When Will I Learn?????

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

When Will I Learn?????

Postby grannylut » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:36 pm

So... I have posted before but am somewhat chagrined to realize it has been too, too long. Instead of sharing my successes, I have used the board to focus on any negatives I have experienced. So on the positive side, I have lost over 65 lbs. in the past year and 1/2. This has occurred while undergoing a knee replacement and two revision surgeries (which were as bad as, if not worse than, the original replacement). In general, I have been feeling great, except for the awful knee pain which has been a constant.

Why is it that as soon as I let my guard down and eat the refined carbs, it is like a drug addict with their drug of choice. Last night, I allowed myself a few pretzels. I had gone too long without eating and didn't plan appropriately. Well, I got through the whole day but just now (it is 4:30 my time) I age almost a bag of pretzels and a whole, very large New York Bagel! So, by sitting down and writing this post, I am committing to two things: I will be active on this board and contribute anything I can. I am also committing to giving up the flour products. Not only is it not on the MWL program, but it is like opening a pandora's box to me. I do not have any desire for chocolates or sweets. However, anything with flour (and especially yeast) and I am led astray.

I will keep on posting and thank you for listening.
grannylut

Re: When Will I Learn?????

Postby rickfm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Bread and pasta are definitely trigger foods for me.

And, I too, have not been very active on this forum for a long time. It's good to be back. :D
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Re: When Will I Learn?????

Postby petmomful » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Glad you guys are back! I have a few triggers as well. Don't give me any red licorice, or I am toast! (no pun intended.)
petmomful

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program