March 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Trish » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Down 1 pound this week, struggling with some streamlining and ready for a new week, today.
Trish

Postby Trish » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm

hmmm I keep trying to post here on weigh in, says it posted successfully then is not here... so apologies if there are multiple posts I cannot find.

Loss of 1 pound this week -- the ticker changed on my original post, it was one pound heavier when I left it, but I had to resolve a problem with the code and... the old one disappeared, ANYway I am down from 127 to 126 today for our total.

Blessings to all...
Trish

Postby BeHealthy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Down 2 more pounds this week. :)
BeHealthy

Postby moonlight » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm up 1 pound since last week - actually since Wednesday!! I had a good week of mostly being compliant even though I had several challenges, so I feel good about that. Wishing everyone a good week!
moonlight

Postby Svenja » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:58 am

Heya!

I am happy to report a loss of 3 pounds :)

I am looking forward to a really nice bonfire party tonight ... but still snow here ...

Wishing everyone who is involved in this a great Easter celebration.

Blessings,
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby Starchyme » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:13 am

amandamechele wrote:
Starchyme wrote:Many thanks for the warm welcome, Amandamechele.

My pleasure! Are you on the west coast too, or just up late?

Edited to add: I guess you could be in a completely different time zone too! LOL

The latter, which seems to be my pattern these nights.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Sundog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am

Today’s weight 228.1 released 2.2 lbs

Happy Saturday everyone,

I released the weight gain of the last two weeks. I have been very mindful of my food and trying to move more. The weather has been sunny and warm and this definitely makes me feel happy. :D I’m not going to any celebrations this weekend for Passover or Easter. Family don’t invite us because of the way we eat. The best part is that I’m okay with this! Not only would there be non compliant foods but family dysfunction. Two things I don’t care to be around.
My hope for you all is that you have strength in your resolve to be true to yourselves and your compliant eating this weekend. It’s really just another holiday that can be celebrated without non compliant foods as your health should be non negotiable! Make good plans for your family functions,
Put your suit of armor on and get ready for battle! Fight for your health!
Best,
Sundog
Amy, laser ablation is a technique in which the doctor puts a very thin tube into the bad vein and then through the tip of the tiny tube they apply laser energy to the enlarged vein. As the tube is pulled out the heat causes the vein to collapse and eventually heal shut. Ultra sound is used to guide the placement of the tiny tube. I will be happy when I have this procedure behind me! :D
Sundog

Postby amandamechele » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Hello All,

I am sooo happy for everyone and all of their successes this month. Much weight-lost, many ah-ha moments and a whole bunch of people becoming supportive friends.
This is so great; I feel like dancing!

Some of you may be celebrating a holiday over the course of the weekend. I will be, and I tend to traditionally take a bit of time to try and slow my thoughts down, and to think about the people and the opportunities that I am grateful for. Our family and friends and all of our social interactions are truly the stuff of life, adding to or detracting from our happiness.

I am grateful to the McDougalls, and their staff, for their lessons on how to live well - healthfully and with dignity. Thank you Dr. McDougall. I hope to continue to be an example and if that happens to help a few others along the way, know that it is merely to dignify the gift that I have received from you. :)

I recently watched an older TedTalk by Brother David Steindle-Rast - a monk and PhD in psychology - and found it so beautiful that I wanted to share it. Want to Be Happy, Be Grateful. Here are a few excerpts from this 15 minute talk:
Brother David Steindle-Rast wrote:... I didn't say we can be grateful for everything. I said we can be grateful in every given moment for the opportunity, and even when we are confronted with something that is terribly difficult, we can rise to this occasion and respond to the opportunity that is given to us. It isn't as bad as it might seem. Actually, when you look at it and experience it, you find that most of the time, what is given to us is the opportunity to enjoy, and we only miss it because we are rushing through life and we are not stopping to see the opportunity...

