January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Hope I am doing this right On New Years Day l weighed 213.75 and today l weigh 208' so l guess 208 is my starting weight. I would like to get to 147 as struggled to get under that and maintain but in my youth l had never heard of Dr McDougal as live in the UK X Moo :roll: tickers
Last edited by Moomoo on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moomoo

Postby plorance » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello,
I can't remember the last time I was motivated to try any type of diet OR exercise (besides walking and that only occurred on my breaks at work). I was the heaviest I've ever been in my 50 years.

I was fortunate enough to attend Dr. McDougall's 8-day program in late October so I've been following it a little over two months and I've seen amazing results. After losing weight so quickly the first few weeks, I was finally motivated to exercise (walk, cardio, strength, abs, etc.). I feel so much better (mentally and physically), I sleep better, and truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I HOPE THIS DRIVE NEVER GOES AWAY!

I'm down 5 pounds since last Friday (25 pounds since I started Dr. McDougall's program) BUT those 5 pounds have been fluctuating for a few weeks. I'm hoping to become even more committed by joining this forum and following the MWL program.

Thanks for this opportunity to gain support from others and to be held accountable!
plorance

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Ooops tried to put a ticker on - epic fail :-(
Moomoo

Postby Gwhiz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

My goal is to lose 20 lbs to reach the ideal BMI for my body size. I just started yesterday so no results to post yet.
Gwhiz

Postby Sarleney » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Joining in. I didn't weigh myself this morning but will tomorrow morning and go from there. _
Sarleney

Postby Krobbins936 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Ok
I'm trying to see if I'm in the right place. My starting weight is 155
Been trying to break this level for years now. Up down
Up down. Really need help here. Hope you guys are the answer.
I'm willing to try anything so here we go on a new adventure.
Krobbins936

Postby Chelspaz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:36 pm

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - Jeff Novick, the RD for this program, has posted a number of ideas for quick tasty meals.
Here is a link to part of what he teaches at the 10-Day program:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/Advanced_Study_Weekend_Fast_Food_Handout_3-13.pdf

If you like pictures, he also has a really great page called My Simple Recipes, on his Facebook page, with pictures and general recipes. 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, 5 dollars. Check it out. (Click on the picture for a list of ingredients)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JeffNovickRD/photos/?tab=album&album_id=204432390124

Awesome! Thanks for the links! I will definitely be checking these out and I'm sure bookmarking them for future use. Thanks for also being so responsive to not just me, but everyone. I always appreciate a moderator who is so attentive and helpful. You rock! :D
Chelspaz

Postby Angell523 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm in! Need help getting back on track after the holidays. Thankful for this group.
Angell523

Postby Marlene » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:18 pm

:oops: 261 the most I have ever weighed.
Marlene

Postby Loralei » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:48 pm

This is my first weigh in report. I started the MWL program on Dec. 30, 2016 and my weight was 133.4 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 132.2, a loss of 1.2 lbs. :)
Loralei

Postby Debbie O. » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:57 pm

I am going to give this group a try. I have been fluctuating @10-15 pounds up & down over the past several months (after losing almost 50 lbs. since April 2016) following a plant-based diet, and need to do something different. I just purchased the Maximum Weight Loss book and will officially begin Jan. 10th.
Debbie O.

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi again Everyone,

This is so exciting! So many of us here, and we are going to do this!!

Welcome to Christi777, rresn50, MooMoo, plorance, Gwhiz, Sarleney, Krobbins936, Angell523, Marlene and Debbie O. :-D

Little - I'd love to hear more about your stay at True North and how you liked it. Did you meet Dr. Lisle while you were there? I imagine he may have more experience answering your question. He also has a forum on this website (as he is also the McDougall staff psychologist - for those who aren't familiar with everything here yet) that he periodically visits and answers questions. You could also try asking him about your experience via his email: [email protected] or at his website: esteemdynamics.org

Sara S - I got rid of the nuts in my house the same way this week...lol... :P The weigh in challenges run each month, and are basically continuous. A new thread is started the 1st day of each month, I imagine because the thread would become horrendously long otherwise. So we can just keep doing this until we get where we want to go.

Christi777 - We're here for you and so many of us have felt that frustration too.

rresn50 - That's great that you don't have to start from complete scratch. Best wishes.

MooMoo - I have put you down for a 5.75 pound loss for the week. You have done great. I am a techno idiot and have never figured out how to do those ticker thingys. Maybe someone here would be kind enough to give us both a lesson. :D

Plorance - Awesome job so far! Did you love the program or what? Did you get to meet Dr Lim?

GWhiz and Sarleney - Glad to have you join us!

Krobbins936 - I'm glad you were feeling adventurous. The weight loss is not always fast, but the better you stick to the guidelines, the better the results. Also, you may enjoy the Jeff Novick video on Calorie Density I posted closer to the beginning of the thread.

Chelsea - Thanks! :-)

Angel and Marlene - Also glad you both found the group too!

Loralei - Your dedication has payed off this week!

Debbie O - Great! I love having a copy of the book to flip through too.
amandamechele

Postby Nurse_Kim » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 pm

I guess I gained 0.2 lbs this week. I was still clearing out junk food this week. Hoping for better results next week.
Nurse_Kim

Postby plant_eater » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Checking In for the Friday Weigh In :D

Today I am 176.5 lbs, 20.7% Body Fat with a 24.7 BMI

Goal is 10% Body Fat

My heaviest for 2016 was 180.9 lbs, 23.1% BF, 25.3 BMI (Dec 23rd, 7:00AM)
My lightest for 2016 was 164.4 lbs, 18.4% BF, 23 BMI (Jun 3rd, 9:35AM)

Interesting correlation in reviewing my weigh data over the last year, my lightest weight of 164lbs was also at my highest body water mark of 56.1%, my heaviest at 180lbs was the lowest body water mark at 52.4%

I am currently at my highest muscle mass of the year at 135.5 lbs lean muscle mass, pretty cool, everything is moving in the right direction.
Robert the Triathlete
Plant Based Athletics
No Meat Athlete
plant_eater

Postby Ringleader » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:05 am

I hope I'm following the directions correctly. I'm a new member. I am very familiar with the McDougall plan and also mwl. I have all but the most recent cookbooks and use them regularly but with a large family havE had trouble staying true to the program. We have been dairy free for 10 years. Meat free for most of that time. The problem is breads, snacks, desserts and portions. Now I'm older and finding the weight is much harder to lose than 10 years ago. Support, encouragement and accountability would be really great. Right now I have an overall goal of 60 pounds to lose but I'm looking forward to the scale going down 1 pound at a time. Mom of 6...
Ringleader

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program