mild nausea from too many potatoes?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

mild nausea from too many potatoes?

Postby lucidguppy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Too many potatoes = a little nausea?

I'm in 3 days to a mini right now. Feeling a little nauseous. Did this happen to you?
lucidguppy

Re: mild nausea from too many potatoes?

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I did a potato mini for 3 weeks and never experienced any nausea. I've heard of people getting headaches when "detoxing," but I honestly don't know if I believe it.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Re: mild nausea from too many potatoes?

Postby Bougainvillea » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I felt nauseous for a little while after starting this diet, but I also quit all my meds cold turkey at the same time, including reflux meds. Did you by any chance just quit your meds?

All is calming down now, as my body adjusts, but I still need to lay off the hot sauce for a while. Maybe it's just something simple - like too much hot sauce, or something else like going off your meds or drinking coffee? I'd look at everything you may have changed or may be eating to see if it's something besides the potatoes.

And by the way, I've learned that not all potatoes are equal. I have not had any problems since eating a new bag of golden potatoes - the sweet, creamy kind, instead of the cheap Russet potatoes I originally got.

One last observation - I have learned that my reflux/heartburn is kept at bay if I don't let myself get too hungry, or let my stomach get empty.

Good luck figuring it out. It seems like everything heals with this diet over time. Though, i'm no expert, as I'm pretty new to the program. But, I'm off meds as of August 13th, and as of the last couple weeks, everything seems to have sorted itself out - except for the hot sauce :-)
Off meds/animal products 8/13/17, oil-free since 8/29/17
BP WAY down right away. In 3 months: Cholesterol down 26pts, Triglycerides down 27pts. Next 3 mos way back up ???
61 yrs, 5'5" tall
Starting weight 8/13/17 : 204 lbs As of 2/14/18: 186 lbs
Bougainvillea

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program