January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby bmccloud » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 am

Down two pounds. :D

bmccloud

Postby Asia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:41 am

Chelspaz wrote:I am going to start working out at a local gym starting this week. My husband and I were finally able to get his corporate gym membership via his work, and I was able to be added on for a lower monthly cost than a regular membership, which is nice. It's at a gym that has a movie room with treadmills, ellipticals, and cycling machines, which is my favorite! I love to go on the treadmills and walk [with spouts of jogging] while I watch a movie on the big screen! Then I may go play around with some of the equipment if I'm feeling adventurous hehe.

I am so giddy for you! The gym atmosphere is something I really miss. Yes, be adventurous! :nod:
Asia

Postby Asia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 am

I gained a lb. Sorry, gang. :-( All this sitting around at home is not helping. Too easy to eat more calories than needed, even with following the plan. Plus, it's that time of the month. :oops:

This week I will start doing upper body weight training to burn some kind of calories and get my metabolism revving a little.
Asia

Postby fancyfinch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:15 am

So, I'm down 0.6 lbs... :\ I don't understand. I understand plateaus happen, but I wasn't expecting one so soon. I'm trying to hold onto the fact that I lost 12 pounds in 1 month, which is amazing! -- but, at the same time, I am definitely far from my goal (around 30 lbs more). I feel the fear starting to creep in that this is the end of the line and it was too good to be true and I'll only lose a pound (or less!) this coming month, and it's such a dangerous line of thinking to allow in. :(

Stay positive. Just stay positive and keep going...

I have to ask myself if I'm really following the rules? Or maybe I'm eating too much or not enough? Not enough greens? Too many beans? I've been feeling so extra-bloated this past week and I haven't figured out what it's from yet. Really I'm just stressing myself out, which is usually a worthless activity. Maybe this is temporary and I'm freaking out for nothing. I'll never know unless I stick to my guns and keep going.

My Weight Chart:
>
fancyfinch

Postby Waterfit » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:34 am

I am starting again. Today's weight was 131. My goal is 107.
Waterfit

Postby Nurse_Kim » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:35 am

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I'm sitting down today to come up with a game plan for the coming week. I find I do better when I have a written out plan.
Weigh in wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I gained 2.2 lbs this week, but I'm still down 3 lbs overall so I'm not super disappointed.
Last edited by Nurse_Kim on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nurse_Kim

Postby GlennR » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:44 am

A half pound up. Boo. The best thing about this is I have a whole week until the next weigh in for my body to decide to give up the next bit of fat. :-D
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Chelspaz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 am

amandamechele wrote:Chelsea - Have you fully explored the new gym? What do you think?

My husband and I went for MY first time Saturday and it was really fun exploring together! We did a good stint on the treadmill and he showed me a couple of the arm weight machines. This week going by myself has been fun. Wednesday night the movie room was full, so had to be out on the treadmills with everyone else. I definitely like the dark atmosphere better and I like having the big screen to watch. I am excited to go tonight. :)

Asia wrote:I am so giddy for you! The gym atmosphere is something I really miss. Yes, be adventurous! :nod:

I'm not a HUGE fan of the gym atmosphere, but I like that while I'm there I have no distractions, and that it's a place that I can go to to focus on my workout. That is something I definitely appreciate about it.
Chelspaz

Postby plant_eater » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 am

Very light progress this week.

Down 1/2lb and 1.5% body fat.

So 172.5lbs 20% body fat today.

Technically I broke the 20% body fat barrier at 19.8% :-D

Best in wellness to everyone!
Robert the Triathlete
Plant Based Athletics
No Meat Athlete
plant_eater

Postby hazelrah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28 am

I'm up 2.1 this week (+2.1) . Not doing anything wrong that I can think of so I'm figuring it is timing and will be gone next week. When I started in 2009 I lost about 50 pounds in a couple of months but I've been losing the same 20 pounds ever since. But still feeling good thanks to this WOE.
Sorry to bring up the group totals. Congratulations to all you losers. Hope to join you next week.

Have a great week everybody.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby Wgroscost » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 pm

I weighed in at 296.2 this morning and was 298.7 last Friday. Weekly loss of 2.5lbs.
Wgroscost

Postby Yomom » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:41 pm

No gain, no loss for me - same at 150#.
I am still enjoy my women's weight lifting class, and an going snowshoeing tomorrow.
Cheers to everyone.
Yomom

Postby Bernadette.S » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Loss of -0.6 pounds for this week.
Loss of 5.1 inches
My food has been good but I had my cousin staying with me so I have enjoyed a fair bit much f wine and vodka, we also shared some hot chips and a meal of Thai including entree, but all my other meals have been compliant. And you know what, I'm more than ok with it. She goes home today, so it will be easy to slip back into my program because I enjoy it so much. 8)
Bernadette.S

Postby fancyfinch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm

GlennR - I like how you think! I will make an effort to think of it this way this coming week. Thank you for that insight!
fancyfinch

Postby stillcrazy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:05 pm

I am very pleased with a 1.4 lb. loss this week. I kept my fat percentage at 10 or under all week which meant no nuts, no avocados, nothing with added fat and I also walked 3 days and swam once. I'm not quite ready to say I'm back on track, but I'm sure headed in the right direction. I read her LOTS for motivation and it's really helpful. Vee
stillcrazy

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program