January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Vikki » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 am

Today is my first day in this group. I started McDougall plan last month. I loss this week 3 lbs.
Vikki

Postby Belinda » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:51 am

I'm down 5.5 pounds this week.
*♥´¨)
¸.•♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸ ;.♥Belinda♥*❅.•*˚✻.•*˚❆.• *
Belinda

Postby Chelspaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 am

202.6 today. When I went vegan initially, 7 months ago, I weighed about 215, so taking meat and dairy out of my diet allowed me to loose that and keep most of it off...now it's time to get serious!! :nod:
Chelspaz

Postby dlee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:48 am

Welcome to all those new to this group. Sorry to say I'm up .5 lb this week , from 120 to 120.5 lb
Lost focus this week..lots of stress...oh well better next week I hope I'm prepping meals this week end. Dlee
dlee

Postby Dave Dardinger » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:21 am

Well, I had a minimal loss of .2# this week, from 174.6 to 174.4. I'm sure pleased to see all the newcomers this month. We were getting a bit thin in numbers in December (and hopefully in weight too).
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby aussieot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:40 am

Joining to continue my progress. I went to the 10 day live in in June. I have lost 36# since then but still need to do more. Goal is to continue this journey.
aussieot

Postby MoniRosa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 am

I look forward to joining this group. I have a start weight of 210 and I weighed in at 207.8 for a 2.2 pound loss. - Monica :)
MoniRosa

Postby Rufus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 am

Hi everyone! Happy to have found this group. Hoping to do better this year with my healthy eating. I've been working at it for years now, do great, then slip back in to old ways. Hopeful this go round I can make the changes stick for good!
Rufus

Postby Chelspaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 am

I've seen a lot of people pretty bummed about gaining or only losing 2 lbs or less....but just remember, we are always fluctuating that much weight naturally. Just keep doing your best! :-D
Chelspaz

Postby Christi777 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Weigh in # 1 135.4. Target healthy weight for my height is 115-117. 20 lbs to go. I always start the day off right and then by about 5 pm everything goes downhill. I think tonight I will change my routine and have a glass of wine right after dinner (4ounces), to help me relax and stay on course. I am a mama of three very young children and have been through a LOT of stress lately. I definitely stress eat and need to just allow myself 1 glass of delicious wine at night.
Christi777

Postby Chelspaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:39 pm

So I was looking through my book, The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook, and they are all low-fat recipes for weight loss, but is this book still not considered in the MWL category? I just want to double check this because this book is one I've wanted for a long time and I want to be able to use the recipes in it while trying my best to stay within the MWL guidelines. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Nevermind!! I came across this list https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/maximum_weight_loss_compatible_recipes_mcdougall_books.pdf that lists compatible MWL recipes to his other cookbooks, which my cookbook in question is mentioned quite a lot! Yay! I also went ahead and bought the MWL program book on Amazon since it was super cheap! So excited!!
Chelspaz

Postby ChrisT » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:42 pm

I am starting at 157 this month, but actually gained this week-not sure why. I forgot where the little weight tracker worm is or how to get it. My weight range is 131-145. Letting my body decide what my ideal weight is.
ChrisT

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Everyone!

Welcome again to everyone joining us! I am excited to see how far we can all take this! It's great to hear from so many of you returning each week and from all of the many new voices.
We lost over 50 pounds this week!!! That's a lot of weight. I hope everyone is starting to get the hang of things and feel comfortable with the changes they are making. Please ask questions, post observations and let's get to know each other.

