January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Krobbins936 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 am

Sorry I'm late
000 weight loss
000 weight gain
Krobbins936

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:14 am

No one is late yet! I won't be collating our numbers until I get back from a wedding, late late late, tonight.
So... there's still much time to weigh-in! So keep 'em coming!

Amy :-D
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:33 am

Ringleader - It sounds like you are really thinking about the changes you are making. That's great. Like Aesop's fable about the Tortoise and the Hare: Slow and steady wins the race!

DizzieLizzie - No worries. I'm glad you're back. :) We'll be here to help you on this journey. I've done it (and still am) and so have many others. If you posted an earlier weight, I'll adjust it from there (sorry I'm not so good at figuring out how to check this stuff from my phone). You have come a long way already with an almost 60 pound loss, that is amazing! Good on you.

Dlee - I hope you're doing a happy dance today! I am doing one for you. Congratulations on a new low, fantastic!

Chelsea - Keep on trucking is right! Be proud of that loss and look forward of more to come. This is tough stuff to do consistently, but with practice it becomes much easier. So much easier!! Good luck this week. Keep me posted on your delicious recipe choices. :)

Krobbins936 - Alright! Keep plugging away. How are you finding it?
amandamechele

Postby plant_eater » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Robert the Triathlete
Plant Based Athletics
No Meat Athlete
plant_eater

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks Robert ... That looks pretty high-tech. I have an old doctor's office scale, so old school!
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 am

Hi Everyone!

Well, we had another great week. I'm so impressed; we managed to shed almost 31 pounds. That's huge!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and check in throughout the week to let us know how you're doing.

Here are the results for the second week in January:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, January 20th, 2017

January 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss reported in 2017: 97.15 pounds
Total group loss in January 2017: 97.15 pounds
Week ending 01/13/2017: 24 participants reported a total loss of 40.9 pounds

---------------------------------------------

Total gains = 0.0
GlennR - 0.5
Loralei - 0.0
Anne57 - 1.0
Bernadette_S - 2.2
Plant_Eater - 2.0
DizzieLizzie - 0.0
BMcCloud - 2.0
Fancyfinch - 2.4
Solstice - 1.5
Chelspaz - 0.8
Rresn50 - 0.0
Sarleney - 5.4
Krobbins936 - 0.0
Marlene - 1.0
Ringleader - 1.0
DaveDardinger - 1.2
Amandamechele - 1.5
Yomom - 0.0
Nurse_Kim - 4.0
Dlee - 1.0
Asia - 0.0
Hazelrah - 3.3
Wgrocost - 5.7
Christi777 - 4.4
Total losses = 40.9

Total group loss in January 2017: 97.15 pounds
Week ending 01/13/2017: 24 participants reported a total loss of 40.9 pounds
Week ending 01/06/2017: 42 participants reported a total loss of 56.25 pounds

[Edited to add 2 participants]
Last edited by amandamechele on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amandamechele

Postby Chelspaz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 am

So I am looking to have Jeff Novick's Basic Burger recipe again this week because it was so delicious. There is also a Black Bean Sloppy Joe recipe from my other cookbook that is MWL compliant. My question is: What do I put the burgers/sloppy joes on? I know most bread/buns are not MWL compliant, but if there is something out there, I'd love to know! And just a heads up, I like to do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart, so if you know of anything at Wal-Mart that I can get, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!
Chelspaz

Postby Dave Dardinger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:51 am

Chelspaz,

I believe corn tortillas are MWL compliant (at least as long as they don't have added fat/oil.) So you could make some sort of taco, either soft or hard shell. I know Jeff also has a falafel recipe in Fast Food, Burgers and Frys which could work as well.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby Chelspaz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:52 am

Dave Dardinger wrote:Chelspaz,

I believe corn tortillas are MWL compliant (at least as long as they don't have added fat/oil.) So you could make some sort of taco, either soft or hard shell. I know Jeff also has a falafel recipe in Fast Food, Burgers and Frys which could work as well.

I thought about doing that and I think that's what I'll use. :)
Chelspaz

Postby Wgroscost » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Weekly weigh-in. 312 on 1/7. As of 1/13 I weighed in at 306.3. This time next week hope to be under 300lbs! I just set a reminder to update on Friday's, sorry I was late again.
Wgroscost

Postby Christi777 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Weigh in for yesterday was 131!!!!
Christi777

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Chelsea - Dave's suggestion is great, corn tortillas with no extra ingredients would work. I sometimes use romaine lettuce leaves, for a fresh and lighter burger or just cut them up and eat them with rice or potatoes (like his baked russet fries). They are great for freezing, so I always try to make a big batch. Yum, now I want to make them too!

Wgrocost and Christi777 - You both had a great week! Keep up the effort, it's really paying off for you. :nod:
amandamechele

Postby Chelspaz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 am

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - Dave's suggestion is great, corn tortillas with no extra ingredients would work. I sometimes use romaine lettuce leaves, for a fresh and lighter burger or just cut them up and eat them with rice or potatoes (like his baked russet fries). They are great for freezing, so I always try to make a big batch. Yum, now I want to make them too!

Yea I'll definitely be doing the corn tortillas and literally using them like a bun lol. I'll put lettuce and tomato and maybe just a little dollop of ketchup or other sauce to add a little pizazz. The dollop of sauce might put it just out of MWL, but I would imagine not by much. And I always like to have corn on the cob for a side with my burgers. :-D
Chelspaz

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:26 am

Chelsea - That sounds delicious... we eat a lot of corn on the cob here as well. Well, really, we eat a lot of corn in general, I love it's sweet taste. What is your favourite condiment? I like the old standards of ketchup, mustard and relish; I also have fallen in love with a mustard called Sweet with Heat, it's by a Canadian brand PC, but I'm sure there are many similar choices in the states. It's sweet mustard and Chili flakes mixed together. Yum!

Does anyone else have a favourite condiment they wish to share here? I'm always on the lookout for new and wonderful flavours.

Amy
amandamechele

Postby Chelspaz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 am

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - That sounds delicious... we eat a lot of corn on the cob here as well. Well, really, we eat a lot of corn in general, I love it's sweet taste. What is your favourite condiment? I like the old standards of ketchup, mustard and relish; I also have fallen in love with a mustard called Sweet with Heat, it's by a Canadian brand PC, but I'm sure there are many similar choices in the states. It's sweet mustard and Chili flakes mixed together. Yum!

Does anyone else have a favourite condiment they wish to share here? I'm always on the lookout for new and wonderful flavours.

Amy

Corn is awesome! I'd have it with every meal if I didn't have family members who didn't feel as strongly about corn as I do. :lol:

My favorite condiment is something that is definitely not MWL hahaha! But it's Vegenaise Chipotle Mayo. That stuff can make anything out of this world! Kind of sad that I have to put that on hold for a while, but it's for a good reason. Other than that, my condiment I always go for is ketchup! :)

I know most ketchups have high fructose corn syrup and other yucky stuff like that in it, so what brands are the best to use? (Keep in mind I do most of my shopping at Walmart, but I of course can stop in other places if I need to get something specifically sold somewhere else.)
Chelspaz

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program