June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby cambitsgirl » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am

Hello, Hope everyone is having a great week. :) I wasn't able to post last week (very busy week for me). We had a huge training last weekend along with a lot of 911 calls. I am posting first thing this morning because this weekend will probably be the same.

I am down 5.4 pounds over the past two weeks, sitting at 205.4. So close to getting under the 200's! Can't wait. :)

Carol
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby rickfm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 pm

I have discovered that I like Brussels Sprouts dipped in mustard. :shock:

~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Svenja - Thank you for the well wishes! I have never been to Sweden or Norway, but I imagine they are lovely. You definitely sound crazy-busy...but you can handle it!

Anna - Thanks Anna. Crackers and fruit are great choices for the kids. What kinds of things can you cook over a campfire? Did you even cook over a campfire...lol? I'm intrigued. I'm thinking veggie skewers, baked potatoes in foil, maybe a pot of beans. You are a brave soul to camp McDougall style with a BABY too!

Kathy - Thank you for the invitation! It was great seeing you! XO

Rick - Your lunch looks delicious! Please post more pics. I think everyone loves to see how we eat.

Sue - Thank you, it has been a wonderful time. Rest, reflect, explore and spend a whole bunch of time together, those are my vacation goals (no, I don't really have vacation goals...lol). Regarding this week's lack of loss, next week can be better. As Dr. McDougall says Its the food!

Chris - You're welcome. I'm so glad you found it helpful. Congratulations on your loss this week! Wonderful news. I'm wishing you a great healthy holiday weekend, as well.

Anne - Congratulations on the loss! Best wishes for the week to you too.

Qwerty988 - You'll take that weight back off no problem. The more quickly you get back on track, the better. That way you won't end up too deeply in Dr. Lisle's Pleasure Trap. I had gotten myself in pretty deep this month, but have managed to get back on track. You've got this! Let us know if you end up doing a Mary's Mini.

Belinda - Ok, bad news there was a gain. Good news, you know what to do to change it. I'm happy to hear you are journaling and looking it over. Good luck this weekend in Baltimore! Make the best choices you can. :) I'm travelling right now too and it can be done! It's actually making me realize how much tastier my food at home is because of the limitations of what a restaurant has or will prepare without oil. Good luck this weekend, I'm sending you my willpower-mojo! There will be many temptations I'm sure.

Rick - Woo hoo! Great week for you. I'm glad your finding success here again and posting more photos!! I have also discovered a new love of mustard while eating this way. And there are so many types of mustard to choose from. My current favourite is Dijon. Do you have a particular favourite?

Dea - That stone was gushing blood this week. Fantastic job! I'm so glad you've discovered what was stalling your loss. Removing bread can be a great way to lower your overall caloric density! Everyone who struggles and can't figure out why they aren't losing weight can learn so much by doing these little experiments with themselves.

Carol - We missed you last week! Thanks for checking in early this week. Great loss, you must be very happy with yourself and all of the great choices you made in the past two weeks. Yay!

Everyone - I'm going to post the new July thread later tonight. If you haven't posted this week's weigh-in yet, please post it here in the June thread (even though It will already be July) Thank you!
amandamechele

Postby LadyM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 am

Hello everyone:

I am down .4 lbs. this week. It's not much but it's going in the right direction. The closer to goal weight the slower the loss. :nod:

Amanda what a great looking family you all are. You all look happy and healthy. Your little one looks to be healing well from his accident and visit to the hospital. His healing so fast must be from all those great veggies and delicious fruits you give to him. :-)
Your vacation sounds like your having fun and making some great memories.

I want to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Safe 4th of July.

LadyM
(Dee)
LadyM

Postby Yomom » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Ugh, I am up a further 2 pounds, now 152.
Yomom

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello Gang!

Well, that is it for June! We've been lucky enough to have 5 Fridays this month to get ourselves on track, and boy did we get on track this week. :nod: Thank you to everyone who weighed in this week.
I'm so glad when I hear from each of you. The camaraderie of this group is very important to me. In order to stay engaged and thinking about eating healthfully we need community. We need advice when struggling. We need recognition when succeeding. We need someone to care while we keep trying to do this difficult thing we are trying to do. We also need a safe place to come back to when we have wandered away for awhile. We need each other!

This week, during my road-trip I got a chance to have lunch with someone from this very community (and a few other McDougallers too). I met with Kathy (Yomom) and some others that I attended a McDougall 10-day program with. We caught up over lunch, and discussed all of the things that we discuss here on the boards, but in person. It was lovely! Thank you for travelling so far to see us Kathy. Thank you also for the great hiking recommendations. :)

Here are some pictures of a very happy Kathy and I, eating at a delicious vegetarian restaurant in Denver CO, who worked very hard to accommodate our maximum weight loss meal request. (Also pictured is another friend, Petra, and her progress thus far)
This week I am very grateful for having all of you as a part of my community!
I hope to see you in the July thread.
Back to what we are all here for:

Here are the results for the fifth week in June:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, July 7th, 2017

Total group loss reported in 2017: 493.76 pounds

June 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2017: 137.25 pounds
Total group loss in February 2017: 102.91 pounds
Total group loss in March 2017: 111.3 pounds
Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Total group loss in May 2017: 41.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2017: 44.4 pounds

Week ending 06/30/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 12.2 pounds
---------------------------------------
Qwerty988 - 1.0
Belcimo - 1.2
Yomom - 2.0
Total gains: 4.2
Anne57 - 1.6
Suey51 - 0.0
Galooop - 1.8
rickfm - 4.2
Starbright831 - 3.0
Cambitsgirl - 5.4
LadyM - 0.4
amandamechele - 0.0
Svenja - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 16.4
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in June 2017: 44.4 pounds
Week ending 06/30/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 12.2 pounds
Week ending 06/23/2017: 16 participants reported a total loss of 5.3 pounds
Week ending 06/16/2017: 12 participants reported a total loss of 3.6 pounds
Week ending 06/09/2017: 14 participants reported a total loss of 10.4 pounds
Week ending 06/02/2017: 19 participants reported a total loss of 12.9 pounds
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Dee - Every little step counts. Congratulations on your loss. Keep at it! Thank you, my family is pretty awesome. :)
I am shocked at how resilient kids are. Even though we have 4 kids this was the first time any of them had an accident. He is totally back to normal other than a healing scar on the back of his head. I can't believe this was him just a few weeks ago:

Kathy - Boo to that old scale! You'll get back to it, just like you always do. Thank you for continuing to keep track with me here. XO
amandamechele

Postby ANNAUK » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Missed weigh in last Friday but I was the same anyway :( everyone did so well !! What an inspiration !!!! I've been using rice like its going out of fashion !!! So quick easy and versatile !
Planning our next camping trip asap. We just make pasta and sandwiches with salad or a one pot stew. Made my own we Iran this week for the family. Had a bit but high caloric density.
Anyone else's partner not feeling the healthy eating vibe? I'm finding their bad habits and choices are pushing me to look and feel great. Sounds weird maybe?
Xxx
ANNAUK

Postby ANNAUK » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:07 pm

ANNAUK wrote:Missed weigh in last Friday but I was the same anyway :( everyone did so well !! What an inspiration !!!! I've been using rice like its going out of fashion !!! So quick easy and versatile !
Planning our next camping trip asap. We just make pasta and sandwiches with salad or a one pot stew. Made my own we Iran this week for the family. Had a bit but high caloric density.
Anyone else's partner not feeling the healthy eating vibe? I'm finding their bad habits and choices are pushing me to look and feel great. Sounds weird maybe?
Xxx

Seitan not Iran !
ANNAUK

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program