July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby starbright831 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:14 am

Sad to say I'm up 4 this week. My husband had a stroke at the beginning of the week. I just couldn't stay on MWL and that awful bread drew me in.....comfort food I guess. He's home now so maybe next week will be better.
Dea
starbright831

Postby Yomom » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:48 am

starbright831, so sorry to hear about your husband's stroke. Hang in there!
Kathy
Yomom

Postby cambitsgirl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi everyone! I am down 1.6 pounds this week. :) Enjoying the warm weather and my family. Hope everyone has a great week.

Carol
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi All!

Congratulations on a great first week in July! Welcome again to all of our newer members. Please don't be afraid to ask any questions that you may have; someone in the group is bound to have an answer or it can be easily searched for on the website.

My family is still on our cross country road trip (and having a lovely time), eating out approximately once per day. My oldest son has recently been complaining about how oily and acne prone his skin has become from all of this eating out. He said this to me again, today, while eating a snack that is not what I would consider a great choice and would also potentially lead to more acne. I told him he needed to stop eating so much crap and make better choices. (He is at an age where I let him make his own food choices) He thought I was advising him with a meaningless platitude until I explained to him what I actually meant...

I love this acronym from Jeff Novick. People can get really hung up on the definition of "processed food", and which ones are acceptable on the program and which ones are not. So Jeff has a thread that explains what he means called CRAP: The Illusion and Delusion of Healthy Processed Foods.

PS. Here is another thread from Jeff that I also think is valuable when trying to figure out where you should focus your efforts: The Real Dirty Dozen: The 12 Deadliest Lifestyle Factors.

Alright, now onto the tally:

Here are the results for the first week in July:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, July 14th, 2017

Total group loss reported in 2017: 502.36 pounds

July 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2017: 137.25 pounds
Total group loss in February 2017: 102.91 pounds
Total group loss in March 2017: 111.3 pounds
Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Total group loss in May 2017: 41.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2017: 44.4 pounds
Total group loss in July 2017: 8.6 pounds

Week ending 07/07/2017: 23 participants reported a total loss of 8.6 pounds
---------------------------------------
Svenja - 2.0
Starbright831 - 4.0
Total gains: 6.0
Mich0422 - 0.0
Silver - 6.6
Lyndzie - 0.0
Emily 0.0
Mom+Me - 0.0
Maddiek -0.0
Doni085 - 0.0
LMZaninovich - 0.0
JodiSol - 0.0
Scialabba - 0.0
Suey51 - 1.2
Belcimo - 1.6
Galooop - 0.6
Yomom - 2.0
BMcCloud - 0.0
Qwerty988 - 0.0
Sarabee - 0.0
LadyM - 1.0
Darcin - 0.0
Cambitsgirl - 1.6
amandamechele - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 14.6
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in July 2017: 8.6 pounds
Week ending 07/07/2017: 23 participants reported a total loss of 8.6 pounds
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:10 am

Svenja - Congratulations! You must feel wonderful to have gotten through that portion of your studies successfully. Additional congratulations for the opening of your practice. Wow! Busy week.

Dee - LOL! I will forever picture you as a red and black plaid wearing lumberjack with an axe in one hand and a tomato sandwich in the other...too funny! Let us know how the transition continues to go. I find it so interesting to hear about how others fare when reintroducing foods. We are all so different, and what can be simple and non-problematic for one person can be a recipe for disaster for another. Best wishes this week! (Tomato sandwiches have been my favourite food for as long as I can remember, even from before becoming plant based....yum...but alas something I am unable to eat at this point in my journey) :)

darcin - Welcome! We are happy to have you join us. You have a very valuable resource in your Star McDougaller friend. Use his example and advise to the fullest extent possible. It is very exciting and you will see results, especially if you stick as closely to the guidelines as you can. Best wishes this week!

Oh Dea, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. What a week you must have had. :( I hope the fact that he is home now means good things for his recovery prognosis. Don't be too hard on yourself while going through all of these changes and extra stress. Do your best to stick with easy and familiar meals and recipes. Even something as easy as microwaved rice, canned beans and frozen veggies with a few spices can be delicious and very quick to make. When I am really stressed and know I am going to snack more often than usual I keep baby baked potatoes on hand as well as a slow cooker of oatmeal. Really satisfying and filling; I may not lose weight if I am relying really heavily on those comfort items, but I also won't gain weight or get myself stuck in the Pleasure Trap because of them either. I am sending you a very big virtual hug. Do you have any family support?

