January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Sarleney » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 am

This week I am down from 197.8 to 192.4 (weekly loss of 5.4 pounds)

Sarleney

Postby Yomom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

No change; still at 153.
Have started a weight lifting class, which is a good thing,
Yomom

Postby Dave Dardinger » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:23 am

Down 1.2 lb. this week from 174.4 to 173.2. I also had my right eye cataract operation, so once everything heals and adjusts I'll have both the best weight and best eyesight I've had since High School! Now about my hearing....
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby hazelrah » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

Don't know if this is cheating or not, but , as I posted elsewhere, I put on a bunch of weight over the holidays so the first couple of weeks should be accelerated. I should have kept posting throughout the holidays, but I was a jerk. And I was not following MWL during them either. So back to it this week, It's going to take a while to get back to where I was, let alone progress, but in the last week I am down 3.3 ( -3.3), and I've got to take it.

Congratulations to all us losers. Have a great week everybody.

Mark
Last edited by hazelrah on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby Marlene » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:35 pm

I lost 1 lb this week: now 260.

Also, I watched Dr Lisle's video on evil and it was very helpful.
Marlene

Postby Bernadette.S » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Loss of -2.2 pounds

Really happy with that as I only started the program on Wednesday after a false start last week.
I'm on the treadmill 5 days a week just walking for now while I build some fitness and consistency with both good eating and regular exercise.
Keep at it everyone!! 8)
Bernadette.S

Postby rresn50 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm at the same weight....ate well at home but not outside. Will try to control the social eating this week.
rresn50

Postby Solstice » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Only down 1.5 pounds this week, but that's better than a gain!
Solstice

Postby plant_eater » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I came in at 174 @ 22% body fat, 24.4 BMI. 2lb loss

So lost 2 pounds, very slight uptick (2%) in body fat. Been heavy on the rice and potatoes this week, probably edging on more carbs then I could burn so slight fat gain.

Like I said, body fat has been my arch nemesis for the last 2 years. But I will make progress.

Dude, clean your mirror :oops:

Robert the Triathlete
Plant Based Athletics
No Meat Athlete
plant_eater

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 pm

BMcCloud, Anne and GlennR - Yahoo, great going this week!

Loralei - Happy Birthday to your dad!

Fancyfinch - I totally get what you are talked about. Any boys reading this may want to put their fingers in their ears and close their eyes (really, just skip to the next post :-o ). I used to have a monthly food blowout and I couldn't figure out why until I started tracking my cycle in my calendar. The week before my Auntie Flow would visit I would consistently eat every pretzel, chocolate chip and jar of peanut butter in the house. I've dealt with it by adding a pop up reminder in my calendar for that time to remind myself how I am about to feel and that psychological preparation enabled me to just eat more starchy foods and accept a few days of being hormonally hungry. I'm glad your tastes are beginning to change, that is huge!

Nurse Kim and Sarleney - Nice job! That's a great loss.

Welcome Asia - glad you will be joining us this week.

Hi Sirdle!

Kathy - what kind of weight class are you taking? There's an area that I need some inspiration and motivation.

Dave Dardinger - Fantastic! I hope everything heals up quickly.

Welcome back Mark! All losses count, definitely take them when you get them and celebrate. :)

Marlene - Great work this week. That's a great video too. For anyone who hasn't seen it, take a look at the link below:
http://esteemdynamics.org/video/the-continuum-of-evil/

Bernadette - Consistency is so important, and it takes practice. I'm happy for your loss (yikes, that doesn't sound quite right).

Rresn50 - That's exactly it, fresh week, fresh start. You can do this.

Solstice - That's a fantastic loss (it's the same as mine this week :nod: )

Robert - You're doing great. What kind of scale are you using? If you're keeping your percentage of fat low, by avoiding the oil, dairy and high fat plant foods, you needn't worry about all the complex carbs. It will right itself in time. Our bodies are amazing at this type of regulation when they're being given the proper fuel. Keep plugging away, you've already come so far. Be very proud of yourself! (I'm currently also trying to find my new normal, it'll take some experimentation)
Last edited by amandamechele on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby Ringleader » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:38 am

I improved on not over eating, eating appropriate meals and lost 1 pound.
Ringleader

Postby DizzieLizzie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:33 am

Sorry, totally forgot to weigh in last Friday, so I guess this will be my starting weigh in.
Friday morning I weighed 243.
I need to lose quite a bit still, about 100 lbs. My highest weight was 299. My long term goal is 140 lbs and see where I go from there.
I am looking forward to this journey.
Last edited by DizzieLizzie on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DizzieLizzie

Postby landog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:36 am

DizzieLizzie wrote:[
I need to loose

lose :)
landog

Postby dlee » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 am

Good results so far everyone.
I am happy to report I've slipped below my 120 .5 lb barrier to 119.5 lb A loss of 1lb. YAY!
That 120 level was dogging me so onto the next. Have a good healthy week ahead everyone. Dlee :-D
dlee

Postby Chelspaz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 am

Bleh. Only .8 lb. I wasn't as strict for my first week though as I was finishing a few select items in the kitchen from before I started. Going to keep on trucking!
Chelspaz

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program