I have compiled our first weigh-in list for the month. For everyone who has given me a number, I have added it below. For everyone else, I have added in a 0 for the week, as your starting point. We don't keep track of total weight lost during a challenge for each individual, just as a group. If you want to do that, many people add it to their signature as a tracker. (Sorry I can't help you with that :eek: )

Here are the results for the first week in January:

Next weigh in is on Friday, January 13th, 2017

January 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh In Results
Total group loss reported in 2017: 56.25 pounds
Total group loss in January 2017: 56.25 pounds
Week ending 01/06/2017: 42 participants reported a total loss of 56.25 pounds

---------------------------------------------
Amandamechele - 2.0
Yomom - 2.0
Nurse_Kim - 0.2
Dlee - 0.5
Total gains = 4.7
GlennR - 3.0
Belinda - 5.5
BeccaF - 0.0
Gayhartk - 9.0
Loralei - 1.2
Little - 0.0
Anne57 - 2.1
Bernadette_S - 0.0
PhilSmith - 0.0
PaulaW - 0.0
ArnoldSand - 0.0
Plant_Eater - 0.0
DizzieLizzie - 0.0
BMcCloud - 5.0
Rahneida - 0.0
Sara_S - 0.2
Fancyfinch - 3.6
Burk - 2.3
Solstice - 5.9
Chelspaz - 0.0
Christi777 - 0.0
Rresn50 - 0.0
MooMoo - 5.75
Plorance - 5
GWhiz - 0.0
Sarleney - 0.0
Krobbins936 - 0.0
Angell523 - 0.0
Marlene - 0.0
Debbie_O. - 0.0
Ringleader - 0.0
Vikki - 3.0
DaveDardinger - 0.2
Aussieot - 0.0
MoniRosa - 2.2
Rufus - 0.0
ChrisT - 0.0
Wgrocost - 7.0
Total losses = 60.95

Total group loss in January 2017: 56.25 pounds
Week ending 01/06/2017: 42 participants reported a total loss of 56.25 pounds

(Edited to add Wgrocost)
Last edited by amandamechele on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Plant_Eater - Are you training for something in particular right now?

Ringleader - Woah, you have a wonderfully large family. Do you all eat this way?

Nurse_Kim and Vikki and Belinda - Great job this week!

Dlee - I think you did fabulously considering we just went through the holidays together. As Chelsea mentioned (and Dr. Doug Lisle is always saying), it's probably just weekly weight fluctuations due to sodium or hormones or something of the sort.

Dave - You really stayed the course through the holidays too, congratulations on another new low weight!

Aussieot - Welcome! Congratulations for continuing the program so successfully at home. You've done really well. Did you enjoy the 10-day program?

Welcome Monica and Rufus!

Christi777 - It's so nice to have a number of moms of young children join the group. I am still slowly transitioning my family in this direction. I wanted to work on myself first. Does your family eat this way? Having young kids and making big changes to your way of eating can be very stressful. Forgive yourself for mistakes and just keep trying to follow the guidelines. That's how I do it. I also make a pot of tea in the evening to sip, like you, just to have something relaxing handy.

Chelsea - I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for. I don't own that particular book; have you made many of the recipes? Any favorites or recipes that you can't wait to try?

Welcome ChrisT! I will have to look into those tracker things too. If you figure it out before I do, can you share how to do it?

If I have missed any questions or comments, please forgive me, and then just ask again. :-D

My first goal, for this year is to lose my last 10 "overweight" pounds.

Highest Weight: 237 lbs
Current Weight: 140 lbs
Goal 1: BMI 24.9: 129.5 lbs
Goal 2: 115 lbs

Here is what I ate for lunch today:
amandamechele

Postby Chelspaz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:16 pm

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for. I don't own that particular book; have you made many of the recipes? Any favorites or recipes that you can't wait to try?

Last week (before I decided to do the MWL program) I made Black Bean Sloppy Joes (which I actually found out IS an MWL recipe!!), Ravioli w/ Quick Marinara Sauce, and Mexican Lasagna. All of which were AH-mazing!!

This week I will be making two recipes from Jeff Novick's link you sent me, which are Italian Pasta Primavera and the Basic Burger, as well as three MWL recipes from my Quick & Easy Cookbook: Spicy Spanish Rice, Vegetable Risotto, and Veggie Bean Casserole. So excited to try all of these recipes!!!

Tonight I will be having a quick put-together meal with Kung Pao Cauliflower over rice. :D
Chelspaz

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program