Rate of Weightloss

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Rate of Weightloss

Postby Kevtrane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:23 pm

I am sure that this has been covered many times before but I am having trouble finding any posts about the expected rate of Weightloss on the MWL Program. I have significant weight to lose 100+ and have just started a strict MWL eating plan. Wondering if anyone knows of an existing topic that covers this or just wants to share their experience.

Kevtrane

Re: Rate of Weightloss

Postby geo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 pm

There is no expected rate of weightloss on the MWL or the regular program as there are just too many factors involved such as sex, starting weight, diseased state, medications, strictness following program, etc...

However, as an example, you can use me. Male, needing to lose over 100+ lbs. I followed the MWL very strictly and journaled my results every single day for a year. You can click on my testimonial link below in my sig and see my results for the year in quarterly increments.

Or you can read through my joural link below to see everything I did for every day of that year (yeah thats a lot of posts). But it also contains my weightloss on a weekly basis, everything I ate for a year, everything I did, how I felt, what I thought, what I read/studied, and other personal things.

I consider it what any normal obese person can expect if they follow the MWL strictly.

Best wishes to you!
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Re: Rate of Weightloss

Postby Kevtrane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:24 am

Geo,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the links to your amazing story. Its too bad some of the images are no longer available but the words paint the picture perfectly. Congrats on your success and improved health, you are truly an inspiration! I have tried MWL before but always skirted some of the details. I swear I never knew that it eliminated all flour products or nut butters, nuts and seeds. I always figured if I was eating something vegan then it was a decent choice, we know that where that leads. Today I feel committed to the MWL Program. I have had the privilege of meeting Doctor McDougall, Jeff, Doug, Mary etc. I just never gave myself a chance by actually following their advice down to the details.

In the MWL book, he talks about the Moderate, Rapid and Hasty styles of the MWL program. Do you have a sense for which ration you followed? Are you still doing MWL or have you moved on to the regular McDougall plan? How has that change been for you? Has your weight stabilized? I assume your stable wight would be slightly more then the 151 you got down to?

Thanks!
Kevtrane

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program