back to MWL

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

back to MWL

Postby lisaml2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I didn't commit to the Mcdougall plan to lose weight but i sort of expected that i would. As my health issues disappeared and my body transformed, i was ecstatic and not concerned about my weight. I had faith that weight loss would naturally follow my new vibrant health. However, after three years i still hadn't lost weight. Not an ounce. So i went on MWL. The first six weeks, nothing. Next two weeks, small loss. Next two months, rapid weight loss. After four months on MWL i had dropped eight sizes. And then it stopped. Eventually i gave up and went back on the regular eating plan. That was six years ago and i am still the same size. They say those last few pounds are the hardest to lose and i guess I'm proof. I can't really complain. I'm 135 pounds, size 8 but i really want to lose a little more. So I'm giving it another try six years later to see if anything has changed. I don't know if I'll have the patience to stick with it (i really like bread) if i don't see any weight loss but it should be interesting to see what happens. The good news is that after nine years on the Mcdougall plan, I'm in better shape than, well ever. And I'm sixty.
lisaml2

Re: back to MWL

Postby amandamechele » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I wish you all the best lisaml2! Let us know how it goes. :)

Amy
amandamechele

Postby Cathmc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 am

Lisaml
What an encouraging post, what a great job !
I have to say, it doesn´t seem to me like you need to lose any weight but yes, let us know how it goes.
Cathmc

Postby kirstykay » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Lisaml2, Do you have an update? I'd love to hear how things are going. I just started back to MWL and am enjoying it. It's always nice to hear others' experience.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 am

this IS encouraging, and I'm impressed that you stuck with it for six weeks seeing no results! and then BAM your body dumped a bunch of fat...I have a feeling I'll be at it a while before seeing any results, since I'm in menopause and my body is even more stubborn now, about weight loss. I'll remember your little testimonial when things are going slow for me.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program