Can I lose half a stone in a month this way?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Can I lose half a stone in a month this way?

Postby sjbell » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:25 am

Hi - I want to lose half a stone in a month. Any one any tips ? Is it possible if I eat only mwl?
sjbell

Re: Can I lose half a stone in a month this way?

Postby landog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:05 am

sjbell wrote:Hi - I want to lose half a stone in a month. Any one any tips ? Is it possible if I eat only mwl?

It could depend on your current weight, but I can attest that it is not unusual to lose 7 lbs. in a month by following MWL.
landog

Postby donaldpetemc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Certainly if you are 20 or 30 lbs. overweight (or more) you should be able to lose 7 lbs. in the first month. The longer you follow the WOE, and the lighter you become, the slower the weight loss becomes. That's normal.
Anne

donaldpetemc

Postby Dampy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:37 pm

I lost 7 pounds in the first week and I wasn't even over weight to start with. My BMI at that time was 21. I kept on losing weight for nine months till BMI was 17. Weight has stayed at that point for a year now. I do not do MWL and I do eat avocado olive muts and seeds and I use coconut milk regularly because I like creamy dishes.

So it is possible tp lose 7 pounds in a short time.

Oh, and when I go on vacation I usually gain Some weight as a result of off plan eating. I gain about 6, 7 pounds. When I come home and start eating normally, starch solution style, those pounds melt away in about one week.
Dampy

Postby Awkard3 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 am

Yes, I lost 7 pounds in 4 days doing the Mary mini.
Awkard3

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program