June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby belcimo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:35 am

Down 3.8 lbs this week; now at 248.8 lbs.
If you want to count my complete weight loss since starting MMWL two weeks ago, it's 7.6 lbs.

You know, I never really believed it when avid McDougallers said I wouldn't want the greasy fried "regular" foods after a while. But, sure enough, I drove by a food place yesterday, smelled whatever meat or fish they were frying, started to swoon in delight but then quickly got turned off by the grease smell. At this point, just knowing "McDougall's Revenge" will hit if I indulge keeps me on program.

My dad insists on going out to lunch today; I'm a little nervous. I'm going to fill up on potatoes before we go and get a salad wherever we end up. He's such a foodie, and I'm such a "Papi Pleaser" -- I hope I don't disappoint him by not eating/trying what he's eating. Sigh.

Healthy Wishes to All,
Bel
belcimo

Postby Starchyme » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 am

Hi, just joining in. Lost 1 lb in 2 weeks. 9 more to go.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby bmccloud » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:10 am

I've had some ups and downs; my net for the week is down .5 pounds.

bmccloud

Postby galooop » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 am

oops!
Gained 1 LB this week
that's ok - will still stay on track, because I do feel much better!

:-) Chris
galooop

Postby Waterfit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am

My weight today is 132.5 which is a 3.5 weight loss from last week. :)
Waterfit

Postby Yomom » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:39 am

I have gained two pounds, am now 150 again. I was away for two weeks on vacation but am now back to compliant eating habits.
Kathy
Yomom

Postby verovegan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 pm

I lost 2 lbs.

My weight is now 247 lbs.
verovegan

Postby anne57 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Loralei » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Well....another gain of 1.7 lbs. Here we are half way through the year and summertime. I thought by joining this group and being accountable that I would have had the fortitude to stick with the MWL program. But I find myself doing the same thing as I always do...yo-yoing up and down and getting no where. I must say on a positive note that now I really think twice when I have a craving for my favorite foods of baked goods and cheese. I stop myself and think... do I really want to have sugar and dairy which are so bad for my health? So for the most part I am sticking with the McDougall plan...just not the maximum weight loss part. So I guess it's time for me to stop posting here. It has been a pleasure to be part of all the participants' journeys. Best of luck to everyone. Thank you, Amy for all of your support and hard work. Wishing you health and happiness and a speedy and complete recovery for your son.
Loralei

Postby starbright831 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm up 1 lb. this week. Father's Day through me off and once off, it seemed to give me license to do it again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Hope to do better next time.
Dea
starbright831

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Bel - Welcome back! Congratulations on 2 great weeks. We are glad to have you back as well!
How did your lunch with your dad turn out? I understand the feeling of needing to please people. I hope you are able to convince him how much you need his help and support on this. Having my family's support has been so helpful for me, but it certainly took a lot of convincing and talking and just walking the walk to get them to realize that I needed them to not try and tempt me off plan because much of the time they would succeed and that would keep me forever struggling.
Even if lunch didn't go as you hoped, please come back and just start at it again!

Starchyme - Yes! You are 10% finished. Woot woot!

BMcCloud - I'm sorry to hear that it's been a tough week. Anything we can help with through a lively discussion and a few colourful photos? It's great that you managed to continue to lose, even while struggling.

Chris - Great attitude! It is so true, eating the MWL plan feels really good. When I've eaten really well for long stretches and then wander off plan I feel really terrible, so quickly. Then a general feeling of malaise settles in if I continue to eat poorly. I think this is what many people feel like every single day and don't even realize that they could feel so much better.

Sue - Thank you, and welcome home. I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable vacation and managed to find many meals that were on plan, and mostly it's great to hear that you never stopped trying to find them. Your garden sounds lovely! I have a bit of garden envy, as I live in a condo.
Also, thank you for posting the inspiring quote. I couldn't agree more. All successes come from continuing to strive even after many many challenges. All the best to you this week as well.

Qwerty988 - Thank you for checking in. Have a great week.

