Vacation time with Non McDougallers

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vacation time with Non McDougallers

Postby VickiCallanan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi,

Currently on vacation for the next week. I’ve been to the 10 day program, doing awesome when I’m at home btw (lost 14 lbs since January 2018) BUT now that I’m on vacation, I’m struggling! How do any of you prepare for going on vacation with non McDougallers. My husband who is always with me on my new lifestyle change has fallen completely off the wagon so to speak. I find myself just wishing the rest of these vacation days away so I can get back home and start eating right again! :roll:
VickiCallanan

Re: Vacation time with Non McDougallers

Postby LakeConroePenny » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:26 pm

VickiCallanan wrote:Hi,

Currently on vacation for the next week. I’ve been to the 10 day program, doing awesome when I’m at home btw (lost 14 lbs since January 2018) BUT now that I’m on vacation, I’m struggling! How do any of you prepare for going on vacation with non McDougallers. My husband who is always with me on my new lifestyle change has fallen completely off the wagon so to speak. I find myself just wishing the rest of these vacation days away so I can get back home and start eating right again! :roll:

I know it's only one day a week, but I eat with Non-McDougallers at the church potluck every week. I just pick what I want to eat, without making a fuss about it, and leave the unhealthy things for the rest of the folks to eat. You can do that in restaurants, too.
Happy Tails and Trails, Penny
LakeConroePenny

Re: Vacation time with Non McDougallers

Postby victw » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:45 pm

You haven't mentioned any specifics? Are you on the road? At a resort?
Are you eating your breakfast in the hotel every morning?

There are different strategies for different situations. Try to take it one meal at a time and make the best choices you can.
Always choose a salad (or brothy soup) when you can with the dressing on the side.

Did you just attend the 10 day program? If so - you probably haven't had enough time to put strategies together.

You could also skip a meal here and there if it's a 3+ meals a day kind of vacation. Check your hunger and don't feel compelled just because everyone else is eating.

I would try to chalk it up to a learning experience.
Also if you have time to be on-line why not read the sections on eating out.

I feel for you - May and June are looking like heavy travel times for me. Almost 4 weeks in a row - two in a foreign country.
I've been working on the mental aspects.

Vic
11/1/19 Sloppy - 137.6/21.55
1/1/19 Still maintaining - 134.8/21.11
10/12/18 Maintenance wt - 136.4 BMI 21.36
5/6/18 151.8 lbs 23.8 - Normal. 4/8/18 154.6 lbs BMI 24.2 - Normal. 3/11/18 161 BMI 25.2 Overweight.
3 years staying on plan is the goal.
victw

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program