...But once in a while, something very difficult is given to us, and when this difficult thing occurs to us, it's a challenge to rise to that opportunity, and we can rise to it by learning something which is sometimes painful. Learning patience, for instance. We have been told that the road to peace is not a sprint, but is more like a marathon. That takes patience. That's difficult. It may be to stand up for your opinion, to stand up for your conviction. That's an opportunity that is given to us.To learn, to suffer, to stand up, all these opportunities are given to us,but they are opportunities, and those who avail themselves of those opportunities are the ones that we admire. They make something out of life. And those who fail get another opportunity. We always get another opportunity. That's the wonderful richness of life...

...we can also open our hearts for the opportunities to help others, to make others happy,because nothing makes us more happy than when all of us are happy.And when we open our hearts to the opportunities, the opportunities invite us to do something...

With that, I wish all of you the best for the coming week and I truly hope to see you checking-in for April. Thank you to everyone who participated this month. Your own transformation will continue beyond weight loss as you develop the habits necessary to put this aspect of your life on automatic. So, as Brother Steindle- Rast says Stop, Look, Go! Seek opportunities to make others happy.

Amy

Here are the results for the fifth week in March:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, April 6th, 2018

Total group loss reported in 2018: 156.6 pounds

March 2018 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2018: 54.7 pounds
Total group loss in February 2018: 49.3 pounds
Total group loss in March 2018: 52.5 pounds

Week ending 03/30/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 6.6 pounds
---------------------------------------
Suey51 - 0.2
Galooop - 0.2
Victw - 2.0
Moonlight - 1.0
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 3.4
--------------------------------------
Starchyme - 0.0
Landog - 1.0
Jobet - 0.8
Trish - 1.0
BeHealthy - 2.0
Svenja - 3.0
Sundog - 2.2
amandamechele - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 10
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in March 2018: 45.9 pounds
Week ending 03/30/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 6.6 pounds
Week ending 03/23/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 14.4 pounds
Week ending 03/16/2018: 14 participants reported a total loss of 7.0 pounds
Week ending 03/09/2018: 11 participants reported a total loss of 13.4 pounds
Week ending 03/02/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 11.1 pounds
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Sue - Happy 1-Month Goal Anniversary! Dr. Lisle's webinar from last week was so informative. That is awesome that you managed to eliminate 1 weighing and that you got some new clothes and shoes! That is my favourite part of weight loss, a legitimate reason to buy new clothes...LOL. I can't wait to hear how your new workout program goes. Tell McBailey he is doing great!

StarchyMe - That's definitely a win! Best wishes this coming week. I'm not always the best sleeper either...except when it's time to get up...LOL...

Landog - Wow, wonderful consistent losses, your steady adherence to the guidelines is really working well. Congratulations! I watched a bit of my baseball team's home opener on Thursday (Jays vs Yankees). It didn't go well for us. A friend of mine (who I met at a McDougall potluck a few years ago, ironically) was lucky enough to play the National Anthem with the Toronto Concert Orchestra at that game. That made the loss sting a little less...LOL! Is Cleaveland your team?

Chris :o No thanks necessary, I appreciate hearing from you each week. :) I'm glad you're noticing positive progress and enjoying your work-out. This is all about making life just a bit better!

Vic - I agree, you had a very large loss while you were sick, it makes sense that not all of it would be actual fat loss. I'm glad you're not sweating it and going to focus on the longer-term picture. I hope you still choose to check-in each week, even if you decide to weigh yourself only monthly. I completely know what you're going through with that self talk and I'm glad you managed to keep yourself on track and turn the disappointment into a win! Eating out is sooo tricky. I imagine you have seen Mary McDougall's Dining Out If You Must. It has all kinds of tips to navigate those tempting restaurant situations. Before I ate this way, eating out was all about the food and not the social interaction with others for me. I'm not sure if that's what you mean. I had to go through this period of not enjoying eating out as much while I learned to 1) Accept that I couldn't handle the occasional pre-meditated cheat and stay out of The Pleasure Trap. 2) Make it all about actually being with the people there and not the food, at all 3) Being okay with spending way too much for food that would have been cheaper and tastier prepared at home.
Congratulations on a week of learning and success! :)

