March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby amandamechele » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Heyer - Next week will be better! Best wishes.

Svenja - A big congratulations for skipping the goodies and for getting off your medication! Let us know how it goes this week.

Chelsea - Awesome job! How's the running coming along?

Jeepsterhound - That's a good solid loss. Best wishes for next week.

HappyGardener - Great job. I have found that I need to do the same thing. Stay connected with others trying to eat this way and to keep hearing/reading the information again and again. You are doing great!

Dee - No worries about the gain this week. Just keep doing your best. LOL, I like your thoughts on this. Your body will give you that victory, but like many of us, not easily. Thank you for reading my post. So you know that I totally get what you're going through. We will just keep at it, together, and eventually we'll get there if we stay the course, slip ups and all. XO

ForestGoddess - It appears that logging in everything really has been a good thing for you. Just keep inching towards greater compliance and be kind to yourself when you slip up. Not many people can do this cold turkey. I am in a similar situation as you at home, many different people eating many different things...and I cook for them all. The best I can offer you is how I deal with it. I keep no dairy in the house. I only buy snack foods for the kids that have fibre and whole grains that are not appealing to me but are still somewhat appealing to them. I make my meals first, and if I run out of time everyone can have toast or cereal or my food for dinner (that doesn't happen often). Please try not to get too down about it, I understand the despair and have been there, but with continued effort you will slowly make progress and begin to feel much better about your progress. I have many more years of sucking at this plan than succeeding at it under my belt...but I'm getting there. You will too!

landog - Sage advice! :)
amandamechele

Postby ANNAUK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Thinking about making my own oat milk or do you think just skip it altogether?
ANNAUK

Postby amandamechele » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:10 pm

ANNAUK wrote:Thinking about making my own oat milk or do you think just skip it altogether?

I say experiment with it and have fun trying something new. I don't have my MWL book handy right now but I recall certain plant milks were okay for the program if not relied on too heavily, such as rice milk. Oat milk may fall into that category as well.
It's soy milk that is recommended to be avoided because of its high fat content.
Last edited by amandamechele on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby landog » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:03 pm

amandamechele wrote:...I don't have my MWL book handy right now but I recall certain plant mills were okay...

Low fat milk substitutes (the book lists rice milk and a non-fat soy milk) "should not be used as beverages, but on cereals and in cooking."
landog

Postby Chelspaz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:23 pm

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - Awesome job! How's the running coming along?

Thanks! The running is pretty steady right now. Had another good 15 minute run I believe it was last Wednesday. I feel my stamina could withstand more, like as far as being able to keep my breathing at a good pace and my heart at a good rhythm, I feel pretty darn good! But when it comes to my legs physically getting tired and my muscles not being used to it, that's a different story. But I'm still enjoying going in the movie room at the gym and getting a good run in. :-D
Chelspaz

Postby amandamechele » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:55 pm

landog wrote:
amandamechele wrote:...I don't have my MWL book handy right now but I recall certain plant mills were okay...

Low fat milk substitutes (the book lists rice milk and a non-fat soy milk) "should not be used as beverages, but on cereals and in cooking."

Thanks Landog. :)
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Chelspaz wrote:
Thanks! The running is pretty steady right now. Had another good 15 minute run I believe it was last Wednesday. I feel my stamina could withstand more, like as far as being able to keep my breathing at a good pace and my heart at a good rhythm, I feel pretty darn good! But when it comes to my legs physically getting tired and my muscles not being used to it, that's a different story. But I'm still enjoying going in the movie room at the gym and getting a good run in. :-D

Awesome! I'm still sort of jealous you have a running movie room in your gym. We need those in Canada...lol.
amandamechele

Postby Chelspaz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 am

amandamechele wrote:Awesome! I'm still sort of jealous you have a running movie room in your gym. We need those in Canada...lol.

Haha! I agree!! Every gym needs one!
Chelspaz

Postby landog » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm

I just wanted to say - "Thanks for dinner, Jeff!"

Longevity Soup - and other goodies
landog

Postby Svenja » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:27 am

Heya!

Things are going a little rough this week.
Day 6 without blood presure medication.
I have better blood pressure now, than 8 weeks ago WITH medication!

But I am stuggeling with edema, headaches and other pains ... it's not fun.
The extra water in my body made me gain 3 lbs.

Hope things will sort out themselfs with adjusting to no medication.

Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby amandamechele » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:17 am

Svenja wrote:Heya!

Things are going a little rough this week.
Day 6 without blood presure medication.
I have better blood pressure now, than 8 weeks ago WITH medication!

But I am stuggeling with edema, headaches and other pains ... it's not fun.
The extra water in my body made me gain 3 lbs.

Hope things will sort out themselfs with adjusting to no medication.

Svenja.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles this week, but I'm glad you''re continuing to eat a healthy diet. Though I remember you saying that you are a health care professional, and thus you understand much of what is going on with your body, it may be a good idea to check in with your doctor during this process because coming off of any medication can be a tricky process.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:18 am

landog wrote:I just wanted to say - "Thanks for dinner, Jeff!"

Longevity Soup - and other goodies

Great link landog, thank you for sharing it. :)
amandamechele

Postby ANNAUK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:35 pm

So I have been eating well but decided to track my calories this week just to see where I am hearing and when more of a food diary. I feel its helped a lot as I often eat when I'm not hungry or I have done more exercise as I've been more mindful of little snacks that creep in. I've even kicked my red bush tea and soya milk :) it's made me also realise how much food you can be full on with calorie density. Long term its not so m etching you can do forever but for now the food diary is working for me xx
ANNAUK

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:33 am

Good morning!

Down -1.2 pounds this week.

Wishing everyone a great week moving forward. :)
Qwerty988

Postby landog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 am

Happy Friday!

Another week, another pound!
Lost 1 pound this week to 162 lbs.

Lost 5 pounds since Feb. 24.
See you in April!

Thanks,
-dog
landog

PreviousNext