Confused about Soya Beans, please clarify.

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Confused about Soya Beans, please clarify.

Postby Cebo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi darlings,

I have been reading a lot in preparation to start with the program. I am a bit confused when it comes to soya (soy), I am getting mixed messages. In some parts of the internet they say it is not good and in some parts, they say it is one of the healthiest beans.

I am asking because I was planning on using soya a lot when I start, so I want to know is it good or bad? Is it good when eaten as beans and bad when processed (tofu etc), or is it just a NO either way?
Healthy, fulfilled and simple life.............One step at a time

http://www.simplelifeofcebo.blogspot.co.za/
Cebo

Re: Confused about Soya Beans, please clarify.

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:36 am

On the Maximum Weight Loss version of the McDougall program - the forum you're posting in - the only soy that is allowed is edamame, the whole soy bean. BUT keep in mind that Dr. McDougall restricts ALL beans and legume to a total of only 1 cup/250 ml per day.

Tofu and tempe products are not allowed on the MWLP but are allowed on the regular version of the program, but would be counted towards the bean daily total. No processed soy products, like tvp or other soy-based meat substitutes, are allowed at all.
VeggieSue

Re: Confused about Soya Beans, please clarify.

Postby Cebo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks a lot. That is simple and clear,just the way I like it.
Healthy, fulfilled and simple life.............One step at a time

http://www.simplelifeofcebo.blogspot.co.za/
Cebo

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program