Blood Thinners

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Blood Thinners

Postby purkey1942 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi,
I have been trying to loose weight (100 lbs) for years I am 40 at this point in my life I have had 2 Heart Attacks and 3 DVT's and I have Type 1 Diabetes I have tried several things to lose weight as most have, I currently do exercise I walk 3 miles 4 X a week given that the weather is ok, of which doesn't help with weight loss, As for Medications I am currently taking Warfin, Metformin, Metropol, Lipitor, Vit D, Ashwaganda, baby Aspirin, anti indigestion pill. I am trying to figure out where to start in this program to get the most effective. Could you please advise the best direction since I am on Warfin of which I am not suppose to eat a lot of Vit K at them moment I am on a fairly high dose of Warfin to keep me in range (currently on 15-20mg) daily.. At this moment in time my Heart is doing fine since I decided 8 months ago to stop taking everything but the Metropol, that was a wake up call the medication was making me worse I couldn't walk 15 min without poping and nitro pill, 7 weeks after I stopped taking all the medication I could walk a mile without any major issues. Thank you in advance for reading this and commenting
purkey1942

Re: Blood Thinners

Postby BeHealthy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Fortunately, tons of veggies are delicious and not high in vitamin K. I have found this resource to be helpful when planning: http://www.coumadin.bmscustomerconnect. ... 00bxvTFEAY
(It's a PDF)
BeHealthy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program