September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Svenja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 am

03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby zsilent1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:15 am

Way to go, Svenja! :) Good job!

Susan
zsilent1

Postby Svenja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:08 am

zsilent1 wrote:Way to go, Svenja! :) Good job!

Susan

:)

Thanks!
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby galooop » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:25 am

hello, amandamechele -

I'll be out of town, so won't be weighing in this week.
Please put me down as Zero and I'll catch up next time.

thank you!
Chris
galooop

Postby amandamechele » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Qwerty988 - Aww thank you. Calorie Density truly is the most important concept in order to get to eat our fill. I'm so happy to hear about your success. Starch and veggie meals for the win! Thank you for linking Dr. Lisle's podcast. I enjoy it too and I'm glad your session with him went well.

Thanks Anna! - How has this week been going? Did you start a food journal? You've had some great big changes and will have to form new patterns for success. You will find your mojo! I'm moving across the country in a couple of weeks, so will be facing similar issues; a whole lot of changes at once. I thought it could be a good time to stop doing certain things, at the same time as creating new habits. Simple things like, finding a grocery store that I like and can easily get to. Habit 1. Since it will be a new store for me, I will have never bought dates there or Mary's crackers, or other foods that I can over eat. This will be my chance to break/never form that habit in my new location. Same goes for restaurants. I kind of want to find a couple that are compliant...but I already know that Wendy's will work in a pinch, and so maybe this is my chance to NOT find any restaurants and to focus on minimizing eating out. This can apply to night time eating, drinking, exercise, anything really. You and I have a chance to start this out right. We can totally do this! Don't worry about last week, this week is your do-over.

Sirdle - Me too. I read his forum often just to remind myself of what is truly important here. I love your little experiment, it's the best way to put little doubts to rest. It's interesting that your percentage of calories from protein changed very little, and that eating this way drastically lowered the % of calories from fat (therefore raising those from carbohydrates)...and look at that difference in fibre! Fantastic. I averaged 4 lbs of food a day during my challenge last October....that's still quite a bit of potential calories based on my height.

Susan - That's the spirit...in it for the long haul!

Svenja - If I ever visit your area, I will definitely come by and say hello! Congratulations on your amazing exam score. You are putting in great effort, and that will help ensure it does work out. Good for you! XO
Also, thank you for the link. “No aspect of our biology is left unscathed by sleep deprivation,” .

Will do Chris, thanks for checking in. :)
amandamechele

Postby ANNAUK » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:27 pm

So Amy
My move has come with more ways to eat more than less. Too many vegan cafes and yummy things we didn't have before. Found today my farmers market and two local organic veg supplies in my city !!awful week eaten way too much. Food journal has been fab. Didn't realise how greedy I have become no wonder the weight loss has reversed. Meal planning for next week and just read mcdougall green light book again. Need to make better stuff for the kids so I don't have it around me all the time. For me my son not being able to eat any beans lately has been the main problem. I relied on beans so much. Am going to try him with overnight sprouted lentils this week. Fingers crossed !!
Need to find new places to walk in my local area. Really really miss my daily walks so much
I do hope your move goes well xxxxxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby ANNAUK » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:29 pm

P.s thank you so much for your weekly support whilst having your own journey. This group stops me from giving up x
ANNAUK

Postby BeHealthy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Svenja - Great job on your daily exam and thanks for posting that article on sleep. I love sleep! And, thanks for the invite. If I expect to travel, I'll be in touch for sure. We can get some great veggie food together. :)
BeHealthy

Postby ANNAUK » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 am

1 pound loss for me this week x
ANNAUK

Postby Suey51 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am

Happy Friday everyone!
I’m reporting a 0.8 pound loss this week :)

Amy: Thanks for sharing about your own situation and the consultation with Jeff Novick. It sounds like a great experience. He is so right to say remember how far you have come. Keep going xxx

Congrats to your Mom on her weight loss :)

I’ve been having veggies for breakfast for nearly three weeks, and usually steam them in the microwave for a couple of minutes. This morning I thought I would try eating them raw, and then microwave whatever I couldn’t manage. Everything apart from the kale was fine. Still have a way to go with converting the taste buds to that, but I’ll keep trying! Having veggies first thing, certainly gets me heading in the right direction for the day.

Thanks Amy for the link to the article on taste bud rehab, it makes so much sense! This quote: "Taste buds are adaptable little fellas. When they can't be with foods they love, they learn to love the foods they're with” reminded me of the song ‘Love The One You’re With’ by Stephen Stills. I’m going to hum it while trying to eat the raw kale ;-)

I’ve been tracking food via Myfitnesspal for the past few weeks and that has helped me keep more compliant, although still not 100%! I won’t do it long term, but do think it has helped me reach my second weight loss goal. The scales went into trampoline mode; yesterday I touched down on my goal weight, only to bounce straight back up by a pound this morning after some wholemeal toast and eating out last night. But, now I know I can get there....

Svenja – congrats on that result! And thanks for sharing the article on sleep.

Sirdel/Susan – ‘keep my eyes on the big picture’ ‘the big picture is where it’s at’ – love your words :-)

Love and positive thoughts to everyone xx
Suey51

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:38 am

Happy Friday all! :-D

I'll be weighing in next week, so please put me down for 0.0 for now.

See you all in October!
Qwerty988

Postby zsilent1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:18 am

Greetings Group Mates,

I am down 1 lb this week. All's well. I'm hypothyroid and have taken Armour Thyroid for many years. At times the skin on my heels would split. The skin was pretty thick and the splits would really hurt. My heels are now looking almost normal. I don't think I'll ever have that condition again! Thanks to going Whole Foods Plant Based.

I have a cabinet of supplements. I haven't taken any since starting this way of eating/lifestyle. I feel good. I am saving a lot of money too!

Thanks all for the support & sharing all the great info! Keep on truckin'. :-D

Susan

Released 26 lbs
zsilent1

Postby sirdle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:45 am

Down 1.5 lb this week! :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby BeHealthy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello - I'm reporting in with 0 loss/gain for this week. Whomp!

It was a busy week at both jobs and neither allow me to up and about, unless you count standing at a desk or occasional thumb twiddling. Too bad I can't get a good workout by thinking, typing, clicking, and talking/listening during meetings. I'd be ready for the Olympics, ha ha! Oh well, more work/life balance is needed I suppose... or 5 more "me" hours in every 24. :)

My eating was OK this week with many good choices and only a couple poor ones. My lentil stew and butternut squash soups turned out well and were enjoyable. I was tempted by sweets and gave in twice. Not to great extreme, but it still... Noted and adjusted.

I guess this is the last weigh-in for the September thread. See you all in October's thread!
BeHealthy

Postby talita8 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for all the motivation this week. I am down over 1 pound, which is the lowest since I was a teenager. Just a few more pounds and I am done. I went online to our library and ordered Cathy Fishers book, Straight up Food, SOS free plant based cooking. She also works for True North. I love what she does to make fruit dressings. So simple. I love walking or gardening while listening to inspirational books. I have had to be extra busy to get my mind off food. Initially after a meal I think I am still hungry. But if I get up and walk away, the hunger pains go. Sometimes I have not given my body time to register that it has just been feed and this is often when I load more calories than I need. The cram Circuit! Typing fast because I have to go to my flex classe. A class with bar bells and hand weights.
Have a good week.
Talita.
talita8

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program