April 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: April 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

Postby amandamechele » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Chelsea - I bet October can't come soon enough! Enjoy Vegfest, I'd love to hear all about it, like if there were any cool presentations or presenters.

cambitsgirl - Your scale does sound like a tease...lol! If it's making you feel terrible I'd suggest weighing yourself less often. That's what I do. I check in here each Friday or Saturday, but if I can't face the scale I mark it as a 0 for the week. It all equals out in the end. You are doing great for how busy your schedule is! Also, thank you! Emergency service workers are often the unacknowledged voice or hands that help get someone through the worst day of their lives..and you are doing it as a volunteer. XO

Anna - Being ill when you have little ones can not be a fun experience. I'm glad you have found something that is helping you get through the day. I will admit to dragging my feet a bit about trying yoga seriously. I did try a version recently called chair yoga. I have read such good things about yoga and meditation...they are both on my list of things to eventually attempt in a serious manner...but in the far distant future. :-) What type of yoga do you take? Are you doing it with a class?
Last edited by amandamechele on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Best wishes for tomorrow and Saturday's weigh in. I look forward to hearing from all of you. :)

My MWLP has been intermittent this week. I fell off track a bit and am in the process of trying to get back to a place where the food isn't beckoning from the pantry to come and eat it. Knowing what usually works best for me doesn't make it any easier a process to get back on track. Tomorrow is one of my kid's birthday and I am going to have to white knuckle it through the party. I regret getting off track, but it's time to face the music!
On another note, but not really, here is something a friend of a friend posted on Facebook that I thought was cute and many of us here may identify with:

Amy
amandamechele

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:11 am

Good morning!

I'm down -0.2 pounds this week. Moving slow, but I'll take it!

I made it through having a friend stay at my house and got some good exercise in during the visit, but I'm off my normal routine and feeling sore and not loving salt-free very much. I'll keep it up a while longer as it's helping me eat more simply, but I don't see this as a permanent way of life.

So grateful for this group! Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead. :)
Qwerty988

Postby bmccloud » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:46 am

Down one pound.

bmccloud

Postby GlennR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 am

amandamechele wrote:Best wishes for tomorrow and Saturday's weigh in. I look forward to hearing from all of you. :)

My MWLP has been intermittent this week. I fell off track a bit and am in the process of trying to get back to a place where the food isn't beckoning from the pantry to come and eat it. Knowing what usually works best for me doesn't make it any easier a process to get back on track. Tomorrow is one of my kid's birthday and I am going to have to white knuckle it through the party. I regret getting off track, but it's time to face the music!

Glenn
GlennR

Postby Yomom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 am

Hi, I missed the last two weigh-ins because I was away. Back now and UP 2# to 150 lbs. :oops: Too much off-plan eating & drinking.
Yomom

Postby ForestGoddess » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 am

I am still on the 125 lb plateau...no gain or loss again this week...BUT it was a mostly better eating week than I have had recently, so maybe next week will show movement...finally.

Have a great week all!
ForestGoddess

Postby galooop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 am

ZERO this week (sigh!)
oh well, at least I didn't gain
:-) Chris
galooop

Postby hazelrah » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 am

I stayed the same this week(0.0), which, considering the way April has gone, and the fact we had a 3 day weekend with a larger amount of cheating than usual, is a relief. I started a new Job in March, with a driving commute of 2 1/2 hours and my energy expenditure has dropped to about 0. If sitting is the new smoking I'm really in trouble. But I am hopeful I will find a way to incorporate more movement in the not so distant future.

Congratulations to all you losers!

Let's start May off with a bang!

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby anne57 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby ANNAUK » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Up two pound this week. Hoping its just time of the month. Sorry guys x
ANNAUK

Postby Loralei » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 pm

Down .1 lb this week. Which again, I am happy about since I have been off track again this week, too, Amy. Let's have a successful May. Congrats to all the losers in April and to those of us still hanging in there 8)
Loralei

Postby ANNAUK » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 pm

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - I bet October can't come soon enough! Enjoy Vegfest, I'd love to hear all about it, like if there were any cool presentations or presenters.

cambitsgirl - Your scale does sound like a tease...lol! If it's making you feel terrible I'd suggest weighing yourself less often. That's what I do. I check in here each Friday or Saturday, but if I can't face the scale I mark it as a 0 for the week. It all equals out in the end. You are doing great for how busy your schedule is! Also, thank you! Emergency service workers are often the unacknowledged voice or hands that help get someone through the worst day of their lives..and you are doing it as a volunteer. XO

Anna - Being ill when you have little ones can not be a fun experience. I'm glad you have found something that is helping you get through the day. I will admit to dragging my feet a bit about trying yoga seriously. I did try a version recently called chair yoga. I have read such good things about yoga and meditation...they are both on my list of things to eventually attempt in a serious manner...but in the far distant future. :-) What type of yoga do you take? Are you doing it with a class?

Yoga is online one o eight tv. Money goes to animal rescue. Sections on nutrition, meditation, star signs Tec.. and of course yoga. All levels classes are recorded by yoga instructors you can search by duration ability type etc.. I really can't recommend it enough. You can cancel at anytime only $12 a month soooo love it wish I could encourage everyone to give it a go. When I'm on my mat I can spend time on me without feeling guilty. Without setting goals or targets or competition with others or myself. I can just be me relax and feel strong. Size and weight do not exist on the mat I'm so glad I hAve found something to come back to I good and bad times :)

https://oneoeight.com

A massive well done for those of you who have lost this month its been a tough one. Mark I'm feeling your enthusiasm. Here's to May!!!!!
ANNAUK

Postby amandamechele » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Qwerty988 - I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely visit with your friend. Best wishes to you this week in getting back to a routine that feels right for you! Salt free is not for everyone, it can take a number of months before your palette adjusts. :)

BMcCloud - Congratulations!

Glenn - You are so kind. :) Thank you.

Kathy - Welcome back, I hope you had an enjoyable sabbatical.

ForestGoddess - I'm so happy for you with regards to feeling like you're doing better this week. Maybe next week will be the one! XO

Chris - At least you didn't gain, that's the spirit. :) Best hopes to you for next week.

Mark - That's a very long drive. I hope you are enjoying your new job, commute not withstanding and find some time for some exercise that you enjoy. I agree, let's start May off with a bang!

Anne - Best wishes for your upcoming tests. I hope you are able to stay on track, the best that you can. What kind of allergies do you suspect (if I may ask)?

Anna - No need to be sorry. :) You'll feel much lighter next week.

Loralei - I agree let's have a successful May together. Thanks for hanging in there with me. :)

Anna (again) - That was beautifully written. It really does sound like you have found an exercise that strengthens your body and feeds your soul. :) Thank you for sharing the information with all of us.

(I just ran this through the preview and realized...that's a lot of smiley faces!) :D :-D :)
amandamechele

Postby Polly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Down .6 this week. Did some off-program eating yesterday and today. Back to real life tomorrow!
Polly
Polly

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program