Waterfit - Wow, what a great week! Congratulations on your diligence. Happy dance time.

Kathy - Welcome back from vacation. I hope you had a lovely time. Welcome back to compliant eating as well. :)

verovegan - Wonderful loss! Best wishes for the coming week.

Anne - Thank you. He was such a brave little guy when he got the staples out. He's got a crusty hair-covered scar, but otherwise is non the worse for wear.
Best wishes this week. I find following a night time stop-eating time very effective for weight loss. It can be difficult especially if, like me, you like to snack while reading, surfing the internet or watching tv. One thing that I have found helps is sipping tea or sparkling water. Or if you just need something - crunch on raw veggies.
I'm glad you are focusing on what you did right this week too. Congratulations for keeping to your planned menu!

Loralei - Thank you for thinking of my son. I'm glad you are seeing some progress with cheese and junk food (recognizing what you are doing right!!)
I understand why you want to stop posting, but do hope you will reconsider, or at least keep us on your mind for a future date. I struggle exactly the same way and am also not consistently eating MWL. But, it is always my intent to, and so I keep posting here. It keeps me thinking about it, even when I'm not doing it. It also keeps me from veering so far off the McDougall regular plan that I gain back all of my lost weight. I mean, I feel indulgent eating whole wheat pasta with oil-free marinara, or whole wheat bread and jelly...lol. That is fabulous! It's not unmentionable junk or unmentionable drive-thru meals. If this is truly frustrating you and making you feel bad, please do take some time. But...I hope to see you back if you wish to be. XO

Dea - Isn't that darn Pleasure Trap the worst? Have you watched Dr Lisle's How to Lose Weight without Losing your Mind?

Getting back on track can mean a few days of discomfort and struggling, but after that the cravings will lessen. Best wishes this week.
amandamechele

Postby Svenja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Good Morning!

I am down 2 pounds!

And I got word, that I passed the written part of my senior bodyworker training. And all my papers (case studies etc.) got accepted :D
This ist one big stepp forward!

Next week Thursday to Sunday I'll have the practical exam ... oh dear! I am a little nervous!!!
... and I won't be able to post my weight, as I'll be staying at the training base.

One other exciting news:
I'll have a little opening ceremony at my new practice on Wednesday!
... still a million litte projects to take care of, but all the major works are done!

I invited all my regular clients, family and a few others ... I like the idea to have it all set up before I drive to the exam :)
Hope it will all work out ... a ton of things to do or look after till Wednesday ...

Summer is taking a break here ...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Svenja
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby rickfm » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:32 am

Sorry for missing last week. Spaced it out.

I'm still struggling with this, TBH. The past couple of weeks have been up and down and... well, I'm up 4 lbs over those two weeks. Not giving up, though. Going to double my efforts and hope for a good report next week.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby LadyM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:51 am

Hi everyone:

I am down 1.2 lbs. this week. :)

After doing the up down, up down with 5 lbs. for 7 months this loss is wonderful. For those of us that are struggling, hang in there it will get better. I have been doing this for over 7 years (not always 100%) and the loss has been very slow but I refuse to give up. We have control of our bodies and control of our mouths. We especially have control of what we put into it. I am constantly self talking to myself about my food choices and if they are good for me. Most of the time I win but sometimes I don't. I forgive myself for not listening to the angel on my shoulder and I do better the next meal. We CAN do this.

I hope everyone has a great week.

LadyM
(Dee)
LadyM

Postby rickfm » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:37 pm

LadyM wrote:After doing the up down, up down with 5 lbs. for 7 months this loss is wonderful. For those of us that are struggling, hang in there it will get better. I have been doing this for over 7 years (not always 100%) and the loss has been very slow but I refuse to give up. We have control of our bodies and control of our mouths. We especially have control of what we put into it. I am constantly self talking to myself about my food choices and if they are good for me. Most of the time I win but sometimes I don't. I forgive myself for not listening to the angel on my shoulder and I do better the next meal. We CAN do this.

Thank you, Dee. That was both comforting and encouraging. :)
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program