and Peter Pan a little bit, but that could also have been because we were at the waterfront. I hope you get a chance to see it one day soon, preferably somewhere sunny with a gentle breeze.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Here's the link to the August 2018 Weigh In Group. I hope to see you all there on Friday!
XO
Amy
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program