Carol - Wonderful news! Have a great week yourself. :)
amandamechele

Postby Maddiek » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 am

I unfortunately have been experiencing an abcessed tooth for 6 days and did not post Friday but it would have been my "0" week (Week 1) I plan to post this upcoming Friday.Have not been eating much with this pain! Regarding bread:My husband loves to bake whole wheat bread and it becomes my "snack" food.. I will eat it just because it is there,sometimes.. I go to it first for nibbles and i just eat too much. Instead,I am putting the bread where I cannot see it and I PLAN my in between snacks now:usually fruit.Cut up melons or a slliced apple or peach. I do eat more than 2 pcs. of fruit per day soetimes,Probably 3 but it's better than loading up on bread when hungry.I also find eating a small maybe 1/2 cup of cold rice with a splash of almond milk is a good snack.If I eat 3 meals and a PLANNED snack in between I usually don't get hungry. Sometimes I save part of my lunch for the 43:30 PM snack. I do better with a regimen than "free form" eating.So I am getting back to that.This week with tooth pain have just been eating soups out of a can,sadly.Split pea, vegetable, and plain veggie broth.Applesauce.Next week should be better. We feel so much healthier on McDougall plan. I know the weight will reduce more quickly if I am just a bit more careful and follow the groups guidelines..so I am going to! Thanks for support!
Maddiek

Postby Maddiek » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:55 am

Excuse typos.Still having some pain issues!
Maddiek

Postby ANNAUK » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:32 pm

4 weeks in a row no loss for me. Seem to be stuck big time. Feeling deflated. Have serious back pain since my baby 10 months ago so no sleep from the pain. Trying to get motivated and break the cycle of sleep no exercise no energy but its hard. Sorry to rant. Onwards and downwards for this week xxx
ANNAUK

Postby Suey51 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 am

starbright831 so sorry to hear about your husband, hope he's recovering well x
Suey51

Postby Emily » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks for counting me! I weighed Friday, but that was my starting weight, so obviously no loss yet. ;-) Will give my first number on Friday. :)

Emily
Emily

Postby ANNAUK » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:54 pm

2lb loss this week !!!! Been intermittent fasting think that's the key to breaking my plateau. Xxxxxxxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 am

Happy Friday everyone! :-D

I'm up +3.2 pounds this week :eek:

Not thrilled -- but I've seen this happen before when I start hardcore exercising, especially working with weights. I'm not seeing a gain in my measurements and honestly I FEEL lighter, so I'm just going to *not* freak out about this and assume it's temporary. If this extra gain doesn't drop off by my next 2-week weigh-in, I'll consider doing a MM to shake things up. But honestly, I feel great so I'd rather just keep going along as I've been. So that's what I'm going to do!

Welcome to all the new members -- and I hope everyone's enjoying their summer!

:)
Qwerty988

Postby Suey51 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:46 am

Hello everyone,

I'm down 0.6 pounds this week. Its been a good week exercise-week, but I've had off-program food on a few days, so I'm grateful to be reporting any loss :)

Hope you all have a great weekend x
Suey51

Postby darcin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 am

Good morning. No weight loss this week. Still at 158. Figuring out that I really do need to start my meals with soup or salad. My husband said to be patient I will soon see results from my efforts.
darcin

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:53 am

Hi all. I'm down -.5.

First, I navigated the Fourth of July fairly well. Then, I was in Florida for the weekend and was ASTONISHED at how hard it was to find suitable food. It really surprised me, because I'm in Indiana and can easily navigate most restaurants here, and this place is by no means a progressive state in most aspects. I'm suppose to go back to Florida for a week in October and now am a little nervous. I've heard that there is wonderful food in Anna Maria, but this was also from an obese person, so I'm a little worried.

Then, I get home from Florida and my husband is refinishing our kitchen countertops and I haven't had a kitchen to cook in for 5 days. I am so looking forward to making a simple batch of soup and some beans and rice! Good luck to everyone else.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program