April 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weighing in for the last week of April

Postby dbassett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi, I'm just joining the weigh-in and will continue moving forward.

So count me at a baseline of 0 this week, and I hope to have something good to report next week.

Thanks
Diane
dbassett

Re: April 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

Postby LadyM » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 am

Good morning everyone:

I am down 1.4 pounds this week. :-D Exactly 1 pound to go to get to the next goal on my list.

Amanda thank you for the birthday wish. I had a good day and talked my friend into going to a tea shop for tastings instead of out to lunch. Still need to have dinner on Sunday with my family as long as the weather holds out. Calling for heavy rains and high winds with possible tornadoes. You got to love the south!

I mentioned 2 weeks ago that I was going to the library for a discussion on the Forks over Knives film. Well I went and was the only one that showed up. There was a lady there who was starting a new business in town call "Health Style" a lifestyle medicine. It's not alternative medicine but an alternative approach. She was pushing Paleo not WFPB approach. She is charging $150.00 for a 50 minute visit. :eek: I wish her luck. I also found out that there is a restaurant in town that is Paleo and advertises as such. No wonder Alabama is #2 on the most obese list of all the states.

Today the library is trying again by offering a discussion on sickness around the world and should the US be looking into foreign health care systems to be used here. I HOPE someone other than myself shows up. We shall see.

Have a great week everyone and we will see you all in May..

Dee :D
LadyM

Postby mreneestokes » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:24 am

Hi,
I haven't been doing this program or weighed in awhile. Life got super crazy. Decided to get back to it.
Just weighed myself at 170.

Thanks
Michele
mreneestokes

Postby cambitsgirl » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 pm

I am a zero this week. It's that time of the month. :(

I probably should weigh less often. In the past I didn't weight myself very often and ended up gaining weight because I wasn't paying attention and let things slide too much. I decided I needed to focus on myself and started out this time writing down In my journal how overweight I am daily so that I have no excuses to make bad decisions. It does make me think. However the roller coaster is a little much. I do like watching small progress each day though. I took my measurements and those are going down which is encouraging. I know the scale is not an accurate account of what changes are happening. I feel smaller and so much better. That makes it worth the effort. I heard Chef AJ talk about eating veggies for breakfast. I like eating kale first thing in the morning, but tried to eat a sweet potato (roasted) with veggies this morning and did not enjoy that at all. First meal I have had to force myself to eat. I don't think I am ready for that yet lol.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby amandamechele » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello Gang,

Great effort this month from everyone! I think we may all be in need of some inspiration.
Does anyone have a favourite webinar they would like to share?
I've been thinking a lot about how to continue to keep my/our focus on following MWLP guidelines, even in the face of acute disruptions, declining interest, diminishing returns, personality parameters or decision fatigue from battling the ubiquitous and unfriendly food environment. There is a never-ending list of ways to be pulled off of this path.
I know I've been mentioning it a lot this month, but for me it keeps coming back to finding interpersonal support. Whether that's online, like here, or in-person, such as a potluck group or family members, having something or someone that keeps you engaged will help you continue to focus and remember your goals, even when life feels like it is conspiring against you. Glenn's kind post in response to my small struggle made me feel just a bit better which then helped lead me to making better choices later. I have experienced so many examples of people on these forums helping me, offering support and advice, I can't even begin to thank them all - but I am very thankful for them just the same.
If you feel like you need a little something more than just the weekly weigh-in, try to find your favourite place to hang out on the forums as a starter - with the people eating this way whom you most identify with and you may just develop the community you need to keep going. There are forums for many different interests and subjects, even those deemed a taboo for polite in-person conversation. :unibrow: There's a little something for everyone, so don't be shy; explore!

Thank you for spending yet another month with me while we try and get this thing right!
I hope to see you all in the May 2017 thread next week! I'll post a link here after I've got it up.

Amy. :)

Here are the results for the last week in April:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, May 5th, 2017

April 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss reported in 2017: 407.56 pounds
Total group loss in January 2017: 137.25 pounds
Total group loss in February 2017: 102.91 pounds
Total group loss in March 2017: 111.3 pounds
Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Week ending 04/28/2017: 16 participants reported a total loss of -0.7 pounds

---------------------------------------
Yomom - 2.0
Anna - 2.0
Total gains: 4.0
Qwerty988 - 0.2
BMcCloud - 1.0
ForestGoddess - 0.0
Galooop - 0.0
Hazelrah - 0.0
Anne57 - 0.0
Loralei - 0.1
Polly - 0.6
dbassett - 0.0
LadyM - 1.4
mreneestokes - 0.0
cambitsgirl - 0.0
amandamechele - 0.0
Svenja - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 3.3
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Week ending 04/28/2017: 16 participants reported a total loss of -0.7 pounds
Week ending 04/21/2017: 17 participants reported a total loss of 17.4 pounds
Week ending 04/14/2017: 25 participants reported a total loss of 22.4 pounds
Week ending 04/07/2017: 29 participants reported a total loss of 17.0 pounds

(Edited to add 1 participant)
Last edited by amandamechele on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Polly - You had a loss, wonderful! Real life is beckoning...lol...

Diane - Welcome! I'm glad you are joining us. When will your potluck group be meeting? Are you hosting it? I'm sure you will have good things to report on Friday.

Dee - Congratulations on your loss and for working so diligently to get to your goal. I look forward to celebrating it. Tea tastings...what a wonderful idea instead of going out to lunch. That sounds like such fun! So do all of your library gatherings. It's too bad you are the only one showing up. Are they well advertised? I wonder how that Paleo-coach will do? That seems expensive to me, but maybe I'm just really cheap and spoiled by all the freebies that the McDougalls provide right here...lol...

Welcome Michele! I'm glad you are back. See you on Friday in the May thread (or before that if you have any questions or feel like a gab. :)

cambitsgirl - How often are you weighing yourself? Definitely weigh less if you think it will make you feel better, but won't give you a reason to lessen your vigilance. It's great that you are noticing positive changes in other ways...woo hoo...that is encouraging. I am also doing the veggies for breakfast/brunch thing. I enjoy it more than I thought I would. What are your favourite greens?
amandamechele

Postby Svenja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 am

... sorry! I am late!

I remain at 242 lbs ... so no loss or gain for me.

This week my weight ranged from 240 - 244 lbs ... crazy!

In Germany there is a public holiday on Monday ... great long weekend ... time to study and to get my little garden ready!

Have a great Sunday!
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby ANNAUK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Amy
Your inspiration post is much appreciated this has been a long month!!!!! Xxxx
ANNAUK

Postby amandamechele » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Svenja - No worries, I'll update the summary. I hope the weather cooperates for your gardening pans!

Anna - :o XO It has!!

Here is the link to The May 2017 McDougall Weigh-In thread. See you all over there!
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program