February 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: February 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby GlennR » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:23 am

I'm happy to report a two pound loss this week. Keeping active seems to be helping me a lot.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Polly » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 am

First week. Not perfect MWL (E2 pizza crust). Lost 4.8 pounds. Feeling I'm off to a good start. Long term will tell the story though. I 'm committed to this, still figuring out the MWL bit, but beginning to catch on.
Polly

Postby hazelrah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:37 am

Down 2.5 this week (-2.5). Congratulations to all us losers. May March be as good to us as February was.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby Loralei » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:57 am

Gain of .3 lb....boo hoo.

Better luck to everyone else!
Loralei

Postby anne57 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Heyer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:27 am

I've lost 2.2 pounds this week. :-D
Last edited by Heyer on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heyer

Postby amandamechele » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Everyone,

This is the last weigh-in for the month of February. Congratulations to you all for sticking with it this month (or if you are just finding us - good for you for just jumping right into it)! I will tally up this week's results and post them sometime tomorrow evening.
So please remember to weigh-in today or tomorrow. Or, if you want to participate but don't want to weigh yourself as often just put in a post each Friday saying you lost 0 pounds this week and maybe post your losses (or gains) monthly. That way I will include you in the tally each week - which I think is helpful for a feeling of consistency and belonging and thus will potentially increase your accountability to yourself and downstream from that your eventual weight loss.
I will start a new thread for the March Weigh-In group on March 1. So please continue to post any questions, comments or chit-chat here until the end of the month. I'll link the new thread here, as well, to make it as easy as possible to find.

Best wishes to all of you this week! Thank you for the delicious looking recipe suggestions.

Here are a couple of photos of my lunches for the past 2 days, I made barley in my rice cooker for the first time. It tasted okay. :)

Amy :-D

Sent from my iPad
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:06 am

Qwerty988 - That looks delicious! I'm glad to hear your son likes it. I wish my younger 2 kids would consider trying this type of thing. With regards to how to post a picture, I opened a Flickr account (though I'm sure other photo sharing accounts would work too) and upload photos there in order to obtain a link which is then posted on this site between their image code [img]copylinkhere[/img]... something like that.
Also, great loss this week!

Sirdle - I know right! If only we could be that creative.

Bruceshay1 - Welcome to the group Bruce, I'm happy you're joining us. It sounds like you have been quite successful in applying the concepts taught by Dr McDougall and Jeff. You have a great plan; the food sounds good, the exercise too! I hope we can help you reach your biometric goals for that appointment.

Adelaidelady - Yes! The code word is potato!

Landog - Fantastic loss! This is the last week in the February thread. I'm glad you brought it up (I mentioned it in my recent general salutation, thanks).

BMcCloud - Best wishes for the coming week. :)

Anne - donaldpetemc - Thank you for checking in.

Glenn - I'm glad you've found your groove. This warm weather has got me thinking about more outdoor exercise. I wonder how long it will last?

Polly - Woah, way to come in with a bang! I know that you know which direction to travel, now it just comes down to consistently walking that path. One foot in front of the other. I'm so glad you're back. :) I still feel the way you do right now. I figure if we just keep giving it our best effort we're bound to make progress, even if it is slow or uneven. Even if it stalls for a bit. We can do this!!

Mark - February has been good! :)

Loralei - We win some, we gain some... :lol: Best wishes for next week.

Anne - Anne57 - Awesome! Happy Friday to you too. That's so great that you figured out some helpful tweaks this week. Which condiments did you remove or limit? What other changes did you make?

Heyer - Wowzer, great loss this week.
amandamechele

Postby landog » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

amandamechele wrote:This is the last weigh-in for the month of February.

Thanks, Amy

So, is today the starting point for March?
landog

Postby Bruceshay1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

Kick off week. Starting weight 194.7lbs.
Bruceshay1

Postby kkrichar » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Lost 1 pound this week. My main focus has been staying with McDougall approved foods, heavy starch. So, in terms of weight loss, there's room to change things around. I get really nervous in the beginning about hunger and cravings and I don't want to trigger anything that might take me off track. So I'm happy.

I have a foot injury so last night I bought a swim pass at the Rec Center. I'll try swimming for the foreseeable future. It's just as well since the weather has turned cold again. It's supposed to snow and there's a hot tub at the pool!

Good job everyone! This is such a great group.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby BeckyH » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm down 3.0 lbs for the week :-o
BeckyH

Postby kirstykay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm

So great to see how well everyone is doing this week! It's encouraging to me. I had a hiccup this week that resulted in a 1.5 lb. gain. Boo. But deserved. I have gotten back on track, and hopefully made the necessary adjustments. I have a doctor's appointment a week from Tuesday, so I am hoping my A1c will be lower and that my doctor will not be mad that I didn't fill the prescription he gave me back in November. I'm nervous that I won't show the progress I am hoping for, but I will soldier on regardless of the outcome of that blood work. I will report my results when I get them. Fingers crossed.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Wgroscost » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Well this was my first week without a loss (and a gain!) in my 4 months on the program. I had a few more snacks this week so I think that was the culprit. I was 281.5 last week and I weighed in at 282.8 today, a 1.3 lbs gain. On to next week/ month. Hopefully the next weigh in will have much more positive results!
Wgroscost

Postby lkjuhl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Weighing in at 183. There is 0 change in my weigh this week. :(
lkjuhl

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program