Cholesterol

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cholesterol

Postby LisaK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Hello. I recently attended the intensive 3 day weekend in Santa Rosa with my Mom. My goal is to clean out her arteries and to regain her health since she's had several strokes and diabetes etc It has been almost 3 weeks following the program now. I have not been perfect so I was hesitant to see if my cholesterol had come down My cholesterol has been hovering near the 200 mark for the past 3 years, even though I cut out dairy about 90%. I found it very discouraging since it was so stubborn and many co-workers told me a lot of it is genetic which I did not want to believe since I believe it's diet related. So when I got home after the seminar weekend with the vegan buffet and had it tested it was 188, a little decrease, but not anything too exciting.The other day i thought, should I test it again because I had taken my ex-mother in law out to celebrate her 90th birthday with a few pieces of chocolate cake. I figured with all those slipups since I'm new to learning all this, there would not be much change. Well I went ahead and got it tested. I'm now 147. Yes....147!!!!!I couldn't believe it. I still can't. I will get it tested in another month just to be sure since I'm doubtful and find it hard to believe 2 weeks could do what 3 years couldn't. The things that I've cut out since the weekend seminar are coffee, meat, dairy (In the past I would still have cream in my coffee and the occasional feta cheese in my salads, not anymore)and oil. Yes I haven't been totally perfect but about 90% on the straight and narrow. I'm not sure if it was the coffee or meat since I'd already almost totally eliminated dairy except for the cream in my coffee for a few years now. Again I'm shocked and just want to say this works, this is the truth and John McDougall is my hero. I thank God for men like him who speak the truth without mincing words, so people can have the facts and make the right decisions for their health.
LisaK

Re: Cholesterol

Postby amandamechele » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:50 am

LisaK wrote:Hello. I recently attended the intensive 3 day weekend in Santa Rosa with my Mom. My goal is to clean out her arteries and to regain her health since she's had several strokes and diabetes etc It has been almost 3 weeks following the program now. I have not been perfect so I was hesitant to see if my cholesterol had come down My cholesterol has been hovering near the 200 mark for the past 3 years, even though I cut out dairy about 90%. I found it very discouraging since it was so stubborn and many co-workers told me a lot of it is genetic which I did not want to believe since I believe it's diet related. So when I got home after the seminar weekend with the vegan buffet and had it tested it was 188, a little decrease, but not anything too exciting.The other day i thought, should I test it again because I had taken my ex-mother in law out to celebrate her 90th birthday with a few pieces of chocolate cake. I figured with all those slipups since I'm new to learning all this, there would not be much change. Well I went ahead and got it tested. I'm now 147. Yes....147!!!!!I couldn't believe it. I still can't. I will get it tested in another month just to be sure since I'm doubtful and find it hard to believe 2 weeks could do what 3 years couldn't. The things that I've cut out since the weekend seminar are coffee, meat, dairy (In the past I would still have cream in my coffee and the occasional feta cheese in my salads, not anymore)and oil. Yes I haven't been totally perfect but about 90% on the straight and narrow. I'm not sure if it was the coffee or meat since I'd already almost totally eliminated dairy except for the cream in my coffee for a few years now. Again I'm shocked and just want to say this works, this is the truth and John McDougall is my hero. I thank God for men like him who speak the truth without mincing words, so people can have the facts and make the right decisions for their health.

I'm so happy for you Lisa, what a great improvement. Keep up the good effort.
amandamechele

Re: Cholesterol

Postby landog » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:48 am

LisaK wrote: Yes I haven't been totally perfect but about 90% on the straight and narrow. ...
Again I'm shocked and just want to say this works, this is the truth and John McDougall is my hero. I thank God for men like him who speak the truth without mincing words, so people can have the facts and make the right decisions for their health.

It does work. Congratulations on your success!
I'd encourage you to plan ahead and figure out how to live 100% McDougall (for best results!).

Again, congrats!
landog

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program