September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby amandamechele » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Anna - XO Same here. Even with some trials, you had a loss this week. Yay! Kids can be so finicky. What works one week, may not work the following one. Did you end up trying the sprouted lentils? I've had luck blending lentils into soups for my youngest...but just sometimes, because, you know, the whole finicky thing...lol.

Sue - Thank you from me and my mom. With regards to the tastebuds article...we are so similar...I sang that song for days after reading it. For anyone unfamiliar with it, here's Love the One You're With by Stephen Stills. (Here's the one I remember from my 20s by Luther Vandross. Congratulations on reaching your second weight loss goal. Your weight loss ticker shows you at a BMI of 22.5, that's pretty fantastic! Is that your final goal? (You don't have to answer that - I'm just curious and maybe being a little nosey).

Qwerty988 - Thank you for checking in! See you in October. :)

Susan - Great loss! That's great to hear that your heels are healing... :lol: . When you say you don't think you'll ever have that condition again, are you referring to your heals? That would be lovely. Best wishes this week!

Sirdle - Wonderful loss! That's a lot of chopped wood and carried water this week. Excellent.

BeHealthy - No... don't bring out the brass just yet, you had many good choices this week, in your own words. :) Some weeks are just like this. I don't know which side of the pond you're from but I vote for Steve Carrell for coach of your Olympic team. Ha!

Talita - I hope you enjoyed your flex class and resistance training this afternoon. I'm so thrilled for you to be so near your goal. Yes!!
Image]
amandamechele

Postby Svenja » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:20 am

Heya!

Not sure what happened ... didn't change anything I am aware of ... but gained 3 pounds ... :(
My finger and face are swollen ... but I didn't eat specifically salty ... ???

Thank you for your encouraging words about my trail exams :)
One week to go! Luckily I am off work for the the next week.
Hopefully I won't gain more weight ...

Blessings,
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby Suey51 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:38 am

Thanks Amy. Haha! Thanks for the link to the Luther Vandross version, don't think I've heard that before.

Re: new weight goal. I'm really not sure what to do.

For now, my goal is 'stay at this weight' (130 pounds), which is the lowest weight I've been in about 7 years. I was 122 pounds in 2003, but with less muscle in those dim and distant days! I want to retain and build muscle so will take some time to consider whether I set a lower target weight.

I plan to continue with the McDougall way of eating and would like to continue weighing-in with this group if that's OK?

xx
Suey51

Postby LadyM » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:16 am

Good afternoon everyone:

I am down 1.2 lbs. this week. Hurray...

I have reached my second goal with this weight loss. I am now at my goal weight of 120 lbs. with a BMI of 20.9. I weighed more than this when I was in 7th grade. Now I have my next goal to reach which is to maintain this weight (give or take 5 lbs. up or down from 120 lbs.) for the rest of my life. 110 lbs. gone and never to be found again. :nod:

I would like to continue on this board until I feel on solid ground with adding in new and more foods if that is okay with you Amanda.
When I went to Weight Watchers 40 years ago the biggest complaint was that after people lost the weight they were left on their own to try and figure out how to maintain the loss. Needless to say hardly anyone succeeded. I never even got near to goal weight so I didn't have to worry about maintenance.

A big shout out to Talita for being so close to goal weight. Keep going. You can do this. Congrats!

Also Suey 51, you go friend. At goal weight and I bet you feel wonderful and you should feel proud of all you have accomplished. My hat is off to you. Do you feel like I do that the biggest challenge is yet to come?

October is just a day away. See you all next week.

LadyM
(Dee)
LadyM

Postby sarabee » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:17 pm

I lost 2.0 this past week. Hope I'm not too late for the week's tally.
sarabee

Postby amandamechele » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Everyone!

It was so great to hear from each of you this week. I was thinking about what I would post today while watching one of my sons play soccer (via FaceTime - I love how technology can keep us all connected); He plays on the local competitive travelling-team. He's obsessed with soccer and he's pretty okay at it too; not the star player but solid and a hard worker. He figured out awhile ago that his niche on the team was to be the assist guy (his actual position is striker). On average he only makes a goal or two per game, but he's always right there ensuring any teammate that is better setup gets the ball in order to score. Everyone wins when a team works well together.
I've noticed that's how we've begun to function here... and I love it! Thank you to everyone for posting links, cheering each other on and offering tips. Our game is better health (and appearance) and we score through losing weight. Let's study up on the rules (MWL guidelines) and have our own personal best October ever while supporting each other as a group.
See you all in the new October thread.

Amy XO

PS. As an explanation for my weight gain: I had a physical yesterday, so this is a mid-day fully clothed reading and since I don't own a scale at the moment it's the only reading I've got. Sorry to negatively affect the numbers this week.

PPS. Did everyone see this week's webinar? It was a question and answer session with Dr. Anthony Lim, the Medical Director for the McDougall 10-Day Programs. Since I've got the place to myself tonight (and no competition for the TV) I'm going to watch it on the big screen right after I finish up here. I hope all of you are having an equally exciting Saturday night! :lol:

Here are the results for the fifth week in September:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, October 6th, 2017

Total group loss reported in 2017: 630.16 pounds

September 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2017: 137.25 pounds
Total group loss in February 2017: 102.91 pounds
Total group loss in March 2017: 111.3 pounds
Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Total group loss in May 2017: 41.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2017: 44.4 pounds
Total group loss in July 2017: 34.9 pounds
Total group loss in August 2017: 59.6 pounds
Total group loss in September 2017: 41.9 pounds

Week ending 09/29/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 2.0 pounds
---------------------------------------
Svenja - 3.0
amandamechele - 3.5
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 6.5
--------------------------------------
Galooop - 0.0
AnnaUK - 1.0
Suey51 - 0.8
Qwerty988 - 0.0
Zsilent1 - 1.0
Sirdle - 1.5
BeHealthy - 0.0
Talita8 - 1.0
LadyM - 1.2
Sarabee - 2.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 8.5
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in September 2017: 41.9 pounds
Week ending 09/29/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 2.0 pounds
Week ending 09/22/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 14.3 pounds
Week ending 09/15/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 3.3 pounds
Week ending 09/08/2017: 16 participants reported a total loss of 13.1 pounds
Week ending 09/01/2017: 14 participants reported a total loss of 9.2 pounds
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Svenja - You've got one more week of pretty intense stress. Do your best to eat well - it will definitely help with your focus and alertness, but you know where your focus should be. There will be time to figure out what's going on here after the exam. GOOD LUCK!!

Sue and Dee - Yes, please keep checking in! I always appreciate your comments, suggestions, and just hearing about your lives and how you're doing. Just like Sirdle's signature on these boards (and Jeff has also mentioned this Proverb): Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment chop wood and carry water. Reflect on the routines that brought you to your current situation, while appreciating the process of getting there.

Sue - I love the choir in that rendition of the song. With regards to continuing to lose or not, I agree with your thought to take some time to just be where you are. By just continuing to eat this way your body is going to take you where it wants to be anyway. XO. You've really motivated me to reflect on my goals too.

Dee - Wow Dee, I am so inspired by what you have achieved. Really, really inspired. Your lightest since Grade 7! Amazing! :) I agree with you about the need for continued support in this maintenance stage of your journey.

Sarabee - Wonderful loss! You weren't late. :)
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program