March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby ANNAUK » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm

3lb loss this week xx
ANNAUK

Postby Heyer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:22 am

0.0 loss/gain this week.
Heyer

Postby DocHCLFvegan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:40 am

0 lbs weight loss to report (weighing every 4 weeks)

I've been traveling the past few days and have had several slip ups. My hope is to not get far off course like the last time I visited my son in Houston. Oatmeal for breakfast will be a good start for today! See you all on the April list!
DocHCLFvegan

Postby Jeepsterhound » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:41 am

I lost 0.5 pounds.
Jeepsterhound

Postby Chelspaz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 am

Not sure if we're still logging in the March thread as it's April 1st but I see that everyone else is so....no loss or gain for me! I'm very happy about this because I was definitely more lax last week. Hoping to get 100% back on the wagon this week! Happy April Fools! :unibrow:
Chelspaz

Postby hazelrah » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 am

Down 3 tenths this week (-0.3). We have one of those Fitbit Avia scales and I weigh myself several times in a row. The results have a range of about a pound and a half and this change is based on the highest (which also happened to be the first) reading. I'm thinking about following somebody else in here who has started weighing once a month, but I also think that the weight gain I had over the holidays happened because I didn't keep close enough tabs on it. So I'm thinking that continuing weekly may be a better option. Not sure how much I believe that weight is as important as I used to, but I kind of see it as a symptom of ill health, and, for that reason it's smart to keep tabs on it. It's the first (or maybe the loudest) cricket that tells you you're going to lose the house in which you are expecting to continue living.

There is a lot more I can do to increase my energy expenditure. These slow, minute losses each week are entirely due to eating. I only, "Run," once a week; the night before the weigh-in, and that's is more of a shuffle at about 13 minutes a mile for about 5 miles. I think if I try to do this more regularly the pace will improve and I will eventually achieve mastery over this crazy maelstrom of gluttony and sloth that have been predominant throughout life. Returning to the work force has mixed effects but has been producing positive results. For some time now, I have been doing a sort of IMF Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't eat until dinner. That's much easier to do with the work schedule, and I also plan out the rest of the work week so that I am pretty compliant. I set out with about a quart of carrots, jicama and watermelon radishes. That container and a Right foods soup cup become my food for the day until I get home. Since I'm still overweight, I'd expect that to be a recipe for slow weight loss. And, as you can see, it is a recipe that produces the expected result. The job is a mixed blessing as well, with 2 to 3 hours a day in the car to and from it and less time to focus on the health topics that get covered around here. I'm still working on how to achieve that in the limited hours I have outside work and commute.
This isn't the place for this discussion. I should probably formulate something for the Lounge. I was going to post something in memory of my sister anyway. She died 8 year ago today, two months after a quadruple bypass she received following a heart attack that was diagnosed while she was recuperating from a compound ankle fracture. That was the event that precipitated our becoming more strictly no SOS WFPB. We were pretty much junk food vegetarians before that, and you know how much cheese that means in our culture. Anyway, this is sort of our eighth McDougall anniversary. I'll close there, except to say:

Congratulations to all US losers!
Have a great week everybody!

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby amandamechele » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 am

Chelspaz wrote:Not sure if we're still logging in the March thread as it's April 1st but I see that everyone else is so....no loss or gain for me! I'm very happy about this because I was definitely more lax last week. Hoping to get 100% back on the wagon this week! Happy April Fools! :unibrow:

Hi All,

Yes, please still report here in the March thread for this week's losses or gains. I will put up the April thread late this evening (I wanted to make it as least confusing as possible).

I'll have more time a bit later to read through everyone's posts. Best wishes today!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby HappyGardener » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:20 am

Last weigh in results...down 2.0 lbs. I am really enjoying having a weigh in day. It creates a weekly goal.
HappyGardener

Postby landog » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:01 am

HappyGardener wrote:Last weigh in results...down 2.0 lbs. I am really enjoying having a weigh in day. It creates a weekly goal.

I agree - but these Fridays sneak up on you quickly :)
landog

Postby LadyM » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:50 am

Hey gang, happy April 1st.

I am down 2.6 lbs.

Glad to have lost what I gained last week and be down a little more. Next week we will see if I can get out of the 5 lbs. down, 5 lbs. up rollercoaster ride I have been on these last 4 months.

I did have a very nice surprise yesterday concerning the weight loss on this WOE. At my all time high weight I was wearing a women's size 24 clothing. I needed to get new jeans because what I am wearing now is WAY to big for me. Well I actually was able to buy a size 8 petit jeans. :D Now my shoe size and pant size match, lol.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Dee
LadyM

Postby sirdle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:43 am

LadyM wrote:Now my shoe size and pant size match, lol.

That's pretty funny. Congratulations on your success! :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby kirstykay » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Stayed the same this week.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Dave Dardinger » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, I'd hoped for a better result but I'm up .4 from two weeks ago when I was 172.8 to 173.2. I suspect it's the muffins we got at Sprouts that did it. We did have some carrot dogs the last couple of suppers. They're quite tasty.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby Polly » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:51 pm

A little late reporting, but as of yesterday, I was down 1.2 lbs. My doctor was pleased with how much I've lost. He tried to tell me "Now just lose this amount of weight in this amount of time" but I told him the weight was not the thing the food is--I just eat. I don't think he really understood. I didn't try to explain further because he needed to see other patients. Lost opportunity perhaps.

Polly
Polly

Postby amandamechele » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Anne - Thank you for checking in.

Loralei - Great job! Best wishes to you for April as well.

jujubear - I'm sure you will be able to get back on track, keep working at it and according to Dr Lisle it just takes a few days to tame the cravings beast. Do you best to be strong. XO

veganjenn - I hope you are having a nice weekend too!

Anne - Thank you, and it's my pleasure to be supporting you in any way I can (same goes for the whole group!) United we stand!

Robert - Thank you for letting us know how things are going for you. We will miss seeing you here. :) Anytime you want to stop in and visit, please do (and I will be sure to check out how you are doing on your thread). Good luck on your Ironman and best wishes in figuring out your best way forward.

Svenga - Next week will be better. Maybe the restaurant will make you something oil-free in the future? Continue to read, reflect and refine and this will become easier and easier.

Anna - Woo hoo ! Best wishes for next week.

Heyer - :)

DocHCLFvegan - Thank you for checking in. Oatmeal is a great start to the day. See you in the April thread.

Jeepsterhound - Good solid loss. :)

Chelspaz - Happy April 1st to you too! This week will be a better week, you know exactly what to do.

Mark - I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. This must be a very tough day for you each year. Please never hesitate to post this sort of thing here, we want to support each other in our journeys towards better health and this is an integral piece of your history. A tragic piece, but I'm sure very helpful to many who read about it. You and your sister are in my thoughts today.
Whether to weigh yourself weekly or monthly is such a difficult personal choice. As you have just said, many do better keeping tabs on their weight closely, whereas others, like me, anguish a bit over every blip on the scale. I agree it is a great indicator of an overall trend, so I guess it will come down to whatever helps keep you most motivated.
As for meal planning, I know you are very familiar with all of the strategies so there is not much I can add, Jeff's meals are my favourite for quick and easy preparation and clean up.

HappyGardener - Great effort this week, I'm glad the Weigh-in is so helpful to you! Best wishes next week.

Dee - Awesome non-scale victory! Size 8!! You have come such a long way, how long have you been eating this way?

kirstykay - Great to hear from you, we'll get 'em next week!

Dave - Carrot dogs sound delicious. Where did you get the recipe from?

Polly - You just keep showing him how to do it, and I'll bet he'll eventually ask for more info. Good for you!
amandamechele

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program