March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby jessbee » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 am

66.1 kgs / 145.7lbs

No change from last week! :(
jessbee

Postby cambitsgirl » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:22 am

This has been a frustrating week. Gained 2 pounds up to 230. Sorry about this. I over did it last Saturday at the live burn. My fit bit said I burned 1200 calories while I was there. One of my team did not bring their gear with them and 2 of us had to haul air bottles up and down hill to fill them all day. I was tired for 4 days afterward (I have Mulitple Sclerosis). Then found out my grandma passed away yesterday. Hopefully this week will be better. Again sorry for bringing the numbers up.
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby galooop » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 am

Lost 1.6 lbs. last week -
in a hurry this morning - will check in later.

-----------
OK - I'm back... I changed the weight loss goal on my ticker to reflect less pounds to go in order to give myself a middle journey goal, if that makes sense. I really have about 44.4 pounds to lose, but will feel happy once I lose 24.4 (as my ticker now says).

Then I'll work on losing the last 20 lbs, which might take longer - I don't know.
Just playing a little game with myself to feel a sense of accomplishment.
:-) Chris
Last edited by galooop on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galooop

Postby anne57 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Yomom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 am

I am holding unchanged at 148#.
Yomom

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 am

cambitsgirl wrote:This has been a frustrating week. Gained 2 pounds up to 230. Sorry about this. I over did it last Saturday at the live burn. My fit bit said I burned 1200 calories while I was there. One of my team did not bring their gear with them and 2 of us had to haul air bottles up and down hill to fill them all day. I was tired for 4 days afterward (I have Mulitple Sclerosis). Then found out my grandma passed away yesterday. Hopefully this week will be better. Again sorry for bringing the numbers up.

Big hugs to you and I'm so sorry for your loss. This coming week will be better for sure, please be kind to yourself -- no need to apologize for anything! :)
Qwerty988

Postby galooop » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 pm

"For the first time in decades I'm 15 pounds from a normal/ healthy BMI. This stuff works :nod: !!!"

Congrats, anne57!

It's a great feeling to be sliding towards that normal BMI. It's what I'm using as a short term (6-8 week) goal, too. I'm about 8.6 lbs away from it. I know it's not a perfect measurement, but it gives a concrete number to work towards...

:-) Chris
galooop

Postby amandamechele » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 pm

Anna - I'm so glad to hear that the food diary is working for you. It can be a great strategy for many people.

Qwerty988 - Wonderful loss, best wishes for the week!

landog - Slow and steady wins the race! See you in the April thread.

jessbee - The bright side is that there was no gain. Where are you struggling? Maybe we can help.

cambitsgirl - No need to be sorry, it happens to all of us. You have had a very rough week. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. :( This week will be better! Do your best to stay with the program but also be kind to yourself when you don't. It will be easier to get back on track that way.

Chris - You do whatever you need to do to stay motivated to eat this way. :) I broke my goals into 2 as well. It's helpful when the ultimate healthy goal feels so far away.

Anne - Woohoo! This stuff really does work! Congratulations to you, effort and dedication are beginning to pay off.

Kathy - Best wishes Kathy, you have come such a long way!
amandamechele

Postby donaldpetemc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Loss: 0. (weighing monthly)
Anne

donaldpetemc

Postby Loralei » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Reporting a loss of .7 lb this week.

Best wishes to all heading into April !!
Loralei

Postby jujubear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey everyone! I am on a weekend trip with my family and there is no scale around. The last time I checked which was yesterday i am up to 159.2 lbs ( so I am up 1.2 lbs). I guess it is from my bad eating and this weekend its been all over the place. Stressed out because I am in the backseat while I take care of my family... they are not eating plantbased now. They were following and now eating sad diet...

I hope i will get in track tomorrow. Going home and will see how i can change my cravings and just being more mentally strong while my hubby and daughter needs me to be.
jujubear

Postby veganjenn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Down 1 pound this week... Have a nice weekend all!

veganjenn

Postby anne57 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anne57

Postby plant_eater » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Well hello everyone, been a couple weeks since I checked in. In regards to my weight loss, well its gone down a couple pounds, up a couple pounds, etc... I am still at 170lbs and 20% body fat. This has been my normal weight/bf for almost 2 years now. When I started this group at the beginning of the year I had ballooned up to about 178, this was due to coming off a year of training and racing 10 races. I just wanted to eat everything lol. My pops passed away on Nov 30th and that added alot of anxiety and stress.

Being here in this group has helped me get back down to my steady weight and it also helped redirect my thoughts and gave me something to work forward to and stay accountable. For that I am grateful.

Being that I had previously lost 90lbs and am of normal BMI, I was trying to use this program to get down to that final leanness I had been wanting. I found that trying to stick to the MWL program was actually doing me more harm then good. As someone who is training for Triathlons and am doing lots of swimming, biking and running, I burn through much higher levels of calories and nutrients that I was not making up with proper food, supplements and had cut out of my diet in the effort to try and get lean. I found myself suffering from symptoms of iron deficiency, and got a stress fracture in my ankle. With that said, I am not in any way faulting the MWL program, but I do believe that with 'my' circumstances it is incompatible with my training especially as race season is starting and I have a major early season race May 6th. I simply cannot afford to have any deficiencies or injuries. Don't worry, still plant based and 90% vegan, 100% vegetarian, ;)

So I have accepted my jiggly midsection as a fact of life for the time being. I believe that I will have to actually take time off from training and racing to actually focus 100% on getting down to the leanness that I desire. Constant cardio and fueling requirements are incompatible with those goals. Maybe next year, or perhaps I can start the off season earlier. (ya right, lol)

Before I go, I want to thank Amanda for a wonderfully amazing effort she puts into taking care of this forum thread. Having to read everyone's posts, encourage everyone, keep track of everyone's weight losses and gains on a ongoing basis, its alot to ask of one person so for all of that, Thank You Amanda for being a exceptionally bright spirit here. You have certainly brightened my days and weight loss journey over the last few months. ;-)

Best wishes to everyone who is here working towards their own personal goals, you can do it. Keep up the good work and stay persistent and you will achieve. For anyone interested I will continue to update my training thread in the exercise and fitness forum and will post results of my Ironman 70.3 event on May 6th.

Cheers and Best Wishes :-)
Robert the Triathlete
Plant Based Athletics
No Meat Athlete
plant_eater

Postby Svenja » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Good Morning!

I have to report, that I gained 2 pounds :(

Day 9 without blood pressure medication :)
Still having problems with water retentions ... the other problems have sorted themselves out.
Yesterday my blood pressure was 129/85 (which is by far better than with medication 8 weeks ago)
Last night I was out for dinner with friends ... I live in a small town and I was very excited to find vegan meals on the menu. But of course they were not fat free. ... and this morning my blood pressure is back to 141/93 ... :(

Blessings!
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program