July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Qwerty988 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 am

What a gorgeous plate of food!!

Suey51 wrote:We have a small glut of courgette / zucchini at the allotment so I have been trying out some new recipes to use them up. Does anyone have any favourite ones?

For zucchini, I really like to use it as a base for creamy ranch-style salad dressing. Just peel a few of them and blend them up with some garlic, a few dates, vinegar, onion powder, salt & pepper and dill. Usually I'll throw in a small cold peeled potato or a chunk of tofu to thicken it up.

I also like to add grated raw zucchini to salads. :)
Qwerty988

Postby Suey51 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:57 am

Suey51 wrote:We have a small glut of courgette / zucchini at the allotment so I have been trying out some new recipes to use them up. Does anyone have any favourite ones?

Qwerty988 wrote:For zucchini, I really like to use it as a base for creamy ranch-style salad dressing. Just peel a few of them and blend them up with some garlic, a few dates, vinegar, onion powder, salt & pepper and dill. Usually I'll throw in a small cold peeled potato or a chunk of tofu to thicken it up.

I also like to add grated raw zucchini to salads. :)

Many thanks Qwerty988 :-D

Great idea about adding zucchini to salads, I've used some yellow zucchini in today's lunchtime salad :) Not sure what it says about my cooking but I think I prefer them raw!

The salad dressing sounds delicious. When I locate some onion powder or work out a substitute I'll definitely give it a go :)
Suey51

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Svenja wrote:Sorry!

I am late!

But I have no gain or loss ...

I hurt my knee a few weeks ago ... so I didn't bike to work and cut down on exercising.
Hope it will get better sooooon!

Have a gerat week everyone!

Blessings,
Svenja.

Hi Svenja,

I will add you to the list. I hope your knee feels better soon. Have a great week yourself!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Emily wrote:Thank you for your support, amandamechele. :)

My pleasure Emily. :-D
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm

katcrave wrote:Hi,

I missed the first couple weeks of July but I would like to weigh in each Friday. I have been to a 3 day seminar and following McDougall eating guidelines. I would like to get my weight loss going by using maximum weight loss guidelines and calorie density. :)

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Welcome and we are very happy to have you join us. Which 3 day did you attend? How did you like it?
Looking forward to hearing about how your week has gone on Friday.

Amy
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Suey51 wrote:Thanks Amy, as always, for your advice and support :-) And thanks for the pic, your meal looks really delicious and what a wonderful view!

We had my step-daughter's graduation from university yesterday which was wonderful. We were away from home for a couple of days so happy to be back home now with my kitchen and garden :)

Having another go at the photo loading today..... this is a summer salad I made for lunch with veggies from the garden. I love the colour and flavour of the nasturium flowers :-)
I'm using up some old couscous which I don't think counts as a whole food, but I don't like throwing food away. Also added some tinned butter beans, which I've grown to like just as they are during the last few weeks. In the past I would have only had legumes made into a dish with other ingredients.

We have a small glut of courgette / zucchini at the allotment so I have been trying out some new recipes to use them up. Does anyone have any favourite ones?

Hope everyone is having a good week x

Sue,

I'm so glad you decided to have another go with photo loading. What a beautiful meal! Are those nasturtiums?
I also have developed a new appreciation for butter beans; as a kid I used to pick them out of our frozen mixed veggies.
What I haven't developed a new appreciation for is zucchini; I'm sorry I cannot suggest any recipes that I have actually taste tested.
Here are some of the McDougall's recipes that contain zucchini:
Sherried Rice
Vegetable Orzo
Garden Vegetable Stew
Zucchini and Corn Salsa
Greek Stuffed Peppers

Plus so many more...here are the search results for "zucchini" in the McDougall recipe tab
amandamechele

Postby Suey51 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 am

amandamechele wrote:
Sue,

I'm so glad you decided to have another go with photo loading. What a beautiful meal! Are those nasturtiums?
I also have developed a new appreciation for butter beans; as a kid I used to pick them out of our frozen mixed veggies.
What I haven't developed a new appreciation for is zucchini; I'm sorry I cannot suggest any recipes that I have actually taste tested.
Here are some of the McDougall's recipes that contain zucchini:
Sherried Rice
Vegetable Orzo
Garden Vegetable Stew
Zucchini and Corn Salsa
Greek Stuffed Peppers

Plus so many more...here are the search results for "zucchini" in the McDougall recipe tab

Amy,

Thanks so much for all the links, I shall have a look at those this afternoon :) (Silly me, I didn't think of searching in the recipe section here!)
Yes, they are nasturtiums. We grew some a couple of years ago in our veggie patch and a couple of plants appeared there this year. Decided to leave them there as they are so pretty; the flowers and small leaves go well in a salad.

Was back late for lunch today so made a very quick salad and ate it while waiting for some new/baby potatoes to cook. Sliced raw zucchini, sliced ripe tomato, butter beans, and some random salad leaves left over from yesterday. And served with Jane Essesltyn's 321 dressing (3 parts balsamic vinegar, 2 parts Dijon mustard, 1 part maple syrup). I'm not a massive fan of zucchini, but this tasted very good. Or maybe I was just super hungry :wink:

Are you still on your trip? Where are you this week?

x
Suey51

Postby Suey51 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 am

Hello everyone,

I'm down 1.2 pounds this week :)

Best wishes x
Suey51

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:17 am

Happy Friday everyone! :-D

I don't know what caused that sudden 3 lbs weight gain last week, I'm just glad most of it is gone!

Down -2.6 pounds this week.

:)
Qwerty988

Postby darcin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:02 am

Still at 158. Too much grains and not enough plants. Will keep trying.
darcin

Postby galooop » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 am

Lost 0.6 LBS
Little by little...

Going out of town for a week. Won't be by my scale for weighing in next Friday.
Hope I can keep it together while I'm away.

Everybody have a great day!
:-) Chris
galooop

Postby sarabee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 am

Lost 2 pounds this week. It is amazing how just knowing that I will be "weighing in" on Friday has kept me from eating outside my veggie-starch-fruit plan. Also, following the intermittent fasting keeps me from snacking in the evenings which makes a big difference too. I am 3 pounds away from breaking a barrier I haven't broken in 23 years. My goal is to lose those 3 pounds and 10 more to be at a healthy weight for my height. I am so encouraged. Thank you, Amandamechele and everyone who is posting; it is very encouraging to hear about your on-going efforts and to be part of the group.
sarabee

Postby Waterfit » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 am

Today I weighed 129 and am ready to join again. I keep coming and going, but hope to finally stick. I would like to lose 25 lbs.
Waterfit

Postby Silver » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 pm

I lost 2.2 pounds this week.

It was a tough week, life got in the way so I am surprised that I lost any. I worked 6 days last week and spent the 7th with my 87 year old Mom. I didn't get meals preplanned so it was hit and miss all week. I ended up eating some bread as well as going off plan when I ate out about three times. The good thing is I didn't let my perfectionism get in the way this time. Usually in the past when I would eat out, I would be so upset at not being perfect I'd end up getting something that was WAY off plan, because the diet was already ruined. This time, I chose the best I could and used portion control when eating out. (No dairy or animal products, but did have some vegan food containing oil, I'm sure)

Mid week I ended up in the Emergency Hospital with Kidney Stones. I have never had this problem before so it worried me 2 1/2 weeks into this plan that it would happen. I don't know if it was my body detoxing or if I had too many beans (protein).

Have a great week everyone! Silver
Last edited by Silver on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver

Postby cambitsgirl » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi everyone! Sorry I did not check in last week. It's been a busy summer. I have lost 4 pounds since my last check in. Hope everyone has a great week!

Carol
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program