still cannot lose weight on Starch Solution

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: still cannot lose weight on Starch Solution

Postby f00die » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 pm

consider eating more SNAP soups
to decrease overall caloric density
viewtopic.php?t=10519
f00die

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 am

You should join the MWL weekly weigh in group! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58376#p586683 Lots of good tips. Amy moderates the thread and posts tons of healthful information. This might have information that is relevant to you: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58376&start=60#p587325

Recently there was a member who was frustrated with their lack of weight loss, and posted their measurements and calories for food. Turns out that they were incorrectly measuring some items and were in fact eating way more calories than they thought. Have you read the Maximum Weight Loss guidelines? A little tweak might be all you need to get the results you are looking for, and without measuring.

Jeff’s forum has touched on the vitamin E topic, but I can’t figure out how to search for the thread.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby JeffN » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 am

Lyndzie wrote:Jeff’s forum has touched on the vitamin E topic, but I can’t figure out how to search for the thread.

Here you go...

On Zinc
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6500&p=67775#p67775

On Vitamin E
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6732

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 pm

abit wrote:@VegSeekingFit - Stephanie

Nice insight and helpful!

I thought about 'why faster' a long time before posting. The way the weight is coming off does not instill confidence the program is going to keep the weight off long term. After I hit a new low for that one day basically the rest of the time the weight is up. If I slip just one day, and I have more than once, the weight steadily increases. It takes a very regimented approach for many days to get it back down. It is very difficult to tell when I am overeating or just fluctuating. Losing faster would hopefully show dropping the weight to be as easy as gaining it, then I could relax and the tight-rope walking tension would go away.

For the ongoing maintenance phase:
I was thinking of adding in things just outside of my current calorie density target levels like beans, rice, corn, sweet potatoes, also some breads/grains/nuts/seeds.

I have no interest in returning to the SAD diet. Who knows though, without confidence in the SS program, a few days of slips and 'viola' I'm up 60 lbs again.

Hi, :)

I would echo Lyndzie that you may want to consider joining the MWL weekly weigh-in thread. Lots of support, information, community.

You don't seem like one to "viola" up 60 lbs... :D Your math is too good!!

Maybe don't weigh everyday - but weekly? Could that reduce tension - in not seeing daily swings?? Just believe in what you are doing - eating low on the calorie density and exercising?

Wishing you the best in your way forward!
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby f1jim » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am

The original poster never journalled despite claiming to. And despite the few initial posts has not responded to helpful suggestions. It takes two to tango. We are here to help when you are ready.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program