Jobet - Good loss this week. I also weigh in monthly, for the same reasons Dr. Lisle goes through. You can definitely still participate! If you want to check in weekly still, yet only weigh yourself monthly, I will continue to put your name in the weekly tally, but list 0 pounds lost until you next post a number. Some have found that the accountability of checking-in weekly, even without weighing in, helps keep them on track. If you think you'll be okay checking in monthly, then post your total monthly loss at the end of April and I'll add you back onto the list. :)

Trish - Congrats on the loss. Slowly but surely you'll get better at both the streamlining and consistency. Practice makes perfect! Blessings to you, as well.

Ann - Woot woot! You are doing so well.

Moonlight - I'm sorry to hear that this was a challenging week and hope that the next one will be better. XO

Svenja - Have a wonderful Easter too! Keep up the great effort, you have been doing really well. I hope the bonfire was fun!

Sundog - That was a great interview. Thank you for the well wishes regarding getting through the holiday weekend. I have spent almost 8 hours in the kitchen today preparing an adherent meal for a get-together we are hosting tomorrow. I plan on enjoying my meal without a slip-up and so am willing to prepare. Some of our family will be bringing dishes that I can't eat, but I think I'll do just fine, as long as the compost bin comes out the second everyone leaves and the tempting foods are disposed of right away. I will put on my battle armour!! Thank you for the laser ablation explanation, and look forward to hearing that it is all behind you.
amandamechele

Postby Jobet » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:28 am

amandamechele wrote:
Jobet - Good loss this week. I also weigh in monthly, for the same reasons Dr. Lisle goes through. You can definitely still participate! If you want to check in weekly still, yet only weigh yourself monthly, I will continue to put your name in the weekly tally, but list 0 pounds lost until you next post a number. Some have found that the accountability of checking-in weekly, even without weighing in, helps keep them on track. If you think you'll be okay checking in monthly, then post your total monthly loss at the end of April and I'll add you back onto the list. :)

Amy, thank you so much. I just have to try Dr Lisle's advice for at least a month to see if it's best for me, but want to continue in this thread weekly. This is my favorite thread and I find it so encouraging. :)
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby landog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm

amandamechele wrote:Landog - Wow, wonderful consistent losses, your steady adherence to the guidelines is really working well. Congratulations! I watched a bit of my baseball team's home opener on Thursday (Jays vs Yankees). It didn't go well for us. A friend of mine (who I met at a McDougall potluck a few years ago, ironically) was lucky enough to play the National Anthem with the Toronto Concert Orchestra at that game. That made the loss sting a little less...LOL! Is Cleaveland your team?

Hi Amy -
Congrats on the Jays - a split with the Yankees isn't too bad of a start!
Yep, Cleveland's my team. Hoping for a return to the playoffs this year. Slow start in Seattle, going 1-2..

-dog
landog

Postby amandamechele » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 am

Jobet wrote:Amy, thank you so much. I just have to try Dr Lisle's advice for at least a month to see if it's best for me, but want to continue in this thread weekly. This is my favorite thread and I find it so encouraging. :)

:o I look forward to hearing from you on Friday! Have a great week. XO
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:29 am

landog wrote:Hi Amy -
Congrats on the Jays - a split with the Yankees isn't too bad of a start!
Yep, Cleveland's my team. Hoping for a return to the playoffs this year. Slow start in Seattle, going 1-2..

-dog

Let's hope they both do better against the Angels and the White Sox!
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:32 am

Here is the link to the April Weigh In Group.
I hope to see all of you there.

:)
amandamechele

Postby Pudgypumpkin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am

I'll be joining everyone next month. Stay focused and stay strong. We can do this!
Pudgypumpkin - who is working on becoming a Sleekleek!
One potato, two potato, three potato, four - I'm a McDougalling Starchivore!
Pudgypumpkin

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program