March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby landog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 am

Good Morning!

Reasons to be cheerful: 1, 2, 3

1. This board, and its support. What a great place this is, thanks to Doctor McDougall, Jeff Novick, Jim Brown, the Star McDougallers, Amy and the community that posts here. Thank YOU!

2. MWL and the principles of calorie density. When understood and applied, MWL works!

3. Normal BMI. I know it's just one marker, but - hey, why not strive for a healthy BMI? I'm heading in that direction. I just crossed the threshold from 'overweight' to 'normal.'

Reporting a 2 lb. loss to 163 lbs.

Again, thanks!
landog

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:26 am

landog wrote:3. Normal BMI. I know it's just one marker, but - hey, why not strive for a healthy BMI? I'm heading in that direction. I just crossed the threshold from 'overweight' to 'normal.'

YES!! Such a major milestone -- congratulations!! :-D :-D
Qwerty988

Postby ForestGoddess » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:35 am

Congratulations on the Normal BMI Landog - your unprocessed February must have really help you in your goals!

As for me I am still plugging away this week was pretty stressful and after my late weigh in last week I decided to post early and get it over with :P I am down a full lb this week. At 125.2 this morning. I have been tracking everything in MFP...even the bad stuff which is a step forward in progress. 10.2 lbs to goal weight :)

Hope your week has been great everyone!
ForestGoddess

Postby DocHCLFvegan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 am

I had to put away my scale to address my addiction to it...my next weigh in will be April 14. I'm still doing great in hitting my starch targets! For those of you that were good last week and still gained, remember that your weight can easily fluctuate several percent based on non-fat factors such as water, glycogen stores, and intestinal tract contents. I've experienced 3-4 lb swings within one day!
DocHCLFvegan

Postby cambitsgirl » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Had a pretty good week so far. Lost. 2.2 pounds this week down to 228.8.

Added some exercise in this week (other than trying to walk around more while I am at work) and that seems to be helping. This weekend will be a challenge. I have been asked to run the rehab unit for our fire department and other fire departments at a live burn training. We have no idea how long we will be there tomorrow, Trying to plan ahead and bring foods I can eat with me, but it will be a long day of taking vitals, changing and filling the air in there bottles and keeping them hydrated.

Carol
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby bmccloud » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

This is the second week with no change. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think it's a little early to declare a plateau. However, I do recall on my way up the scales that I maintained my current weight for a long time.

So I'm going to do the following:
:!: Review the Maximum Weight Lose Guidelines.
:!: Read the MWL book again.
:!: Stick to only the recipies in the MWL Chapter 16.
:!: Mix up my workouts, add weights two day per week.
:!: Get more sleep.

Review again in another week. :?:

bmccloud

Postby galooop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 am

Lost 1.4 pounds last week (delighted)
:-) Chris

LANDOG - congrats on that Normal BMI !!!
galooop

Postby kirstykay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

Congratulations, Landog!!! A normal BMI is definitely something to celebrate!!
212.4 to 210.6
-1.8 for me this week!!!

I am thrilled to have lost a whole pound two weeks in a row. It's confirmation that the changes I've made are working. I'm also seeing my bs go down, so I know I'm on the right track! I agree with Landog on all the things to be grateful for. And I'm a believer that MWL works, when done correctly. I wasn't doing it before, even though I thought I was. I was allowing little things here and there that added up to more than I was admitting. Now, I'm really following the program, and it's working!

EDIT 03/25/17 - I edited my post to change my weight because the scale was down another .8 this morning and I want to count it for this week. I'm feeling very excited about this coming week. I think I have figured out what was keeping me stuck for so long and have made some important changes. Thanks for all the support and encouragement. This thread is such a big part of this journey for me. You Rock, Amy!! Can't wait to hear more about True North!!!
Last edited by kirstykay on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Cebo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

landog wrote:Good Morning!

Reasons to be cheerful: 1, 2, 3

1. This board, and its support. What a great place this is, thanks to Doctor McDougall, Jeff Novick, Jim Brown, the Star McDougallers, Amy and the community that posts here. Thank YOU!

2. MWL and the principles of calorie density. When understood and applied, MWL works!

3. Normal BMI. I know it's just one marker, but - hey, why not strive for a healthy BMI? I'm heading in that direction. I just crossed the threshold from 'overweight' to 'normal.'

Reporting a 2 lb. loss to 163 lbs.

Again, thanks!

Congrats on the Normal BMI. That is really great. You must be delighted. :-D
Healthy, fulfilled and simple life.............One step at a time

http://www.simplelifeofcebo.blogspot.co.za/
Cebo

Postby Cebo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 am

So this was another good week, I am still following MWL to the T and keeping my food simple. I only cook twice a week which is great. The only things I am still not willing to give up are raisins, ketchup and vegan mayonnaise, I'll give them up as a last resort when I can't get out of a plateau. So I am down 3.4 pounds this week.
Healthy, fulfilled and simple life.............One step at a time

http://www.simplelifeofcebo.blogspot.co.za/
Cebo

Postby anne57 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Yomom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:00 am

No change, still at 148# this week. Am battling a virus with fever - yuk.
Yomom

Postby MakePeasNotWar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:02 am

It's been a rocky week, for sure. Zero exercise, but I'm too sick to eat much, so I managed a small loss anyway. I think I caught a cold on the flight home, and I can't seem to shake it :-(

147 (-1.3)
MakePeasNotWar

Postby hazelrah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 am

Down 1.3 this week (-1.3). Still not getting enough motion, so there is still quite a bit of room for improvement, but being back at work is really helping keep the diet clean. And the IMF seems a lot easier with the routine. Almost back to pre holiday weight. I've got to be a lot more careful when November rolls around this year.

Congratulations to all US losers.

Have a great week everybody.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby anne57 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program